Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2016 Fitness Thread "Get it right / Keep it tight"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2016 Fitness Thread "Get it right / Keep it tight"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2016 at 3:31pm
Y'all keeping up?

I packed a jump rope and resistance bands to work out while traveling. Since I won't have access to a gym I have resigned myself to the fact I may lose a little muscle over the next couple weeks. I have been working hard to sculpt these legs and I don't wanna get skinty, so I know I need to keep up with my protein. And stay the hell away from the sweets.

But Y'ALL. I'm with my Trini fam and I have already had my way with some cassava pone and black cake and my auntie hasn't even finished the actual baking for Christmas Day. She's making pound cake now Cry

Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2017 at 2:47pm
are we bothering with a 2017 thread?

even the body types crew is congregating on a kik group account

anyways, i injured myself early last month, i am still not back to lifting the weights i did, just to be safe, but it feels good to be back!

my goal is to keep going to the gym, eating well, try some outdoor exercise activity such as outdoor stairs or trails, and i am going to get back to corsetting, but only a few hours a day.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2017 at 7:44pm
I was wondering about starting a 2017 thread? Sounds like you are on the mend S&F. Are you using an actual corset with boning for corsetting? Do you see good results with it? I have started doing some dance workouts with my daughter. I have a trial of Beach Body on Demand and dusting off the Taebo dvds. This year I need to drop lbs for good, getting in shape for Cosplay. 
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2017 at 3:39pm
I mean, I don't know if a 2017 thread is necessarily NEEDED but sometimes a fresh thread is nice, lol. I do like the idea of some other sort of means of staying connecting and holding each other accountable.

I have started trying to deadlift and, it feels a lot more awkward than the videos make it seem. I wonder if its because I have long legs, or if I am just weak in that movement, lol.

I have been doing ok with my workouts. Yesterday I did 20 mins of intervals on the stair climber then did some ab exercises.  I am still tweaking my nutrition and exercise routine. I want to keep muscle but lean out and so far it seems as though I can only manage one or the other. 

I am currently doing moderate carb, high protein on the days I workout and moderate/lowish carbs on the days I am not. Small-ish meals with lots of snacks. 

Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2017 at 12:12pm
Do y'all want to convene in another medium for accountability/advice n such?

Some random fitness thoughts: 

- I feel like my leg day had a breakthrough. As a burnout I did the leg press but randomly decided to go fast up and slow down. It burrrrneeed! WHEW. Feeling it today. I haven't felt sore in a while so I knew I was maintaining but not challenging my muscles. Gotta remember that tempo can really switch it up without changing the weight.

- Also, I was trying to track macros but the formula I had wanted me to eat SO MUCH PROTEIN, upwards of 160g depending on how I input my variables and I literally could never hit the goal. Honestly it was miserable trying to. Highest I got was 124 and it made me hate food. It was a fun experiment but if I hit 100g I feel accomplished.

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2017 at 1:42am
I need to increase my protein intake. I use EAS, but not lately.
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2017 at 11:22pm
After all the junk food in my house is gone I'll go back on my diet...
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

- Also, I was trying to track macros but the formula I had wanted me to eat SO MUCH PROTEIN, upwards of 160g depending on how I input my variables and I literally could never hit the goal. Honestly it was miserable trying to. Highest I got was 124 and it made me hate food. It was a fun experiment but if I hit 100g I feel accomplished.

I've been tweaking my nutrition some to see if I can keep up with the protein, because if I don't I get skinny fat. I've been able to nudge my daily amount up a little.

So far what has been working is something along the following

Am protein shake
Breakfast: overnight oats with protein added
Snack: Greek yogurt (add ground flax seed, chia seeds, etc whatever. They have a little extra protein too)
Lunch: Something balanced with a protein source
Snack: protein bar
Dinner: something balanced with a protein source
Snack: Something with protein (I like the Trader Joe's pea crisps. Or, another protein bar)
After workout/evening: protein shake

This works if you get a protein bar that has a decent carb to protein ratio. I have one that is 10 g protein per bar and another that is 20.

Even with all of this I am just barely able to hit 120g protein a day. Being pescetarian there's really only so much protein you can eat from fish and eggs before it gets gross.

I know, looking at it, it's not ideal since so little of the protein is "clean"/unprocessed. I may start to loop in some lean ground turkey or chicken or something.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2017 at 4:56pm
I just found the best playlist on Tidal. I'm so excited to ride my bike..
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2017 at 5:58pm
Rode again today...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152>
  Share Topic