Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:12am
I ended up flat ironing my hair too.  I was just starting to get frustrated with my natural hair and my shed hairs causing knots that need cutting out. But the thickness has me newly motivated to continue the struggle. 

Here are my pics

Today, I'm back in a bun.

Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:20am
Tatee and Njoy, both of you ladies have AMAZINGLY THICK and BEAUTIFUL HAIR Clap
Njoy your back is clearly waist length!!! You're def on the way to hip length!!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:01pm
Sexy & Lady: you two have piqued my interest in this oil. It sounds really promising. Lady, if you do get the cheaper alternative, I would Luv if you did a comparison of the two products. Please and Ty! Sexy: please continue to update us on you and ya sis hair with the oil!

Tatee: I Luv ya rants and realizations! I pretty much wash my hair like that too. I only use shampoo when I have product build up(which isn't often. My usual usage of poo is 1x month. I cowash primarily. Most of the times, I don't wash out all of the condish either. It keeps Cleo moisturized plus I'm usually going to be using that condish as my leave- in(most times ).

With this cold freakin weather, Cleo needs more moisture. So washing this way helps with moisture levels. I gotta moisturize more bc I'm noticing that she is getting drier throughout the day due to weather, cold and heat. Glad you had a great washday! I also think your incorporating more heat into ya Reggie will be a added benefit, specifically with the dreaded ssk's. They were my reasoning behind straightening more often and/or keeping Cleo stretched. I soo have less of them bc of more heat and keeping Cleo stretched w/o heat.

NJoy: looking good, Sis. R u at WL already(grazing/ full)??!! Congrats to you! So do you have the same growth rate as a natural head?

Jewels: don't get discouraged... Blame it on the weather! It prolly is! Right now my hair world ain't right bc of the weather! So feel free to blame the weather with me. Lol!
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:42pm
Ur guys's hair looks amazing! Keep it up:)

I feel like the only shampoo junky here now lol I'm always applying styling products and need something to get the goop out. I cut 4" from my hair!! I bleach my hair but decided to grow it out and cut out almost all of it. Still have a few more inches left. It was waist length now it's mid back I think.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:53pm
NJoy your hair look fantasticThumbs Up

thanx LA and Luv

BB is i still use shampoos.  i dont think ive ever given them up completely during my journey.  i just learned that diluting them and using them less often and when i have product build up works fine for me.  always do whats best for you and your hair needs.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:25pm
@BB, I also use shampoo, the Trader Joe's one, but apparently one of its ingredients is bad. I can't find the website anymore.
Perhaps you wouldn't need so much shampoo if you didn't use hair styling products? The ingredients on those might affect your hair, and then there is no point in being careful with what shampoo and conditioner to buy when the other products are sucking out of your hair all the goodness you tried to inject.
Have you checked the ingredients on your hair styling products?

@luv, no worries, I love updates, giving or receiving them! They help the community. The oil did not completely fill all the thinning hair, but it sure improved the condition. I have to apply it tonight but I feel soooo lazy lol

I didn't wash my hair yesterday nor today. Probably will wash it on Tuesday. I noticed my hair doesn't mind when I don't wash it. I used to wash my hair every day and never noticed any problem, except a lot of hair fall when I brushed it, so now I wonder if it was the constant washing or if it was the products (I quit sulfate shampoos 2 years ago and anything with silicone about 8 months ago).
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:13am
Listen to the explanation of this hairlista about how she could NEVER get any hair accumulation until she started using henna coatings to fill the cuticles. Silicones fill the same way that the lawson dye in henna does except silicones are thick and oily and henna is a drying powder.  Use oils and moisturizers daily m/s with both and you're fine

Silicone mix label showing how the product fills damaged/raised porous cuticles just like henna's lawson dye

people who color or chemically treat have raised cuticles and need this. My hair is naturally highly porous and can drip wet after being in a slight mist so I always need cuticle fillers. Of course it would be better to have NATURALLY HEALTHY PERFECT HAIR ! But if you do NOT have naturally smooth cuticles, you have to 1) cut all the hair off and hope you grow some better hair wake up with new hair DNA OR 2) WORK WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT AND TREAT IT WITH SILICONE AND HENNA so you can retain your length!!!

I find GHEing often with glycerine and natural oils helps hair to absorb more than enough water even with silicone. This combo is kind of the best of all options for my porous hair

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 17 2014 at 12:45pm
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:16am
Tatee your hair is growing so nicely. & Njoy...I swear you have a hair fairy that visits you nightly and adds length to your darn head!! I can't!! lol!!

I ended up washing my hair & using the lighter apoghee protein. Felt a little better, but was harder to comb through. I'm hoping the DR conditioner will work out. I'm gonna get the balancing stuff & maybe the nexxus or redken cat leave-in. Do my weekly wash & sets & see if my hair gets back on track.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Feb 17 2014 at 11:19am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:45pm
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:51pm
Thanks, Ladies.

Tatee, I thought I commented on your pic. My bad. Your hair looks fabulous. I love how you’re able to completely know your hair and the different areas. I need to work on that. All I know is that I have one hood area that gets crazy. Lol

Luv, I’m at WL. A little frustrated because I keep getting back to that area. Without fail, my ends tangle with my sheds and I end up cutting the knots out, which means I have to try to cut the other side too so that my hair doesn’t get lopsided. I swear cones sound like a good idea with my ends. It’s as if the sheds hold on for dear life and decide if they have to go, they’re taking a bunch of others right along with it. Smh

I think my growth rate using my growth oil is the same as when it was relaxed. It’s just harder to see. And, I have to be consistent, which I have been lately. But, while my dad was ill and then taking care of his affairs afterwards, I really wasn’t and I could see my growth rate slow to what felt like a crawl.

BB, I agree with Tatee about keeping build up at bay. I would also suggest pre-poo’g before a wash, if you don’t already. What’s your fave poo?

Jewelsync, now if I can just get the lotto fairy to drop off some winning numbers…

This was my Feb 3rd, stretched length check. The flab folds are at waist (*le sigh*)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 61>
  Share Topic