Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:38pm
Hey Ladies! Checking in here. I am a transitioner, but I stretch my base (installs) so I have less breakage. I have my install up for 5 1/2 months, and I plan to stretch it further until I reach 7. I am still conditioning my hair and I make sure I rinse, rinse all the product away. I cannot wait until April. Hope your all reaching your goals. I will pop in from time until April gets here, and then when I take it down then I will show my progress
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:32pm
Got lazy and pushed my wash day back to today.

Some of the leave ins that I purchased from Sally's during that sale are cone-y and I can feel the difference so, I'm going to be detoxing my hair to remove the build up, deep conditioning my hair, and hopefully, using my curlformers.  I say hopefully because there's a lot that I have to do today before I can even get to my hair and I don't want to sleep in curlformers. (No Lawd).

So, I'm hoping to get them in by 10pm tonight, max. We'll see.

*le sigh*  Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest?  Ouch
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:40am
Good luck Njoy. I can't wait to see! I hope it turns out great.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:50pm
My Trader Joes shampoo is ending. I am considering purchasing Organix Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner. I used to use it last year and my hair was great, even though it has silicone.
While I decide if it is a good idea, I will be washing my hair with acv at least 2x a week. I got this shampoo bar made with henna and other stuff and I feel that even my scalp is clean, but I dislike the smell very much. No conditioners for me.

I oiled my hair yesterday and I will be oiling again tonight. I haven't oiled in quite a while. The girl who sells the MABH oil hasn't replied about purchasing directly from her, so I will probably be buying soon from craftsvilla. Since I did not use 3x a week every week, I haven't noticed any growth, except on my edges. I need to stop being lazy lol
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 12:51am
well I have been reading everything I could find about my cone dilemma and I've decided to stay on them. From  my readings on the LHF I learned that a lot of women experience hair breakage only if they stop using cones. I also learned that women who bleach their hair can get to classic length if they use cones because the hair becomes plasticized or entirely filled with silicone which strengthens their fragile worn out hair. Coconut oils also plasticize the cortex of the hair like silicone, making it stronger to a degree, but not as well as silicones. I certainly have fragile worn out hair so I think I need to benefit from some of that too. The only "problems" that some women mentioned on LHF was that their curl pattern  loosened and the hair looked sleeker or less big when on cones. Those can all be seen as good things depending on how you like to wear your hair. The silicone also adds weight to the hair. I have learned from Teri LaFlesh that WEIGHT is one of the must haves that we actually should REQUIRE from a conditioner for it to be appropriate for her program involving certain hair types. I've always thought as much. When my hair has felt fried and puffed out like shocked with electricity, I've always thought it needed to be weighed down a bit and lubricated like when it is wet. It naturally has too much puff and not enough SWING! LOL So the weight is actually a GOOD thing for my fuzz ball hair type, to keep it defined and healthy looking. Cotton candy hair like mine welcomes weight and according to Teri, should REQUIRE weight from any conditioner. In fact she says, if a product does not weigh the hair down sufficiently, folk with our hair type should PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF and walk away!  (Everyone's needs are different.) The only other problem was IF they used sulfate shampoo to take it off. The bleached subjects who kept the silicone in and did not remove it w/ shampoo did not experience problems from sulfate drying. Since I want to KEEP the weight and the plasticization, their is no need to remove any of my precious coatings with sulfates.  I also learned that there is no scientific evidence of hair drying out from silicones. Those stories are all unsubstantiated rumors on hair forums that are not backed by scientists. If anything the hair dries from the sulfate shampoos.  But I just don't plan to use those at all.

So based on all of this and since I'm already on them, I've decided to use myself as a guinea  pig and go all out silicone for the rest of this challenge. Now granted I am starting with significant breakage on my tips from relaxer transition and I am a naturally thin haired lady. I will never have thick hair.  So maybe I am not  the best test subject, but I'm all I have LOL I do know that lately now that I am using the Kanechom conditioners, I absolutely LOVE the  way the cones are making my hair feel. My hair is damaged from color  and the tips from Japanese perm. That is not going to change. The silicones make it FEEL and perform so much better given its weak and fragile state. I am not going to stop coloring my hair even though I am natural. And my hair is always going to be cotton candy-like with no weight (flyaway) So I will always need the weight and plasticization that silicone offer. I also DO like the sleeker effect and the slight loosening of my curl pattern that it offers. These are all very good things based on what I want for my hair.

Instead of going on to all natural conditioners as I had considered, I will be going full fledge all silicone for the rest of the challenge...Shocked I know this is contrary to what folk are tending to do these days, but I decided to stand up and be an individual instead of following the crowd... come what may, I will stick with my decisionApprove
Wish me luck Big smile

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 04 2014 at 12:39pm
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 9:13am
hey guys! I'm back! Heres some updates..

Hairs growing fine, I've been wigging it out in Las Konad by Vanessa, an amazing wig!!! Awesome quality I've worn it everyday for 2 months and it comes like virgin finenesss now, although I have currently straightened it. I have a video to my Las Konas review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umUZCrXAhv8 

I'm going to get weave now I think and order me some megatek. Going order some malaysian curly from aliexpress its broke times out here, hoping to get those extra inches!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 12:02pm
Shardd, Las Konas is the bomb on you Clap
Shardd:) View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shardd:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Shardd, Las Konas is the bomb on you Clap

Woo thank you very much
scorpion1585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 7:48am
great info
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 4:08pm
I'm thinking I may straighten this weekend. I actually feel the desire to do so. So, I'm currently baggying. I used Redken Extreme Anti-Snap on my ends and mid shaft. I finger combed and then added One 'n Only Argan Oil Styling Cream on the entire length and bunned both sections before baggying. I'll leave this on a few hours and let it airdry in two plaits overnight so it'll be easier to blowdry semi straight hair. I need to get a comb attachment or 2. So, I'll get one later.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 63>