Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Shardd:) Shardd:) wrote:

my latest protective style 

Wow Shardd, you are a Diva all the way! And Las Mogan really fits you!
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 5:49am
I am totally disappointed with my cotton candy type 3 hair UGH!!!
Yesterday I had to go out to market and I saw a lot of type 4 ladies with their hair nice and straightened, even pretty roller sets! I had round brushed my hair before I left and it looked huge like Farrah Fawcett I mean it was photo shoot ready! Within 10 minutes of me being in the car it had completely reverted! Not even that! It would have been better if it had reverted to my natural 3b curl pattern but it did not even do that! It just turned into a cotton ball of cotton candy!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!

I am going to get some setting lotion today and see if that helps and try a roller set. I HATE THIS!

PS I know how to style hair and I had done an excellent job of it even. My hair with no Japanese straightener just has a mind of its own. Now if I had done this when I had my Japanese Straightener, my hair would have been the bomb all day long and maybe even next day too. Now that it is natural... forget about it! I can style it easily but it will not hold not even for a few minutes!!!!!!!!! It is so fine literally like cotton candy that ANY ambient moisture penetrates it within seconds and I looked like Diana Ross after an electric chair. Not even Diana Ross with a good wig but her after an electric chair !!!!!!
WHITE Women use Japanese straighteners! After all they were invented for them and for Asian women. But since I am biracial I cant use them. I have to be "natural"! I am not allowed to use proper cosmetic products like all other women! I cant stand this I am SICK OF IT!! If I cant even wear a decent hairstyle ever, this ish has to go!

What is the point of having all this long hair if I can not wear any of the hair styles I love that I used to wear? I am not with walking around looking like I have cotton candy on my head at all! I would wear my hair air dried in the natural curl SOMETIME. I like my natural curl. But if I ever try to wear it in any other style it doesnt hold, it does not revert to my curls, it just turns into some alien cotton ish AAAHHHHHH!!!! 
Sorry for my rant, but it does exemplify one thing I dislike about the "natural hair movement"  While I think it is really GOOD to allow women to  feel empowered to try their natural texture,  what I hate about this whole natural thing is the sense that as Black women we are NOT ENTITLED to use the cosmetic enhancements that all other races of women use.   The sense is that we HAVE to wear it natural with no help whatsoever.. No other race forces themselves to such horrible requirements. Why do Blacks feel the need to force ourselves to be tribal and not use modern advancements that are available to us?  (So no, the heat training did NOT stop my hair from fuzzing up. It reacts the same as it did last Summer)

Gels and setting lotions usually do NOTHING to stop my hair from fuzzing up. If it doesnt work today w/ a roller set, I will try the Texture Management thing.. I am at my wit's END !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 13 2014 at 10:03am
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I am totally disappointed with my cotton candy type 3 hair UGH!!!
Yesterday I had to go out to market and I saw a lot of type 4 ladies with their hair nice and straightened, even pretty roller sets! I had round brushed my hair before I left and it looked huge like Farrah Fawcett I mean it was photo shoot ready! Within 10 minutes of me being in the car it had completely reverted! Not even that! It would have been better if it had reverted to my natural 3b curl pattern but it did not even do that! It just turned into a cotton ball of cotton candy!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!

I am going to get some setting lotion today and see if that helps and try a roller set. I HATE THIS!

PS I know how to style hair and I had done an excellent job of it even. My hair with no Japanese straightener just has a mind of its own. Now if I had done this when I had my Japanese Straightener, my hair would have been the bomb all day long and maybe even next day too. Now that it is natural... forget about it! I can style it easily but it will not hold not even for a few minutes!!!!!!!!! It is so fine literally like cotton candy that ANY ambient moisture penetrates it within seconds and I looked like Diana Ross after an electric chair. Not even Diana Ross with a good wig but her after an electric chair !!!!!!
WHITE Women use Japanese straighteners! After all they were invented for them and for Asian women. But since I am biracial I cant use them. I have to be "natural"! I am not allowed to use proper cosmetic products like all other women! I cant stand this I am SICK OF IT!! If I cant even wear a decent hairstyle ever, this ish has to go!

