Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by Brazilianbabe Brazilianbabe wrote:

Sorry I haven't been on in like a week. Been busy. Went tothe derm to figure what to do for my hair. He prescribed me some stuff so I quit everything else I was doing and following his regimen.
I haven't measured in a while but my hair has definitely grown. I trimed about 1.5" off and my hair Still looks longer that what I started with:)
Hey BB, what was going on with your scalp?

I have been losing a ton if hair. Found out I have something I can't pronounce or spell but it's basically when u go through a stessful event which causes inflammation on ur scalp which then causes hairloss. The scalp is supposed to go back to normal a few month later but mine never did so I need medication to fix it. Currently I'm just taking a vit he said to take and a prescribed topical. Might change cuz I got blood work done and he mentioned some shots and meds I might need to take if this dont work. I'm hoping I get back some of the volume I lost.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 5:28pm
So my new regimen is:
- apply topical and wash hair every day
- take vitamins
- m&s everyday

I stopped derma rolling, monistat, oiling, and stopped applying conditioners near the roots.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 6:54pm
Oh man. I'm sorry this happened to you. Is it alopecia? I hope you get some positive results from the meds!
TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

@TripleL1967, thanks for the reply! I was wondering what that was! So the misto can could be used at the kitchen or in the hair? to moisturize it? have you had any results with growth?

SexyandFamous Do you mean from the Emu? I believe my growth is a result of keeping strands oiled and moisturized. I've been lazy this past week...must get back on my routine. A healthy Diet is very important for growth...I'm worried my weight loss efforts may hinder/ sabotage my hair growth efforts. Any advice ladies? I'm on a caloric restrictive diet for health reasons.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 8:04pm
me too triple. Im eating only salads & tea. I will order maxi hair tabs  & i should be ok. Most women in India are vegetarians w/ the world's longest hair.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

You look pretty close to waist length now S&F

I was 2 inches away before my mom trimmed my hair. Must be 3 or 2.5" away.

This oils made my hair so shiny today - much better than coconut oil's shine or castor oil. Those two oils make my hair looks greasy or dirty, but this MABH oil, even after washing with shampoo, made my hair so glossy that my sister said it looked like a mirror. My hair also feels super soft, I am really excited for the results I will get a month from now.
You're making this MABH oil sound interesting! Castor oil makes my hair look wet. The idea of a glossy product that helps with growth sounds great. How much did you pay for it?

I paid 26 bucks with shipping. I bought it on the 5th January and it arrived on the 18th.
My sister tried it on overnight and she liked the shine on her hair and how light it felt (she has straight hair though) but she disliked the smell, that was still lingering after a shower.

I am applying it tonight again and leaving it overnight.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 8:24pm
ty I will get emu oil again for now... i will try it though

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 22 2014 at 8:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Oh man. I'm sorry this happened to you. Is it alopecia? I hope you get some positive results from the meds!

Thanks. It's not alopecia. The name starts with a T. Can't remember the name :/. when u get really stressed, it's normal to lose hair cuz of hormonal changes that can cause inflammation on ur scalp. After a few months everything goes back to normal and ur hair stops falling out. Mine never went back to normal. It's not permanent (thank goodness) but for some reason my scalp and hormones won't go back to normal on it's own. My symptoms were hair loss and thinning, itchy scalp, and what looked like dandruff (that's actually what I thaught I had this whole time) so ladies if u have symptoms of dandruff and it's not going away see a derm cuz it could be what I have. All he/she does is look at ur scalp so see if it inflammed and tug at ur hair to see how much falls out. They also might ask for blood work.

Edit: totally forgot to add, hormonal changes also cause more hair to be in the dormant phase (not growing) and the inflammation pushes out those hairs.

Edited by Brazilianbabe - Jan 23 2014 at 1:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:07pm
3rd day on topicals and vitamins. Sofar so good. Flakes and itch is better but not gone. No significant decrease in hair loss yet.
Anyone know of a good sulfate and silicone free shampoo and condish from the drugstore? Anything that can be bought at walmart, Kroger, walgreens or Ulta except Pantene <-- hair never liked that brand. I need something less harsh since I'm washing my hair everyday.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 4:11pm
Brazilianbabe, is there a Trader Joe's store near you? Because their shampoo and conditioner from the Tea Tree line are sulfate, silicone and paraben free. And they are cheap too, about 5 bucks and lasts a long time.

Or you could ditch it completely and use apple cider vinegar to wash your hair, and make some hair butter to hydrate it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 63>