Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

21 Racial Microagressions you Hear Daily

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:18am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I feel some type of way about the girl who said "No, you're white".   I understand u feel that your slavic background should be acknowledged but...honestly...in my eyes your still white.  U may be Russian/Greek/Italian/Irish...but...*shrugs*  you're still white.

no shade, but shade.

Are you sure she's white, though? The article says this study was focused on people of color. I assumed she was a really light mixed person.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:19am
And I think #7 is full of shyt. She looks black.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:37am
#5 gave me high school and college flashback.

in high school there were only 3 black girls and these white folks kept asking me to try out for the play.  my one white friend was like you really should try out, so asked her what was the role and she told me it was a slave. she didnt know then but we were about to not be friends anymore.

a few years later in college my english lit professor asked to speak to me after class.  she said she really liked my voice and wanted me to do audio for a play she was writing.  i asked her what was the role....you already know where this is goingLOL  honestly i shouldve taken the part cuz she lowered my grade by an entire point but i didnt fight it.
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:50am
It's too early for me to be this bothered...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 7:58am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

i guess that depends on what youre used to seeing.  in my area i would just assume she was hispanic because most of the black people around here are.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:04am
I used to get "you're not like them" all the time.

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 8:56am
Sorry, I just realized bhm censored the link. It said the word n-i-go in the link. But it had no racial meaning it was n-i-g-a-t-u.

Just google buzzfeed and the racial microagressions like someone said here . I would just post them all, but I'm using my phone to type.

Sorry

Thanks modeless

Edited by indiecat - Dec 11 2013 at 9:00am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I feel some type of way about the girl who said "No, you're white".   I understand u feel that your slavic background should be acknowledged but...honestly...in my eyes your still white.  U may be Russian/Greek/Italian/Irish...but...*shrugs*  you're still white.

no shade, but shade.

Are you sure she's white, though? The article says this study was focused on people of color. I assumed she was a really light mixed person.

If she's black and white mixed....then i'll take it back...sorta.

I feel like in articles like this Greek/Italian etc want to say that they're not white in an effort to no be left out.  IMO.  But hey... if i'm wrong then my bad.

I have other words but that's too much work right now.

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 2:01pm

Black latinos do exist, and if this was done at Fordham in NYC, she could very well be Puerto Rican, Dominican or Cuban.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 3:45pm
one of these happened to a friend of mine. he's filipino american. someone white actually asked him where he was from. when he replied america, they we like-- no. for real, what island are you from?

to which he replied: Confused i'm from nj. the closest island to where i grew up is manhattan. Stern Smile

i really didn't have words when he told me that story. Ermm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System