Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 7:54am
Tatee u r the queen of hair.

I just found a product on sephora.com called Bumble and Bumble Thickening Serum for $27
This is what it said on the site
What it is:
A nightly, leave-in hair treatment for thickening and strengthening.

What it does:
This serum fattens and fortifies each strand over time for thicker, stronger, and fuller hair. 

What else you need to know:
For really full results, pair with Thickening Shampoo, Thickening Conditioner and Thickening Hairspray.

Ingredients
-Algae Extract: Strengthens and adds luster and body.
-Caffeine: Soothes and conditions; provides anti-irritant and antioxidant properties.
-Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract: Increases hair density.
-Betula Alba (Birch) Extract: Provides anti-irritant and antioxidant properties. 

Alcohol Denat., Water, Butylene Glycol, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Poria Cocos Sclerotium Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cholesterol, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Extract, Algae Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Caffeine, Trideceth-9, Adenosine Phosphate, PPG-28-Buteth-35, Creatine, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance.

Sounds like it might be worth the money. What u guys think?
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:40am
BB im just learning like everybody elseLOL
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:53am
i checked out the first few ingredients and was put off just by the second ingredient.  the ingredients sound like they should be good but the second ingredient is really just a filler, so for 1.7 oz you really arent getting much of anything:

Butylene Glycol-This chemical is a preservative used to keep skincare and beauty products from spoiling. It’s sometimes used to create a “whipped” appearance to existing products as a marketing ploy or to create more volume in a jar, while reducing the actual amount of product.

Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract-It plays an important role in the battle against hair loss as it clears pores in the skin. It also has a stimulating effect on the hair follicles which encourages growth while blocking harmful follicle chocking chemicals in the body like DHT which naturally occur in both men and women.

Poria Cocos Sclerotium Extract-anti-microbial

Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract-Licorice extract contains a multitude of different roles. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant. Testing shows that is also has anti-hyaluronidase activity, which means it fights the breakdown of Hyaluronic Acid. In addition, it reduces erythema associated with UV light and inhibits the histamine release. Licorice has also shown to have higher tyrosinase inhibiting properties than either Kojic or Ascorbic Acid.

Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract-Historical, anecdotal evidence suggests that saw palmetto stops hair loss and triggers healthy hair growth. In the lab saw palmetto inhibits dihydotestosterone (DHT), an enzyme that is associated with male pattern baldness.

Humulus Lupulus- is a plant that is used for brewing great beer, as well as for cooking and for treating some diseases and ailments. This medicinal plant is rich in vitamins and various amino acids. In particular, common hop and hop extract can help to re-grow hair and slow down hair loss, as well as get rid of such problems as dandruff , hair weakening and brittle hair

Betula Alba (Birch)- is useful for dermatitis, dull or congested skin, eczema, hair care and psoriasis, although it could irritate the skin.

i also looked through the reviews for the product and they seemed pretty mediocre.  a lot of people mentioned that it made their hair "look thicker" which always means it coats the hair.  one comment mention that the hair didnt shed as much and another said it lifts the roots to give the illusion of thick hair.  another says it clings to the hair shaft and so on...

http://www.sephora.com/thickening-serum-P280574
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:21am

Hey Tatee what about Nettle? I knew a rasta years ago & he told me if you want to grow your hair really long use products with nettle in it. But as of late I can't find any with a high concentration.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 11:19am
Jewels, from what i can see nettle root is a possible DHT blocker that may help stop hereditary balding but im not certain if that translates into overall hair growth.  if i were interested in going this route i would just buy nettle root extract and saw palmetto boil them in water (tea), strain with cheesecloth and make my own hair tonic using a light oil and aloe vera gel. 

make sure you look for nettle root and not nettle leaf because the have different properties.

and even if it does nothing for hair growth, it still supposed to good for balancing hormonesThumbs Up
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Jewels, from what i can see nettle root is a possible DHT blocker that may help stop hereditary balding but im not certain if that translates into overall hair growth.  if i were interested in going this route i would just buy nettle root extract and saw palmetto boil them in water (tea), strain with cheesecloth and make my own hair tonic using a light oil and aloe vera gel. 

make sure you look for nettle root and not nettle leaf because the have different properties.

and even if it does nothing for hair growth, it still supposed to good for balancing hormonesThumbs Up
Thanks Tatee. I bought some nettle pills, but I'm taking so many vitamins as it is, I was trying to find a topical product that already had it in there. LOL. I was thinking to make buy the leafs and add it to my water/spray bottle. I used to use 911 leave-in & that stuff had the perfect slip & had nettle, my hair was so healthy & long...Cry
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Thanks Tatee. I bought some nettle pills, but I'm taking so many vitamins as it is, I was trying to find a topical product that already had it in there. LOL. I was thinking to make buy the leafs and add it to my water/spray bottle. I used to use 911 leave-in & that stuff had the perfect slip & had nettle, my hair was so healthy & long...Cry

i am the worst person to ask about products because you know im going to say make you ownLOL.  im big believer in buying cheap products as bases and mixing in your own ingredients to perfect them.

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:54am
LOL yeah but you're creative...I'm not. The most I'll do is add some molasses in some conditioner.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:55am
i retwisted my hair using water to reactivate the product already in my hair from the last for days.  i put products on the very ends for added moisture and blow dried for about 2 minutes to open the cuticles.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:02pm
Hey Ladies! Cleo and I are on day 3 of the plaitout. I've been plain tired after work, so I have fallen asleep w/o the scarf. But, she still looks good! I have been moisturizing and haven't had to replait either- SCORE!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 61>
  Share Topic