What is the point of having all this long hair if I can not wear any of the hair styles I love that I used to wear? I am not with walking around looking like I have cotton candy on my head at all! I would wear my hair air dried in the natural curl SOMETIME. I like my natural curl. But if I ever try to wear it in any other style it doesnt hold, it does not revert to my curls, it just turns into some alien cotton ish AAAHHHHHH!!!! 
Sorry for my rant, but it does exemplify one thing I dislike about the "natural hair movement"  While I think it is really GOOD to allow women to  feel empowered to try their natural texture,  what I hate about this whole natural thing is the sense that as Black women we are NOT ENTITLED to use the cosmetic enhancements that all other races of women use.   The sense is that we HAVE to wear it natural with no help whatsoever.. No other race forces themselves to such horrible requirements. Why do Blacks feel the need to force ourselves to be tribal and not use modern advancements that are available to us?  (So no, the heat training did NOT stop my hair from fuzzing up. It reacts the same as it did last Summer)

Gels and setting lotions usually do NOTHING to stop my hair from fuzzing up. If it doesnt work today w/ a roller set, I will try the Texture Management thing.. I am at my wit's END !!!!!!!!!!

Wait. What?! (Help me, Lord)

Lemme see if I have this right.  We're forced? Not entitled to cosmetic enhancements? Tribal?  Are you serious right now? 

Soooooo....you're having issues with YOUR hair and that makes it ok to come in here and slam "Blacks" right quick???  (your partial blackness, notwithstanding)

Well, I can only speak for myself and I wouldn't dare throw down any blanket negative generalizations but um....  Nobody makes me do what I do.  I was born natural and have chosen to return to my natural state, not as a "horrible requirement"; not as a "tribal" association; not even as a way to feel "empowered".  I choose to do so because I'm fly like that.  I choose to do so because, in my opinion, there are health implications.  I choose to do so because I LOVE and accept ALL of me.  But, make no mistake about it.  I was fly relaxed and my sense of empowerment is rooted in my own self-esteem, not in how I wear my hair or what it's doing from one day to the other.

I'm not interested in getting into a long, defense of what I perceived as a tasteless attack packaged as a "rant" over what YOU are feeling.  But, I'd like to make it clear that I think it would be ok if you excuse yourself from the "natural movement".  We'll be ok.

The beauty is, we all have choices and you are free to choose to grow long, healthy relaxed hair, Japanese-straightened hair, green hair or whatever.  Just make a decision that you can live with and do that.  But you really need to check yourself.  I don't even know if you realize how offensive your comments were and you probably didn't intend for it to come off that way-- at least, I'm giving you the benefit of doubt.  But consider that the "sense" that you feel is your OWN understanding and may not be reality.   It's certainly not mine.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your hair. I was all ready to support you during your frustrations until you turned on us.  Yeah.  I'm gonna let you work that out for yourself. In the meantime, as a so-called "Black" who does not "feel the need to force myself to be tribal" (Jesus!! Help me, Lord) I'm gonna get back to learning and loving my natural hair and every crazy antic that it chooses to demonstrate.  And I'm gonna continue to be suspicious of those new fangled "modern advancements" and choose what is best for me overall and not just try to tame my hair by any means necessary.

That said, bye, Felicia.

*sets out the teapot for anyone who needs some*
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:36pm
Thanks for your thoughts Njoy.  I am working really hard at getting this to work for me without using chemicals because I am now afraid of losing any length.  I did feel forced to stop straightening sort of bc of so many people saying things about my choice and now I have to deal with my choice. I want to make it work but it is not at all easy for me.  My point was not to offend anyone but I did DEFINITELY feel forced to make this hair choice by others. It was not something I decided to do myself. That's where my thoughts came from about giving up my right to use the cosmetic tools like straighteners that all other women on the planet are entitled  to use. People felt I was NOT entitled to straighten my hair and had so much to say about my hair . I do resent that to a large degree especially now that it is very hard to deal with for me. In the end it was my fault for listening to people who were ARGUING with me about my hair with great anger and conviction. 

