Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 65>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 5:29am
I've decided to just do buns for the rest of the Summer.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 6:18pm
Lady, I'm glad you are doing what YOU want to and for YOUR hair. I hope ya hair responds well to ya gentle tlc'i ng.

Cleo is currently basking in an intense dc. I think it's been about two or more weeks since my last one. The last time I attempted at a dc and detangle was a few weeks ago. I had been wearing Cleo in heavy puff rotation and knew she lived in tangle city. So, I did a half assed detangle/dc session and puffed her back up. Throughout the half assed-ness, I still watered and moisturized and repuffed. She was so soft and the look and feel of it reminded me of my childhood hair. But, I most definitely know I needed to do a thorough detangle.

Like I said, Cleo was heckuva soft! My detangle session was effortless! I dc'ed on dry hair and I did a combo moisture/protein dc: moisture dc thought the sections and protein dc on midshaft to the ends of Cleo. Detangled with my fingers and f/u'ed with my wide toothed comb. Twisted each section into a bun and shower capped. Hopefully, I'll have soft yet strong hair. This week is looking like a plait out week.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 3:00pm
So far, shea butter has been really good for my ends.
I applied some on all my hair 2 days ago, and my hair looked a bit greasy, but when I woke up in the morning, it looked nice, as if the grease look was gone. I haven't washed my hair since, and my hair still does look greasy so now I know: less shea is better.

eta: I was wrong, my hair does look greasy, it looked greasy even in my reflection on cars! I need to  apply a tiny tiny quantity in order to moisturize my hair without the grease look

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jul 21 2014 at 8:45pm
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 4:30am
okay so I have this wig sewed down for this wedding I'm in today. OMG! My scalp is so freaking itchy! Ive been working out, but because it's a wig I made with some Brazilian hair and a closure I can't get to my scalp. I'm gonna keep this unit on until Tuesday. Co-wash, do a protein treatment and just wear a regular wig because I'm getting my dread extentions on Thursday! Whoop whoop! 
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 12:56pm
Hey Ladies! Currently, baggying Ms. Cleo in her Princess Leah buns. Last week, I had my stretch on! I had rocked my Princess Leah buns for two days. Then, took them down bc they were fully dried and brushed them out with my paddle brush. Gave me great stretch! Rocked a ballerina bun the rest if the week.It almost looks like I gave her a medium blow out and touched her up with a light hot comb. Keeps the tangles and ssk's down. So, I'll most likely do this for the rest of the Summer or keep it going. Really easy, good for Cleo and I luv me some buns!
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:15am
My hair gets greasy with shea butter too even with a little >__< I tried it yesterday and looked a hot mess 

I'm glad to say the longest portion of my hair is now past my bra strap.... but my ends are looking a bit raggedy... to trim or not to trim, that is the question?  Tongue
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 11:20pm
I have been deep conditioning my hair 2x a week every week. I haven't measured my hair, but will compare pics by late September. I hope I can achieve hip length before this halloween.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Aug 22 2014 at 11:20pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 9:17am
Originally posted by slimmacee23 slimmacee23 wrote:

My hair gets greasy with shea butter too even with a little >__< I tried it yesterday and looked a hot mess 

I'm glad to say the longest portion of my hair is now past my bra strap.... but my ends are looking a bit raggedy... to trim or not to trim, that is the question?  Tongue

You can put small spoons of Shea butter to like a cup or two of aloe vera the blender for your more Caucasian type curly hair. You will probably have to even use that very sparingly also to avoid your hair going limp. I use it full strength with oils and aloe but apply it lightly for my in between type hair.
I LIKE keeping my hair oily and tucked away in buns. I'm not going for a big curly look, rather in hibernating preservation/growth mode usually.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 23 2014 at 9:26am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 5:20pm
OMG I am in love with the OGX Keratin Oil Shampoo and the Conditioner! I used yesterday for the first time, and did nothing different besides that. I did leave the conditioner on my hair for 3 minutes before washing it off. I slept with Evolve Wig Cap so my hair wouldn't be messy this morning, and woke up with beautiful hair. I went to the beach, ran, showered instead of swimming at sea, brushed my hair with a paddle brush, lay on the sand for a while, and now I'm back home and my hair looks great, just as it looked yesterday. It feels so soft and smooth, I am so happy!

Silicones are good for my hair. I avoided for over a year because I thought it would be better for my hair, and now I see what I was missing. My ends also don't look as bad as before. HeartHeartHeartHeart
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 7:21pm
I just looked up that conditioner S and F. I want to try it!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 65>
  Share Topic