Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 64>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:28am
Couldn't leave w/o saying that Minnie got some big pretty hair!! Luv it!
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 11:21am
I did not started the MABH oil daily "challenge" last week, but I started yesterday. I finished my old bottle and tonight I start the latest purchased bottle. That stuff will probably last only a month, but I don't care, I just want to see some serious hair growth.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 10:14pm
I opened the newest bottle yesterday and some of the oil fell on the floor. I was so madAngry
I put it on my scalp again and washed it off this morning. I have been using this evolve wig cap when I lay down, but during the night I take it off because eventually it bothers me, but when I wake up my hair looks great, so I think I will continue using itSmile
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:58am
I am really trying this time. I applied the MABH oil yesterday as well. I haven't done anything else on my hair besides it, but this week I will do deep conditioning.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 3:42pm
Thanks ladies. I appreciate the love and encouragement. I struggle bad with my texture so I feel the love
Here is the pic as promise. I took countless photos but couldnt get a good picture. This is the best one I got. The belt is WL on me. My goal is to be tailbone by DEC 2014. I didnt meet my goal for WL by April. Judging by the photos I am off an inch. *Sigh* Getting another install today. HHJ everyone. I hope you are reaching your goals

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 3:21pm
So my edges were thinning and they look better now, less noticeable, but they are visible to me. I am going to be watching for changes there since I am on this 30-day challenge with the MABH oil this month. I actually started last month, but two days out of the month barely countLOL

The downside of applying the mabh oil daily is that it gives my hair a greasy aspect., but I do not have a shampoo anymore, and instead I am washing my hair off with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar. I am going to use this shampoo bar that I dislike due to the smell to wash my hair and scalp today.
mizqtpye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizqtpye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:31pm
Thanks all for the warm welcome!  And thanks for the compliment Luv. I don't think my ends are breaking or splitting, but they are thinner than the rest of my hair (which may have to do with the fact that they are from my permed days and I don't know how to let them go...lol). I don't wear my hair straight that often, I usually have two big french braids. The stylist who did my install flat out refused to cut my hair as drastically as I asked her to, lol. She said she'd "trim" it each time I took my install down until I was satisfied.  I think I'll go that route as I would like to have a blunt hemline as you said. I don't do protein treatments and honestly I have to go back to the beginners section to educate myself on protein treatments. Thanks so much for your input Luv, it's very much appreciated! Off to do some research RE protein. Have a blessed day ladies!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 5:25pm
I have bad news unfortunately ladies. Since I stopped using  miconizole nitrate, my hair has returned to its natural growth rate of 1/4 inch per month.
I can clearly SEE this at my roots because I color my hair.
This  is even though I am taking Maxi Hair  pills AND using Shapley's MTG. 
SO,  I've discovered that the  ONLY reason I grew 5 inches in 4 months last year was because of mn.
I will head to Rite Aid to get a few boxes  of generic 4% Rite Aid brand ASAP because I need to  be wiast length this year
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:42pm
can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as sodium lauryl sulfate from coconut?
i saw this brazilian shampoo that has that as its first ingredient listed.

I don't use sulfates on my hair.

here is the list of ingredients:
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate from Coconut, Cocamide DEA from Coconut, Amor Crescido Plant Extract, Deionized Water, Sodium Chloride, Sea Kelp Extract and Essential Oil, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Color Green.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:09pm
Apparently, SLS is made  from coconuts."Although SLS originates from coconuts, the chemical is anything but natural."

I have always thought that just because something comes from nature, it  does not make it good. For example, cyanide is natural.
http://abouquetfrommendel.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/why-natural-isnt-always-better-almond-extract-and-cyanide/

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 03 2014 at 5:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair