Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 62>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:45pm
I found a cheaper alternative to MABH oil on Amazon. It contains the same things Lancey says is in MABH:  Tulsi, Amla, Bhringaraj,  shankapushpi and Neem  It is called Khadi Tulsi Hair Growth Oil / Shipping is $5.99 instead of $20.00 for shipping of MABH oil
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 6:29pm
I don't have enough of the apoghee balancing conditioner so I'm not gonna chance the 2-step. I have some of the 2min reconstruct so that's what I'll use for now. I feel like I'm hustling backwards...smdh
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Brazilianbabe Brazilianbabe wrote:

I use baking soda to open my hair's cuticle so the dc can get in. Tatee recommended it and it's been working for me. My hair is actually absorbing it now. I only want to try adding salt cuz I saw a thread on here about it and it seemed to do wonders for someone's hair.

but her hair type might be different of yours. she wrote something about being easier to detangle, I imagined her hair was a 3 or 4 type. add just a pinch of salt to whatever you are using on the day you use, not inside the container, and see how your hair reacts to it.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:58pm
@LadyAradia, but the MABH oil is a mix of several different herbs. Tulsi and neem are just the ones she named it.
If you do buy it, let us know the results.

I oiled my hair yesterday and woke up with super soft and smooth hair. I didn't even want to wash it today because it looked great.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:53pm
Sally's Beauty Supply has another BOGO(Buy 1 Get 1 Free) sale on all hair care products(excluding hair color). Check your email for the in-store coupon & online use promo code 555421. Sales lasts from February 14-16 Only!!

The code works online and in-store. There's a max of 3 different items for the BOGO per purchase.  But there's nothing that prevents separate purchases.  Free shipping for over $50 or get it free in person.

Just sharing.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:10am
thank you NJoy.  this is good time for me to pick up my base products.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:20am
i just had the best wash session ive ever had with my natural hair.  i woke up really early this morning and decided to prepoo my hair.  this is something i stopped doing a while back because of time consumption.  to prepoo i use the deep conditioner that i made, applied, sectioned my hair off into 7 twists and put on plastic conditioning cap.  i kept the cap on for about 30 to 45 minutes juist long enough to heat up the conditioner.  i detangled each section and it was a breeze.  the conditioner made my hair was really soft and the comb glided through.  i then retwisted  and washed my hair in the shower.  i was about to co wash with conditioner when i realized the concoction i used to prepoo contained the conditioner and i would normally use to cowash.  so instead i just cleaned my scalp and hair using the product in my hair.  when i rinsed my hair was really soft and moisturized and there was no need to detangle again. i just retwisted each section and im letting it air dry now.  the entire washing session only took less than 20 minutes.  i can deal with that.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:27am
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i just had the best wash session ive ever had with my natural hair.  i woke up really early this morning and decided to prepoo my hair.  this is something i stopped doing a while back because of time consumption.  to prepoo i use the deep conditioner that i made, applied, sectioned my hair off into 7 twists and put on plastic conditioning cap.  i kept the cap on for about 30 to 45 minutes juist long enough to heat up the conditioner.  i detangled each section and it was a breeze.  the conditioner made my hair was really soft and the comb glided through.  i then retwisted  and washed my hair in the shower.  i was about to co wash with conditioner when i realized the concoction i used to prepoo contained the conditioner and i would normally use to cowash.  so instead i just cleaned my scalp and hair using the product in my hair.  when i rinsed my hair was really soft and moisturized and there was no need to detangle again. i just retwisted each section and im letting it air dry now.  the entire washing session only took less than 20 minutes.  i can deal with that.
That is really cool that you realized that a prepoo or cowash are sufficient to clean hair. I don't even own any shampoos because Ive been doing the same thing for about a year. Conditioner only. Sounds funny to say it but yes,  I have not used shampoo on my hair in over a year LOL So like when I do a prepoo of yogurt and honey and whatnot, I just rinse it out after a while and run some cream rinse thru and Im done.  I actually don't even rinse all the cream rinse out even. I let it double as a leave in. No shampoo actually involved. The only thing shampooing would add for me is tangling it up a whole lot and drying it out so I just eliminate it and the hair is still clean Wink My hair does not produce a lot of natural oils and the first thing I am going to do when I finish rinsing is put on some coconut oil so there is no need to strip the hair bone dry and fried with shampoo in the first place.  Smile
That  dude in that  video is really creepy. Confused

Personally I never find a need to clarify or shampoo period even when I loaded the hair with oil the cowash got it  ALL out without leaving the hair shot and stripped. The only time I would need shampoo is to get a chemical like dye or relaxer out  of the hair thoroughly 

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 15 2014 at 11:38am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 12:05pm
since my hair was behaving so way today i decided to straighten it.  im thinking this year i should straighten my hair more frequently than 4 times a year so that i can monitor more closely my progress or pitfalls.

this time while doing my hair a actually paid attention to it and here are my observations:

1. i have about 3 or 4 different textures

2.  the hair at my crown is coarse and wirey yet it breaks easier and i retain less length in that area.  i have to pay closer attention to this area because its the easiest to just hide away in a bun or pony.  more moisture is also need and this is also the only area that can handle thicker products. this area also requires gentler combing which is unfortunate since it also the hardest area to reach properly so im more prone to rush this area along.  keeping this section in twists helps retain length.

3.  the hair around the back perimeter near my ears are looser texture and retains the most length of my entire head and not a lot attention is required.

4.  my hair in the front remains at the same face framing length.  possibly from  buns or being constantly being dampened and smoothed.  i havent thought of a plan to remedy this yet.  i like buns.  maybe i should start braiding the perimeter?

5.  breakage around the nape and hair line.  the breakage at the nape has improved since december because i constantly keep it moisturized and in twists.  the hair in front has broken off even worse since december.  possibly from knotting scarves and high buns.  even though i love fashion scarves i'll let them go for now.

6.  i had less ssk than last straightening session in dec.   in fact this session there were only a few.  yay for me i did something right Clap.  i kept my ends heavily moisturized and twirled the ends when in twists.  it worked.

7.  stay positive and be good to what you love.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 62>
  Share Topic