Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 5:38pm

Blow Drying(No Heat On The Ends) And The Tension Method

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EXTtMD6O_U][/url]
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 5:54pm
What do you guys recommend to hydrate or deep condition your hair?
My hair is fine and dry, and although the MABH oil is really nice, I want to have something else to apply on my hair once or twice a week to keep if nice.
I don't use silicones, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil or petrolatum in my hair. I actually have a long list of ingredients that I avoid, and most hair masques got a few of those.

I am considering purchasing those hair masks sold on etsy, I saw one really nice and the best of all, its black owned so thumbs up for that:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157707263/deep-conditioner-mint-chocolate-moisture?ref=favs_view_13
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 6:08pm
No sitter tonight means a night of deep conditioning. Ah well. It is what it is.

For my moisturizing DC, I'm planning to puree 2 ripe avocados and an overripe banana (I puree well with distilled water to avoid having pieces in my hair forever. ). with that, I'll mix in olive oil, molasses, wheatgerm oil and plain yogurt. DC'g with steam.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

What do you guys recommend to hydrate or deep condition your hair?
My hair is fine and dry, and although the MABH oil is really nice, I want to have something else to apply on my hair once or twice a week to keep if nice.
I don't use silicones, parabens, sulfates, mineral oil or petrolatum in my hair. I actually have a long list of ingredients that I avoid, and most hair masques got a few of those.

I am considering purchasing those hair masks sold on etsy, I saw one really nice and the best of all, its black owned so thumbs up for that:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157707263/deep-conditioner-mint-chocolate-moisture?ref=favs_view_13
S&F I posted a few pg's back about the deep condish masque Cantu shea deep treatment. The list of ingredients is listed as well. Maybe that would be something you might like. I really love the way my hair felt. My daughter is natural & she loves it too.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 10:32pm
I used Cantu's shea butter pomade a long time ago and I used to like the results. I will take a lookThumbs Up

I had one pouch of Hask henna n' placenta and I mixed it with a tablespoon of coconut oil, a few drops of spearmint essential oil (hask stinks!) and some hydrating hair creme that is so-so, applied it on my hair and left it on for 40 minutes, with a plastic bag covering my headLOL

My hair was very soft, especially in the front, but I noticed that I have a balding spot that wasn't as big a month agoCry

I already applied my third dose of MABH oil as soon as I washed the hask mix off, and then I massaged the balding spot with some of the MABH oil because they suggest to do so where you are losing hair.

Hask stinks even after adding some essential oilThumbs Down
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 6:17am
i woke up so early i decided its been 15 days i better was my hair.  i took off my scarf and inspected my scalp and its fine no buildup, no flakes and  my hair is still moisturized.  i feel guilty going so long with out washing or rinsing but....oh well.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:33pm
I washed my hair off this morning with shampoo TWICE and it still smelled of hask henna n' placenta while it was wet. Now that is almost dry, the scent is gone.
This MABH oil is the bomb! My hair is shiny and so light and soft, I love the effects of this product. I gave about half of the bottle to my sister so she can let me know how her hair reacts to it.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 7:07pm
Currently, giving Cleo some moisturizing tlc. Been rocking the heat less stretched big bun all week. That bun gave me life!!! I also used holding spray as well. So, I decided to do a DC and cowash. Next week will most likely be a plaitout week.
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 10:30pm
Hask mask used to be my go to mask. I was going through a placenta phase lol. Need to start using that stuff again.

Day 2 using all natural products and my hair is loving it! It's getting darker tho. Idk if it's cu of the new products or the meds but I bleach my hair and it's changing back to it's normal color. I trimmed my hair again. Trying to get rid of split ends.

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 8:53am
Good morning Ladies...I'll be doing the usual wash & DC...for the DC I'll be using the cantu shea butter & maybe a little molasses, not really sure. I've been using the sulfur for 3wks now, and of course I'm having a reaction on my neck, not as bad as the 1st time I used it, but I feel the tightness and I have a slight dry patch. I'm going to moisturize the mess out of my neck tonight to prevent it from extending any further. I haven't noticed any big changes in thickness yet, but I'm going to keep it up for another 3 weeks, then do the henna, by then, I think I should see some marked change.

Happy Sunday everyone!! 

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jan 26 2014 at 8:53am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair