Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 65>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:07am
Great Growth in here, Ladies!!

NJoy: Looks like u picked up some 'good good'! Lol! Cleo turned out really pretty! I did take a pic which I may upload later.

Just checkin in: I have a 2nd interview for a job I really believe I will be getting on tomorrow. So, I'm going to plait Ms. Cleo up for a plaitout while doing chores. I like to go in to all my interviews with my Natural so they can see what I'm working with. I'll do smaller plaits for a more 'contained' look. I most likely will release and style today to ensure that I'm not late or have to go to my old faithful puff or bun.
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Sexy&Famous, if my hair was that long, I would be declaring waist length right about now.
You have on a tenting top so you can not see where the hourglass of the waist is at its narrowest. But I think you are pretty close to that point right at WL and going on hip length from here on out!
I don't know what others think, but for me you're wl now.

thank you Aradia! let me check with clothes offEmbarrassed

eta: just took some pics! ok, depending from which angle, my hair is already waist length.
Regardless, I am not sweating it, I am going to focus now in achieving hip length before HalloweenStar

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jun 08 2014 at 2:39pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

And I saw that Vatika had a "Black Seed" hair mask. Well, I remember Dr. Oz talking about black seed to prevent split ends.  Also, black seed is supposed to be the "seed of blessing" so...  I grabbed it. It's claims to be deeply nourishing so, sounds like a good treatment for my ends.

I also picked up their Garlic hair mask treatment cream.  Garlic is good for growth (contains sulfur) and works well to fortify the hair.  So, I'm trying to decide which I'll use today.

did you try it? I looked up the ingredients and it seems ok.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by SwaggerSoChic SwaggerSoChic wrote:

my hair always thrives while in ps. I retain just about every cm I grow. So I'm TRYING to ps all the way to Dec. let's see

Every cm is awesome, Sis!  I may have to check into putting my hair in some pretty braids too.  Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Great Growth in here, Ladies!!

NJoy: Looks like u picked up some 'good good'! Lol! Cleo turned out really pretty! I did take a pic which I may upload later.

Just checkin in: I have a 2nd interview for a job I really believe I will be getting on tomorrow. So, I'm going to plait Ms. Cleo up for a plaitout while doing chores. I like to go in to all my interviews with my Natural so they can see what I'm working with. I'll do smaller plaits for a more 'contained' look. I most likely will release and style today to ensure that I'm not late or have to go to my old faithful puff or bun.

Wishing you the best with the job interview.  A 2nd interview is almost a done deal, in my book.  Yay!

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

And I saw that Vatika had a "Black Seed" hair mask. Well, I remember Dr. Oz talking about black seed to prevent split ends.  Also, black seed is supposed to be the "seed of blessing" so...  I grabbed it. It's claims to be deeply nourishing so, sounds like a good treatment for my ends.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/88b20b24-5b6c-43de-994c-ee8aeef55a7c_zps55c6df8f.jpg

I also picked up their Garlic hair mask treatment cream.  Garlic is good for growth (contains sulfur) and works well to fortify the hair.  So, I'm trying to decide which I'll use today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/fcd863b9-c38a-4130-a990-a25ac9e0eec6_zpsade0d1e4.jpg

did you try it? I looked up the ingredients and it seems ok.

Yes, I tried both.  The garlic treatment did make my hair feel stronger.  Since it was acting like a protein treatment (fortifying), I decided to use the Black Seed treatment, since the claim was that it is deeply nourishing.  I don't know why the dark color surprised me, but it did.  I hoped that meant that it would be something special.  It was just "ok".  I feel like I can make something better with Black Seed.  This just wasn't as moisturizing as I hoped.  I did like the look, smell and feel of the product but the results were just ok. So, maybe an 8 out of 10.

Your hair is touching waistlength, btw.  Looks fabulous!

SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:18pm
protective styling had always been a "summer time" thing for me because I use to swim almost everyday in the summer so my mama would always get it in a braided style so I wouldn't "play" in my hair as a child. But now I'm starting to realize how much of a god send it is for me. If I'm wearing my hair loose, I'm styling almost everyday. I live a very busy life as a nursing student, I manage a restaurant and I go running atleast 3 times a week. So these twist have been superrrrrrr helpful and a time saver. Everybody knows naturals plan their social events around their hair lol. Now I don't have to rush to do a braid out etc if someone asks me to go somewhere. I prolly only keep my "sew in", well a u-part wig sewed down, in for 2 weeks and then get my hair braided right up again.

I just sprayed my hair with my mn-sulfur mix and tied it up... Happy growing! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:19pm
yes Hun! You are dusting WL... I would let it grow out some more then clean up the hem line. But that's a head of hair to envy! 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:39am
Thank you ladies! So kind!

@NJoy, I didn't want to quote your pic, but your hair braided out looks awesome, and that necklace for some reason seems to go perfectly with it

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jun 09 2014 at 11:40am
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Thank you ladies! So kind!

@NJoy, I didn't want to quote your pic, but your hair braided out looks awesome, and that necklace for some reason seems to go perfectly with it

Thanks, Sis. I appreciate the compliment. The necklace is actually the straps to my maxi dress. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 10:59pm
found an old bottle of megatek... I put about an ounce into my growth mix...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 6:06pm
lol @straps of the dressLOLStern Smile
they looked like a necklaceEmbarrassed

well, ok, now I am going for hip length hair, and I am still using the mabh oil but that stuff does smell gross, even if I wash my hair, so I once the oil ends (which will be pretty soon), I will take a break and try castor oil, coconut oil and/or something else.

I was thinking of mixing a bit of castor oil with my conditioner, but I don't know if it will help with growth or just make my hair shinier/thicker. Maybe castor oil will work better for growth if I massage it on my scalp.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 65>
  Share Topic