Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 52>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 3:07pm
I let my sister use the hair products I purchase so I can have a "second opinion" on them.
She used the hair masque that I purchased and left on her hair overnight, but only washed it off several hours after she woke up. She said her hair felt super soft.
I agree with the results she got because I felt the same. I am so happy with my purchases!

Tonight I am oiling my hair, and tomorrow I might use the hair masque, not sure. My hair still looks very much moisturized and is still soft. I have not washed my hair since Saturday, when I oiled it.

I am thinking in going to a hair stylists and getting bangs this week, since school starts next week. I am only worried about my bangs not being straight and needing to straighten it often.
Sponsored Links

TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 7:48pm
Ok...silly question but, when we say waist length are we measuring natural waist or belly button? A woman's natural waist is about an inch above the belly button but a number of people go by the belly button. Just want to know what my actual goal should be for this challenge.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:12am
I consider waist length where my waist is. My belly button is an inch or so below my waist, so when my hair achieves waist length, it will still be above my belly button. Maybe those ladies have their belly buttons high up on their body? Some people have it.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:13am
Triple, I consider natural waist- WL. For me, if I take a tape measure around my belly button it's closer to hip length for me.

Since I'm off today and tomorrow, I'm thinking of doing a hot oil txt on dry hair overnight. Cleo has been moisturized and sealed, but she feels and looks heckuva dry. This weather has been messing with her as of late. Imma try one more moisture mojo trick: hot oil txt on dry hair and plait her up and baggy and scarf. I'm thinking the baggying will give Cleo the moisture she's craving.

Oh, when I combed out my plaitout, I noticed that I was shedding heavily from my ends. Now, I'm a serial non trimmer(2plus yrs w/o any trims/cuts) so I expect my ends to be weaker. But, this was more than usual. I knew immediately what the issue was. I had worn Cleo out for those 5 days via the plaitout whereby exposing my ends to the elements(extreme cold and snow). So, I moisturized Cleo and took some Mane n Tail Detangler and Caviar Repair Re-Texturizing Protein Cream to the ends for a protein shot.

Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:25am
Anyone have any tips for split ends and breakage? I haven't been using heat or styling products. I've been keeping my ends moisturized and trimmed yet I keep getting split ends and breakage, especially on the hair at my nape and near sideburns.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:32am
Luv, my brain froze on that first line for like 15 seconds and suddenly i thought i understood it.  are you talking about the two different measurement points you get when you pull your hair from the back and when you pull it over your shoulders and measure it in the front?

if so for me my waist falls at the top of my belly button.  but when i measure my hair from the back it hits my waist.  when i pull that same hair over my shoulder to the front it hits below my breast about 5 inches from my belly button.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 1:39pm
lmao @tatee...my brain does the same thing...like it's in loop & I keep reading the same sentence over & over...
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Brazilianbabe Brazilianbabe wrote:

Anyone have any tips for split ends and breakage? I haven't been using heat or styling products. I've been keeping my ends moisturized and trimmed yet I keep getting split ends and breakage, especially on the hair at my nape and near sideburns.
I know that if you're getting your ends trimmed, make sure the shears are sharp, dull blades promotes split ends. Also mositure & seal with an oil to keep the moisture in. Are you protecting your ends? Depending on your current length your ends can be rubbing against material that can promote split ends? Could be a number of things.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:52pm
BB, if your hair is low porosity a lot of the products you are using may not work well on your hair. they will just sit on top your strands and never really moisturize. 

with low porosity you rarely need proteins, so protein conditioners and leave-in and even plant based products like aloe or even coconut oils are unnecessary and may lead to breakage.

you should also stay away from "cones". 

when using a shampoo use a chelating shampoo (dilute). 

when using a deep conditioner choose one without cones and protein and add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to jar (this will also open you cuticles). 

rinse with warm water.

after applying products to you hair for moisturizing and sealing use either the baggy method or light blow dry (heat) to again open the cuticles so the products absorb.

with low porosity, you dont have to use expensive products you just have to remember the techniques to get you cuticles open.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 6:34pm
Almost Tatee. Imagine measuring your waist with a tape measure. For me, I'm 5'7 and my waist is high. When I measure with the tape, my natural waist falls at the top part of my belly button ( if you were to draw a line across my belly button). I also see where your train of thought is as well bc I have experienced that too. I used to think waist was where my hips are , but My Auntie, who sews, told me that my natural waist is actually a few inches above my hips. Made sense.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 52>