Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 62>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:57pm
I want to try to use the mabh oil for a month nonstop to see any growth. My sister is currently in Brrazil and I asked her to get me monovin. If she can get me one, I will use it 3x a week plus mabh daily.
I need to really stick to a routine though. I read all the posts of the ladies really trying and I am only falling back and doing nothing.
Sponsored Links

mizqtpye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizqtpye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 1:37am
You guys are awesome!  You just gotta let me in PRETTY PLEASE.  I really need to fellowship with people (1) who have the same goals, (2) who I can learn from and vice versa, and (3) who I can be accountable to.  I go to weekly weight watchers meetings to fellowship for these very reasons and it’s working for me.  I’ll have to settle for this forum since there are no "hair growers anonymous” meetings I can go to. Do those exist btw?  I’ll have to do some research cause I’d be interested in going.  It could be monthly rather than weekly meet up…Wow, as you guys can see I have a very short attention span…lol.  Back to the point of this post, I’d love to share in your journey, if you’ll have me of course. 

I took these pictures tonight, which will be my starting point. 

A little about my hair problem: I don’t think I have a problem growing, I think I am having a problem retaining my ends.  While I have an okay head of hair, the ends are really straggly IMO.  You can see this in the picture when my hair is wet and in the picture where my hair is blow-dried.  I don’t know what to do about it other than to cut an inch or two off and try again at better retention.  While that is the plan, I have to talk myself up to it.  I mentioned to my SO that I wanted to cut the straggly ends off completely, and he asked me “why, so you can come to me crying about it later.”  That may be an exaggeration, but not that much of one.  I won’t cry, but I’ll definitely be hurt (if that makes sense).

What I want (and I hope you guys can inspire and encourage me):

(1) Thicker hair; (2) Full tailbone length hair (not just the tip of one of my straggly pieces of hair…lol); (3) Less shedding; and (4) Stronger hair. 

I don’t totally have my regime together, but I am gonna start with this:

1. Tomorrow I’m going to get a weave installed.  Since I usually get very small braids under the weave and wear a net, I can go three months (give or take a couple of weeks) with it installed.  I think this will help tremendously with the retention.  It’ll also help because I can finally exercise without having to figure out what to do with my hair.  As it’s looking right now (because it helped me so much in that past), I’ll get three more installations in order to take me to the end of the year.  
  2. In order to take care of my hair under the weave, I have my pointed spout bottle of oil mixture (JBCO, Jojoba, Almond, EVOO, Emu oil, polysorbate 80, couple of drops of peppermint extract).  I will oil scalp every two – three days, and wash my hair and scalp (under the weave), what do you guys think, every one or two weeks?  I'm fuzzy here, I'll have to go to the weave section to get more pointers on taking care of your hair under the weave. 
  3. Vitamins: TJ’s Total Crusade Mutli-Vitamin, TJ’s Biotin, TJ’s MSM, TJ’s EFA, Garlic and something new I’m trying is Hubner Original Silica Gel. 
  4. Food, Water & Exercise: Continue to follow my weight watchers 'simple start' plan because it’s mostly clean eating; drink lots and lots of water; and exercise 4-5 times a week (I generally run 5 miles or do TurboFire which both take an hour).

Let me know what you guys think?  Am I totally bugging out over the ends of my hair, or am I on point? Should I give in and cut off the ends of my hair before installing my weave or should I wait until I remove the weave and cut the straggles little by little over the year as my hair grows?  IDK decisions decisions.

Thanks Ladies for any advice and remarks. 

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 2:09am
Welcome!
I like the Emu oil, polysorbate 80 part Clap
good luck
hhg
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:15pm
My MABH oil just arrived! Super fast shipping this time. I am starting on it tonight.
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 8:17pm
Thanks @Tatee. I have low porosity hair too. I may give that a try.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:54am
Okay so I had to break the goal to wait to 7 months. My hair stylist is coming and I am scheduled the 1st. I promised photos..So Im bout to flood yall with a couple before my install.

MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:56am
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:59am
Give me a little. I will be back with the length photos
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:33am
you Go Minnie me !! Looking good!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:27am
Hi, Mizqtype! I Luv ya hair! Welcome!
I think the state of ya ends depends on several factors. Are they breaking? Are they split? If they are healthy, IMO, you shouldn't cut them. Ends are going to have wear and tear as the oldest part of the hair. Do you wear ya hair straight often? While straight, do you desire a blunt hemline? If ya answered yes - trim(easier said then done though,huh ?). How often do u use protein? Is it light, medium or hardcore? Ya curly ends look like they may benefit from some protein.

It's been rainy and wet around here. Hey, I'll take it over snow(had my fill). So, the moisture in the air has gotten to the straight Cleo, specifically the inside(which currently feels like a sheep's behind). But, she hasn't poofed, so she still looks presentable. But, don't put your fingers in the scalp area- sheep's behind! Lol!
So, she's getting touched up later today. Imma use this Chi Thermal stuff. Will report back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 62>
  Share Topic