Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 62>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:12am
Checking in. I could've sworn I posted already tho. Ah well.

Been sort of MIA lately. Just really busy getting ready for the upcoming Hair Show in Atlanta this weekend. I have NO earthly idea how I'm going to wear my hair tho. I'm thinking a big ol' braidout but, I really haven't been experimenting with wearing my hair out and don't want to end up looking a H.A.M. I have curlformers but, when will I even have time to do all that? Ah well, push comes to shove, there's always the standby puff with twisted side bang.

So, I've been semi-neglecting my hair lately. Mainly because I've just been too darned busy but also because I'm trying to get a handle on all this natural hair. I mean, I don't even remember my days prior to being permed so this is all new territory to me. And the more hair I have, the trickier it gets. My hair has to be detangled every 2-3 days to keep from straight acting out on me. But, by the time I can get to it in the evenings, I'm dead dog tired. So, I've slowed up on using my hair growth oil a bit while I get a handle on the hair that I have. Uh...slowed up, not stopped. A sista still has goals, ya know.

Speaking of, I'm sure I'll reach my hip length goal this year with trims. Looks like I have about 2-3 inches to go (stretched). I'll definitely want to go longer than that so that I can cut back to my goal length, which is a nice, full hemline at w'hip(between waist and hip)length.

I'll probably get back on my regi after the hair show this weekend, when I have more time (so I say).

Oh, and one more thing about my hair. I have a patch on the right, middle area that is my problem child. The shrinkage in this area is tighter than anywhere else and it causes more tangling than anyother area. It demands attention and when I don't give it the attention it wants, it shows out something stanky. So, a couple nights ago, I had a detangling session that turned into war in that area. I know I'll need to trim my ends after that. I did end up cutting out a few small knots. But, I knew better than let my hair go more than a few days without detangling. Somebody remind me of this when I whine about how I've been too busy for my hair.

Ok, that's all for now, folks. Back to work for me. Just wanted to drop off an update to say that I'm still in.
Sponsored Links

SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 9:16am
got my "Havanna twist" done this weekend... I used kinky twist hair instead of the hair you get offline. I'm planning on keeping this up for 3 months. Yes 3. If anybody know an alternative way to clean my scalp other then washing let me know. I have alot of hair in my head, it's already heavy so I can only imagine how it will be once wet. I only plan on shampooing maybe 2-3 times while they are up.  

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by SwaggerSoChic SwaggerSoChic wrote:

<span style=": rgba255, 255, 255, 0;">got my "Havanna twist" done this weekend... I used kinky twist hair instead of the hair you get offline. I'm planning on keeping this up for 3 months. Yes 3. If anybody know an alternative way to clean my scalp other then washing let me know. I have alot of hair in my head, it's already heavy so I can only imagine how it will be once wet. I only plan on shampooing maybe 2-3 times while they are up.  

ORS Herbal cleanse

JillyBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 10:17am

^^ Thanks for sharing this product!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 9:04pm
Hey Ladies. I washed out my press sometime last week. I'm in a state of 'I don't know what is going on with Cleo'. I was having issues/concerns with her whilst straight. She just seemed short. It's not breakage. But, I dealt with alot of shedding. I haven't really taken the time to assess her hardbody bc I'm just kindaof 'over her'.. I wanna kindaof just hide her away(don't even know what braided style I want ). So, right now, I'm just doing the basics and puffing.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 1:05pm
LuvLuv, I know I'm late, and I tried to go back through the thread to figure this out but, is your hair feeling short because you came out of a protective style that left you feeling shorter, or you felt you should be longer? What IS going on with you and Cleo, Mama?

Welcome, Mizqtpye. I posted earlier without welcoming you to the group.

And hello to everyone else.

Checking back in, now that the show is over. I ended up doing a braidout for the show. I was so exhausted leaveing day 1 that I ended up going to bed without wrapping my hair. So, next day, I sort of fluffed and went. It made for really big hair. I kinda liked it. No need for heat, although I was entertaining the idea of the Texture Management System. Glad I didn't. I have to get used to my hair being natural and that's that.

Here's a pic of my big fri after then show.

Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:40pm
Whoop gorgeous hair!!

I havent took any length pictures in such a long time...I am actually going to take my weave out end of the month and blow it out with a length check. It would be nearly 2 years since Ive put any heat on my hair! Will ppst pics
mizqtpye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizqtpye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 5:39pm
Thanks for the welcome NJoy.  Your hair is lovely.

Just checking in.  I've been in my install for about five weeks.  Every 3 days, I moisturize/spray my scalp with a mixture of water, Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner, and Infusium 23.  I oil my scalp with my oil mixture every 2-3 days.  I wash my scalp every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.  I'm happy with my growth so far.  I have about 3/4 (.75) inches of new growth Smile.

I'm gonna try to keep it up for another 4-6 weeks.  Happy hair growing everyone.
cheche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 3:49pm
Here is my update.. Still hoping I can make waist length by December this year *fingers crossed*

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 9:31am
Beautiful hair Cheche! KUTGW!

So my latest dilemma is what to do with my hair for my daughter's graduation this weekend?  Should I have it straightened and wear it long or should I do something like a braidout or twistout?  And if I did, what styling products would you recommend.

I love big hair but, something like that is more appropriate for the party afterwards. I'd hate to sit in front of someone with big hair during the ceremony. LOL.

Or, I can do a nice updo.  I'm running out of time and can't decide.  What to do? What to do?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 62>
  Share Topic