Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 64>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:13pm
@slimmacee, beautiful hair!
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:48pm
I have been neglecting my hair lately, so yesterday night I mixed my hair masque with some unflavored gelatin and MABH oil.
I applied on my hair all the way to the ends, wrapped my hair on my head with sarah wrap, so my hair would be shut tightly and went to sleep. Seven hours later, I removed the wrap, washed my hair, and now my hair feels so soft, and it looks shiny and even my dark hair color is popping.

I have been looking for new hair products and then I found foreign blogs of girls who use some hair products that sell or can be shipped to the US, and their hair look great, even though many of those products have silicones.
The last product that I used that had cones was the Organix shampoo and conditioner from the Moroccan Oil line, and my hair was fine with it. I love the products I have been using (no cones or sulfates) but after seeing the pics of other girl's hairs, I think that maybe cones are not that damaging if used sporadically. Something I gotta consider.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 8:52pm
mini update: the shine and the color are gone but my hair is still soft.
scorpion1585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:36am
thnx for da update
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:38am
I use Mabh along w/ Mtg, Khadi oil, onion, garlic red pepper oil, & miconizole nitrate all alternating. I probably won't buy the Mabh again. I can't tell my results bc I am in Senagalese twists now.
How are your results?

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 16 2014 at 8:52pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 6:31pm
Aradia, are you still using the MABH oil? what are your results?
I kinda forgot about applying it, but I just got another bottle, and since it will take 15 days to get here, I will finish the one I have by the time it arrives.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:52pm
I use Mabh along w/ Mtg, Khadi oil, onion, garlic red pepper oil, & miconizole nitrate all alternating. I probably won't buy the Mabh again. I can't tell my results bc I am in Senagalese twists now.
How are your results?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:51pm
Like I wrote, I haven't been using much of mabh oil, but my hair grew a bit, because it is now brushing on my elbows when I walk/run.
I purchased more because I don't want to quit after not even trying it properly. I mixed it today with some castor oil and this hair masque sample I received made of amla, lavender and other goodies. My hair looks healthy, hydrated and shiny. I will wash it off tomorrow morning.

I am taking my multivitamin daily to help with growth. And I will oil my hair another 2 more times this week. I was considering buying a new hair masque, but none of the ones I bookmarked seem appealing now, so I guess I will continue using the one I have and when it is close to end I will search for something new.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:06am
GM, Ladies! Well, I straightened Cleo last Wed. In preperation for the man child's outdoor nature reserve overnight trip( never again). Since it was so cold, I rocked her in two Milk Maid plaits with a beret and hood.

My straightening Reggie this time was tweaked bc I couldn't find my dryer. So, I ended up flat ironing only. I had stretched Cleo prior via plaits and just brushed her out. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to do so. The only con was that my ends prefer the blow dryer. I had to use several passes and lots of heat to get them really straight. So, I decided to just oil and cross wrap Cleo instead of the addt'l heat and passes. She eventually flattened more on the ends.

Once we returned from the field trip, I did retouch bc I was a sweating Momma/Chaperone helping kids with sleeping bags and Luggage! So, my girl started reverting some. I'm keeping up with M&S'ing. So was shedding heavily for about two weeks, so I'm using Redken Anti Snap( specifically for my ends) and One n Only Argan Oil's Daily Styling Cream for moisture. I'm really pleased with the Redken's Interlock Protein Network line, specifically whilst straight. It's the perfect amount of protein for Cleo and I can use the products daily if needed without fear of protein overload.

I'm luving BioSilk's Silk Therapy for sealing. It's thick in consistency, but Cleo drinks it up. The increased shedding, specifically my ends, alerted me that I needed to add more protein to the ends. So, I make sure to treat those ends aggressively with a light to med protein every 3 days. I'm also really digging Biolage Exquiste Oil and Redken's All Soft Argan Oil. They both smell amazing and the shine is blinging! I'm basically having a luv affair with oils and serums right now.

Cleo looks healthy and pretty, but she looks 'short' to me. I'm WL ( not full) and she doesn't look it and the weight doesn't always feel right, if that makes sense. She's heavy, but I thought it would feel heavier. Then, my ponytails. I Luv a good ol swanging pony! My pony is not giving me life. It's not hanging right. Thus, the swang factor is effected! I ain't frying my Cleo to a crisp for the swang though! Nope. Imma work on my pony and when I get her to swang, I'll post a pic (even though she'll look short- le sigh ). Happy Monday!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:20pm
good morning everyone. i haven't washed my hair yet because it feels soft and it looks so healthy and hydrated. maybe i will wash it tomorrow; I have learned that my hair prefers to not be washed daily. I am going to oil my hair tonight and then again on Wednesday or Thursday night.

I took a pic to post here but the growth is very small (probably less than an inch, since I have not been oiling my hair often and forgot about it for weeks) but I noticed that my hair looked thicker than the last pic I took. I think it might have been the castor oil I added yesterday. From now on, I will always mix some of that with my hair masque. I want to see if I can get thicker hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style