Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:23pm
my straightened hair didnt last two weeks like i intended because i caved and had to shampoo but im pretty certain i say the say thing every time. i prepooed for a few minutes with conditioner/water mix to ease with detangling and twisting. this took about 10 minutes. i really wanted to do an oil rinse this session to strengthen my strands after the press but i also needed to cleanse my scalp and i know that once im in the shower there is no way im going to do both.

i opted to combine the two.  i always use diluted shampoo during  shampooing, this time though i added a lot more oil than normal to my concoction.  i also opted for the cheaper soybean oil instead of my favorite grapeseed oil since its going to be rinsed out. I had excellent results with the mixture.

after rinsing i decided to go for my conditioner/water mixture in my spray bottle once again because i didnt want anything creamy in my hair, which after the fact im not sure my reasoning was actually validLOL  i let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing.  the entire washing session was about 20 minute.  i then twisted my hair in smaller twists then i would normally have done since of the ease in styling. time wise for the twists was a bit brutal at 50 minutes but i wouldve said the same if it were 30Wink.  my hair turned out very moisturized and with lots of shine.  overall it was a pretty good sessionThumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 11:54am
Not much to update since my last post. Everything is looking good. This is probably the longest I went without getting any spit ends after a cut. I really think using my sharp scissors instead of my old dull ones to cut my hair and trim off any left over split ends really helped. So thank u whoever it was that mentioned that to me!
I've started oiling my scalp again. I'm not doing it that often cuz I'm not sure how it could react with my meds.
I'm planning on putting my hair up in a protective style I could leave it in for 2 weeks. In the past corn rows worked best so I'll probably just do that once I pick up some supplies.
Prepooing has become a must now. It's really been helping counter act the drying effects from my meds.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Has anyone tried Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner?

The ingredients don't sound bad:

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Nettle Extract, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Glycoprotein (from oyster shells), Balsam Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

I guess it is a form of protein, which my hair could be benefit.

I used it while I was relaxed and transitioning. Mainly because HairCrush (Chime) indicated in her videos that she uses it and we know she has long, thick, gorgeous natural hair.  I may go back to using it now that I'm natural too. Thanks for reminding me.
scorpion1585 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:19am
guys this thread is great. I want to participate in this if it is possible. I am not a newbie in hair growth but being part of this will help me. I know it is almost march but can i ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:21am
@tate
R u natural? Am sorry to ask but maybe am slow cus i just woke up n haven't take my coffe but u mix what with oil while washing?
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 7:49am
Welcome Scorpion! I look forward to your journey.

I've been dealing with a crushing sinus headache for the past few days and so, not really doing anything to my hair. My hair has pretty much been in a bun with a flat twisted bang since I washed it last weekend.  I did take it down to remoisturize it this morning (because I had a dream that someone was telling me that my hair was dry) but, it still felt pretty moisturized already.  But still. I added my leave in concoction and while my hair was out, I went ahead and massaged my growth oil onto my scalp and redid the do.

I did get my curlformer knockoffs in (the ones reviewed by Naptural85).  I plan to use those after my wash tomorrow.  My hair feels great. I probably could get away with forego'g this wash day but I won't.  It's easy for me to get hair lazy so, I need to stay on schedule, at least with my weekly deep conditioning. Did I say I love how my hair is feeling? I really do think that adding that protein treatment helped. I'd been ignoring protein for the most part but am definitely incorporating it back into my regimen.

I'm getting excited because Spring is on its way. I know it doesn't feel that way to all parts of the country but, it's coming! I'm hoping to be able to use curlformers and buns to get me to my next goal.

I've been slacking on taking my daily vitamins while struggling with this sinus headache but, I'm getting back on track with that and with adding more protein to my diet.

It's Friday, ladies! I hope you're all njoying your day and planning on a great weekend!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:38am
Njoy that is so cool that you have a psychic link with your hair! It talks to you and tells you its needs in your dreams! I actually believe that can happen. And I was just looking at the videos of the curlformers on natural hair last night and thinking if I had a daughter with natural hair, I would do that to her hair every wash day to stretch it. Good luck with those. From the videos it seems like some sort of maybe flax gel and a lot of oil on the set produces the best results on natural hair with those.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpion1585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 1:31am
thats really great. I will definitely start this challenge once i finish exams :(
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 12:42pm
Wow Thanks Jewels! The Redken Extreme Anti Snap just came in the mail and it feels so nourishing to the hair! I will use it a couple times a week. Good news. I divided my top bun into 2 mini mouse top buns because it was getting a little thicker.  Smile
Please like my new Facebook page:

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 01 2014 at 2:11pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 2:32pm
NJoy, hope ur feeling better! You reminded me to DC just now. In a few, I'll get myself together to do so.
Lady, that's great that ur hair is thickening up!

Well, this week was very busy in alot of good ways. My man child is 10! OMGEEE! Double digits! So, we were running around getting his festivities together. I also applied for a different job that I'm faithfully believing will be mine. Through it all, I've been keeping Cleo moisturized and sealed and puffed.

Since I had noticed that she was drier whilst stretched, I figured I needed to Cowash and DC more. So, I'm thinking I'll wash and dc every 2 weeks until the weather really breaks. This should help with the dryness. Plus, I'll have good protein/moisture balance bc I'll be alternating between those type cowashes and DC.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 63>