So let me rephrase this and not speak for anyone else other than myself. I feel like I am giving up a lot in this "natural" experiment that I've been on for a year and 1/2. I will give it every possible effort and I really do not want to straighten my hair now. I just want to be able to keep it from reverting when I style it. What I feel a lot of resentment and anger about is people who were arguing with me about 1 1/2 years ago about relaxing hair. I should feel more angry at myself that I caved in to them because it was my hair and no one had a right to yell, holler or argue with me about my hair and tell me what I had to do with my hair.  Now that Ive done it now, I will see it thru and not give up. I will try everything I can to find a solution to make this work for me now that I am into it.
PS I meant no offense to you or anyone else. I am pissed at myself and my hair.... I am also pissed that others took it upon themselves to yell at me and tell me what I had to do with my hair  1 1/2 years ago. But again, I need to be more angry with myself for listening to them ultimately. I should have done this bc I wanted to not bc I felt people were forcing me to.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 13 2014 at 7:44pm
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts Njoy.  I am working really hard at getting this to work for me without using chemicals because I am now afraid of losing any length.  I did feel forced to stop straightening sort of bc of so many people saying things about my choice and now I have to deal with my choice. I want to make it work but it is not at all easy for me.  My point was not to offend anyone but I did DEFINITELY feel forced to make this hair choice by others. It was not something I decided to do myself. That's where my thoughts came from about giving up my right to use the cosmetic tools like straighteners that all other women on the planet are entitled  to use. People felt I was NOT entitled to straighten my hair and had so much to say about my hair . I do resent that to a large degree especially now that it is very hard to deal with for me. In the end it was my fault for listening to people who were ARGUING with me about my hair with great anger and conviction. 

So let me rephrase this and not speak for anyone else other than myself. I feel like I am giving up a lot in this "natural" experiment that I've been on for a year and 1/2. I will give it every possible effort and I really do not want to straighten my hair now. I just want to be able to keep it from reverting when I style it. What I feel a lot of resentment and anger about is people who were arguing with me about 1 1/2 years ago about relaxing hair. I should feel more angry at myself that I caved in to them because it was my hair and no one had a right to yell, holler or argue with me about my hair and tell me what I had to do with my hair.  Now that Ive done it now, I will see it thru and not give up. I will try everything I can to find a solution to make this work for me now that I am into it.
PS I meant no offense to you or anyone else. I am pissed at myself and my hair.... I am also pissed that others took it upon themselves to yell at me and tell me what I had to do with my hair  1 1/2 years ago. But again, I need to be more angry with myself for listening to them ultimately. I should have done this bc I wanted to not bc I felt people were forcing me to.

Hug  I hear your frustration, Sis.  I really felt frustrated too when I was trying to get my hair to behave. I mean, I wanted it to play nice, like my relaxed hair. Or at least, relaxed-ish.  But when I finally decided to let my hair have its full natural expression and then learn to work WITH that, life became easier.  Natural hair won't always act like nice, tame hair. And you may not be able to do those nice, tame hairstyles -- or maybe not under all conditions.  But, if you let it do what it wants and magnify the beauty in that, you may find a new look that truly fits you and makes you feel your most beautiful. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy. But if you work with it instead of against it, I think you'll find that empowerment that you're talking about.  And it's gonna be FABULOUS!!!

(((BIG OL' HUG...moving all the hair out of the way first, that is Big smile)))

Oh, and thank you for being gracious and rephrasing. :)

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:24pm
@NjoyHug 
Group hug 
HugHug
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 10:17pm
I am trying something new to make my hair grow. I took before pictures and will be posting them to compare with the new pics - whenever I take them.
Also, I am trying out all the products I have at home to see if any tames my ends before I trim them. I need to give a try to all of them before I go buy something new or just cut them off.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 12:43pm
Hey im just gonna jump in and add my two cents to ladyA and njoy
I applaud you ladies for being so graceful with your difference in opinion because some people can take things to far it's good to be able to express yourself without feeling like your being attacked and thrown out of a chat that's how grown women should handle things. I feel proud and I wasn't even a part of the group discussion. May I join in on the group hug
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

Hey im just gonna jump in and add my two cents to ladyA and njoy
I applaud you ladies for being so graceful with your difference in opinion because some people can take things to far it's good to be able to express yourself without feeling like your being attacked and thrown out of a chat that's how grown women should handle things. I feel proud and I wasn't even a part of the group discussion. May I join in on the group hug

LOL  C'mon and get some huggin', Sis.   There's plenty to go around. Hug
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 7:39pm
Hey ladies! I took my twist down today. I kept them in for a full 3 months!!!! I did a dry finger detangle session with just oil. Then added ors restorative pac and detangled with a comb. I have my hair in like 8 braids still dirty as heck. Imma let this oil and DC really soak in for the next two days. Ghe each night. Wash, DC, and then braid my base for a sew in I'm doing on Sunday.

When I braided my hair up, it was at 11 inches. Took the twist down it was at 13.5 and I trimmed back to 13 because I still saw a couple of split. Idk how they got there but I got them gone fast! I want to be at 15 by the end of the year. I think I can make it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 63>