Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 52>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 8:21pm
yes I did some years ago. Silicones weren't talked abou back then. I will stick w/what's working for me for now. ty
Sponsored Links

Physiqque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Physiqque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 8:26pm
Yea I graduated a few yrs ago. Them silicons act as fillers; especially good for porous hair. Again I ♥ that post...I think u taught ppl stuff they needed to know ( ;
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Jewels it's just that so many ladies are preaching that you can't have healthy hair with cones. My hair has never felt  better and never been longer and cones got me to this place. But since so many women are preaching it I am starting to second guess what I am doing that got my hair this long and healthy. I am just kind of confused by all the contradictory opinions. I don't know what to do. Like I say my hair feels the best it ever has in my life. I would hate to f it up trying to jump on the anti cone bandwagon.

I just get sick of hearing people say that the silicones that strengthened my hair enough to have length retention are poison. I don't know what to do. If I stop the cones and my fragile hair has no strengthening coating and breaks off I will be terribly upset. 

Really? You are letting info and opinions get to you like that? It's ok if others have opinions, right or wrong. Girl, learn to sort thru the wheat and the chaff. Take what works and by-pass the rest. You're saying folks are preachy? No need to build a case to the contrary? Keep a journal and know what works for you and why and stick with it. Even with the "preaching", you don't have to subscribe to every bandwagon. Study (your hair) to show yourself approved. (Preaching. Bible reference. Ok, couldn't help myself. lol)

I think following the opinions and experiences of others is helpful as a starting point. But, it's "my opinion" that you should find hair types/textures that are similar to your own. There's a whole range of hair types on these boards. So when there seems to be a consensus, maybe it's just a consensus amongst similar hair types and the information IS good information...for that particular group. It may not be for you. And that's cool, right?

It's easy to get offended when loaded words are thrown around like "indoctrination" and "preachy". But I say, let's give each other the benefit of the doubt that no real harm was intended and TRY not to take offense. In the grand scheme of things, how much does it really matter? We're all on individual journeys, sharing the best information available to us at the time and our own personal experiences. That's a good thing.

So, er...Can I get a Kumbayah up in this mug? Or at least a Woosah? I think the boards are for support. Now, if I took a wrong turn and ended up in the debate section, somebody let a sista know because I don't swing that way. I CAN. But it's not that serious. Really. Let's just move on and get back to growing TOGETHER.

Sooooooooo....uh... anybody have any pics to share? *shameless request for hair PICS*

BTW, yeah I said it!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:26pm
BTW, I was thinking about trying silicones recently because my hair was just curling onto itself and knotting at the ends. I've been cutting those knots off because I just don't want to get all worked up over it. I try to release as much as possible first. But, the thought to try cones did cross my mind.

But, I did a protein treatment over the weekend and it seems to have made my hair happy. I hadn't really used protein since going natural. So now I know that when my hair gets a certain way, a little protein helps. Of course, I followed with a moisturizing conditioner but, my hair is hap-py!

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:46pm
I don't think silicones were damaging to my hair, but my hair is much less frizzy and less voluminous now than when I used products with sulfates and cones, so I'd rather stick with my ayurvedic stuff.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Feb 24 2014 at 11:46pm
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:04am
You're right Njoy and thanks.Hug I m going to try to go a month or two before I straighten my hair for a pic Wink S & F, I'm doing cones AND Indian oils & neutral henna (cassia).
Some may like to read these too:

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 25 2014 at 3:45am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:50am
Yeah guys let's get back on the Happy hair growth train...that's what this is all about!! I might flick it up in a few weeks..Big smile
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:57am
Yes!! The coast is clear AND more pics a'comin! Can't ask for better than that.

Well, based on Naptural85's video, I ordered some knock-off curlformers. Those should be here today. I wonder if I'll feel like putting those in today? I sure don't want to sleep in them. Sleeping in Curlformers was the worst night's sleep ever!!

I'm looking forward to seeing how my hair turns out. I was transitioning the last time I tried it. I hope this becomes a good heatless styling option for me.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:27am
i thought this was such a simple test im pissed i never thought of it.   instead, i just stopped using styling gels all together.  that fantasia under my sink might just get another chanceLOL

the video cant be embedded:
video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-q7TrhQQs
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 2:48pm
Has anyone tried Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner?

The ingredients don't sound bad:

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Nettle Extract, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Glycoprotein (from oyster shells), Balsam Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

I guess it is a form of protein, which my hair could be benefit.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 52>