Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 62>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 8:19pm
S&F : yup ur almost there!! In my experience with castor oil, it thickened my hair when used consistently. I used on my edges for awhile back in the early days but fell off. If your looking for thicker hair- it does that fairly well.

NJoy: Thanks for the good vibes! There finishing up 2nd rounds this Friday, so I hope to hear back soon!

I guess I'm trying to get my Spring/Summer regi and go to styles together. It's been unseasonably warm here. It was 90 something today. I threw my plaitout up into a puff for my doc appt. bc it was too humid for hair on my neck. But, I have been Cowashing more and plaiting my hair more. The plaits have really helped with keeping tangles down. I'm still focusing on my ends too. I think I may incorporate baggying again this Spring/ Summer too. Served me well last yr, hopefully it will this yr.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Jun 17 2014 at 8:21pm
Sponsored Links

SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 8:59pm
oh lord this weather has been a beast thus far! That's why these twist have been such a savior for me.... I can only imagine the mess of tangles my hair with be with my daily runs and loose hair, smh... It's been in the 90's all week here Cry
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

S&F : yup ur almost there!! In my experience with castor oil, it thickened my hair when used consistently. I used on my edges for awhile back in the early days but fell off. If your looking for thicker hair- it does that fairly well.

did you apply only on your scalp? did you mix it with conditioner or deep conditioner?
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 9:26pm
I really want to get my hair braided down or up.  Wish I knew someone who could do it for me.  I can' braid others' hair but not my own. 

I can probably do individual braids with hair added but ain'tnobodygottimeforallthat.

I'm in lazy rut. I want to be able to get up and go.  *le sigh*  Or maybe I'm just feeling lazy right now.  Who knows.  Ah well.  Time for me to prep my hair for a midweek cowash tomorrow.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 8:49am
I did Senegalese twists on myself w/ kanekalon hair Njoy. It took about 2 days but I wore them 1 month.

Maybe you can do a few jumbo braids like that above. That should go pretty fast.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 19 2014 at 9:00am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 5:47pm
S&F, I used it directly on my edges. No mixing. It was specifically for my edges bc I have naturally thin edges, but helluva thick hair. So, yeah I didn't want overall thickness . But, like I said, consistency is key! HTH!

Guess since I looked in, I should M&S and plait up Cleo. Thanks, Ladies!? I think. Lol! So wannabe lazy.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 12:51am
My hair is in a bun of twists and a twisted bang today. Today was a good day. LOL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 5:48pm
I plaited up Cleo earlier today in about 16 medium sized plaits. I did errands with the Hubby ala 50's/60's scarf and Jackie O glasses. I felt very mysterious as most of my outfit was black - LOL!
I just took the band off and most are dry. Some need a lil more time to dry. So, I'll clean up the kitchen and finish up laundry while they dry.
Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday evening and a good week!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:29am
So, I tried Cantu Shea butter coconut curling cream, after someone asked me about it and I watched a few rave video on youtube.  They made is sound like it was all-natural but, when I looked at the ingredients list, it does have petroleum in it and that's a red flag for me. But still, I decided to give it a try.

Since I was wearing my hair in a bun, I could try it and if I don't like it, detox it out of my hair.  When I used it, I liked what it did to my hair right away. I really did define my curl pattern and make my hair soft enough to detangle while styling. It kept my hair pretty moist throughout the day so, that's a plus.  But, I'll need to see what my hair is like when I wake up tomorrow and then, still give it a few days to decide if I like it or not. Again, that petroleum thing is bothering me in the back of my mind but, we'll see.

Have any of you tried it? And if so, what did you think?  I'm ghe'g overnight with my growth oil on my scalp so, it will be interesting to see how the length of my hair does. Will the petroleum lock out the moisture or what.  I'll keep you posted.

(don't know why I'm trying new products when I'm happy with my current routine but this made my hair do some wonderful things)
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:12am
The only shea butter I ever used is the one I made myself in the blender with oils. I bought a chunk of pure shea butter off of ebay and store it in the vegetable bin.

Mine is like one of the big beige blocks above though they  sell small tupperware containers of it like for margerine also like the ones above. It is hard like hard cheese.The big 5 pound block I bought should last a few life times and one of the small containers should last about a year too once whipped up with oils. I slice small amounts off at a time and put them in the blender. I add to that some amounts of coconut oil and or olive oil, even essential oils and start the blender. It gets softer, lighter and fluffier as you blend it with oils.  You can even add a bit of aloe vera juice to it to thin it more and incorporate moisture.  Naptural85 has a video on how to do it yourself.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 23 2014 at 5:34am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 62>