Mynx Hair

Author
mscaribbeanma View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 21yo and heels help\
    Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 2:15am
heylo ladies
im gonnas be 21 this yr and im tryin to amp up my look and i wanted to start wearin heels more my only problem is that my feet gotta be weird cuz i only get corns on the same toes ont he same foot. and sometimes when i walk in them my ankles hurt.

Sponsored Links

samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 2:21am
welcome to the world of heels. truth be told, most heels hurt. i have a few pair that dont hurt, but heels aren't made to be worn everyday. congrats on turning 21 but it is going to be hard to find heels that dont hurt ur feet
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 9:56am
i think i saw a post where another lady on here said that the "good shoes" dont hurt as bad vs low end like forever 21 im guessibg by good shose she means more expensive ones  ?!?!
ExoticBlack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 12:04am
I think it depends on what heels your interested in.
I've never been a fan of super high six-inch heels, so most of the time mine dont hurt me.
I would also suggest getting proper inserts for your heels.
I have flat feet, so if I wore most of my heel without inserts I would be hurting.
It all depends on your feet, your style, and your preferences.
I usually dont go over 3.5 inches because I know they will bring me some pain; and to be honest I dont even care for most heels over 4 inches.

In my opinion good shoes dont have to be expensive.

Edit*
Right now my most favored (And comfy) heels came from urban outfitters for $50; they were cheap, on sale, and I love them to death.  It doesn't matter how expensive  a shoe is, it matters how they fit, and how they fit into your style.

Edited by ExoticBlack - Jan 06 2011 at 12:09am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 1:10am
yeah i dont think i cud go over 4 and short heels NO WAY. lol i was checkin out makemechic.com and urbanog.com

are certain brands better than te other or does it matter?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 1:31pm
ok so today i went out and bought these madden girl atonne in black i had to get 1/2 size smaller and put cusionis in them because they were flippin up off the back. the back part is rubbing against my ankels and its so annoying but im gonna keep them they are sorta comfy
Tasha_Fierce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 3:12pm
To keep them from rubbing up against your ankles, get a bandaid and stick it on the inside of the shoes. Thats what i do LOL
lala71848 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 7:31pm
^^That's smart I Never thought of doing that.
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 7:33pm
Heels that are usually more comfortable than others in my opinion are platform pumps. They are easier to walk around in
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 10:04pm
you have to find heels that work for your feet. what you've heard is correct; if you're wearing good heels, they should not hurt. and good doesn't necessarily mean expensive. I've had pricey shoes that hurt and cheap heels that didn't, and vice versa.

if you're not used to wearing heels, start with a smaller heel. kitten heels, wedges, and platforms are all good starts. a shoe with an ankle strap may help you if you're still learning to walk in them or if you're going to be doing a lot of movement.

your size in sneakers/boots/sandals may not be the same as in heels. I wear I size 10, but in heels I wear a 9.5 or 9, depending on the cut.

pay attention to the cut and the brand of the shoe. not all shoes are made the same. some brands run big or small. pointy toed shoes may be too narrow for your toes.

listen to your feet! are your feet wide or narrow? buy accordingly. do you have flat feet? you may need arch supports. are they screaming at you after wearing them for hours? buy gel inserts. do your feet/ankles/legs hurt almost immediately after putting on the shoe? the heel is too high.

take the liberty of taking a few laps around the shoe department when buying shoes. if they're too high/big/small/painful in the store, that's not going to change when you get back home.

good luck!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic