Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 62>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 5:26pm
For Brown & anyone else whose interested, this is a really in depth video on henna/indigo. BTW I really like her energy too...LOL

Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:00pm
^
^
^
|
|

I read in some blog that it is better to purchase Henna from Indian Stores rather than natural stores (or Lush). Maybe the results would be even better if she used a different henna.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:04pm
Since castor oil is sticky, I warmed up a bit in a pan and applied on my hair from top to ends. It has been 3 days and my hair looks sleek, almost like I had straightened (except the hair above the nape, there has some curls).

I really like this effect. I was trying the castor oil to see if it would make my hair look thicker. I will apply it once a week on my hair, so that way I won't wash my hair often - not that it is bad to do so, but I want to see if there is any benefits to it, especially since my hair is so dry and in those 3 days it looks very hydrated.
browngirllonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:09pm
NJoy: Such pretty pics! Thanks for sharing. (What were you wearing? LOVE the detail around the neckline...)

Jewel: Thanks for posting the video. I watch it...I need to bite the bullet, quit bulls***ing, and dye my hair. I CANNOT continue plucking my grays with my Tweezerman.

Sexyandfamous: I heard the same thing as you about the henna; although my mom used a black henna she got from Sally's Beauty supply for years. In fact, she may still use it. She absolutely swears by it. I no longer get my hair done at a salon -- I haven't in years -- however, as recent as last year I used to go to a local Indian salon from time to time just to get my ends clipped and eyebrows threaded...anyhow, all the Indian women said the same thing as you about the henna.

Off topic: Why isn't my siggy showing up?!
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:01pm
Ok. I am gonna try to get in on this....but slowly.
I just trimmed and am now at mid neck length.

My hair actually did really well with braids, but I can't wear that style to work.
My edges are broken off and I have some thinning at the top.
Castor oil and Olive oil work well for me. I wash and condition then use Olive oil while my hair is still damp, then place in a stretch ponytail holder. No heat at all most days. That seems to do really well for me lately.
Oh and I use ACV on my scalp to help with itching and dryness. The added benefit is that it makes my hair super sleek.
Thanks for all the advice I've been reading :)
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 3:47am
Sexy & Brown. Yeah you guys might be right about the Indian henna. I purchased this pre-mixed henna from the bss but it washed out very quickly. I then bought the following off of amazon:

Godrej Nupur mehendi henna

Indigo powder

I found this process okay, only did this once (or was it twice??) last year so I can't really remember if I was blown away by the results. I was going with the lush for the convenience of the block & the product being pre-mixed already, as well as just being able to pick it up as opposed to having to order. But I might get more from ordering on-line & just mixing myself. I'm undecided at the moment, I have a few weeks yet before I'm ready to henna anyway.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jan 16 2014 at 7:01am
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:19am
BHM kicked me off last night, so I couldn't finish my responses. I'm not a henna head, but I saw that same info as sexy and black girl. I have a few grays, but I Luv them! My ultimate goal is to be a real life Storm(X-Men character). I Luv healthy gray/silver hair! Prolly bc my Mommie went gray early and before she buzz chopped, she always had thick, shiny salt and pepper hair.

I ended up not replaiting last night. I just scarfed and went to bed. She actually still looks good. Maybe I can keep until this weekend.

My 2014 Mission is to rock plaitouts for most of the year and see if I get similar growth and retention as I do with buns. I came to this mission bc last yr, I threw them in and I noticed alot of cool things:

1. It's EASY for me to do! I can't braid nor really care to learn. Umm...please know, I never asked about the Black Girls,You Gotta Know How To Braid To Be Black class. Miss that with me! So, I plait, which works just awesome!

2. When using the proper products and desired amount of plaits, I have grrrreat results! I don't loose a ton of hair- just normal amount of SHED hairs. Sometimes, it's so minimal- I'm shocked. For real! I also have EASY detangling, moisturizing/remoisturizing and plaiting/ re-plaiting sessions. So much so, that if I wanted, I could re- plait every night. But, I don't bc it's not needed and it's too much manipulation.

3. Cleo gets better and better the LESS I do to her. Oil/ moisturize as needed . Scarf at night . Replant if needed. Wear it up. Wear it down. Wear it half up and half down (like I'm doing now). Easy.
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 10:02am

Thanks Jewelsnyc for the Henna information. I am interested. My only issue is that my hair is already dyed a light brown color and I'm not sure if the Henna will take or what effect it would have on my hair. I see that Lush has a Henna mix made to achieve brown hair. I think I may give that one a try.

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by assiyrabomb assiyrabomb wrote:

Thanks Jewelsnyc for the Henna information. I am interested. My only issue is that my hair is already dyed a light brown color and I'm not sure if the Henna will take or what effect it would have on my hair. I see that Lush has a Henna mix made to achieve brown hair. I think I may give that one a try.

You're welcome. The only thing I would be careful about is that because your is already chemically dyed, you need to know if the dye has any metallic components in it. Because I believe henna might react to that (or vice versa). Not 100% sure...but just double check prior to doing anything to your hair.
TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 6:31pm
SexyandFamous the intended use is for using it in the kitchen to replace those little cans of Pam.    I actually bought my first for that purpose. And then I thought "This would work great for my hair." Bought several and haven't looked back. You can find in the home goods section of most department stores, Kitchen stores, etc. I have found them quite cheap at TJ Maxx. They look like this and come in different colors which helps me remember which can contains which oil mixture.

For the Emu, it's highly moisturizing for hair and skin. It reportedly can reactivate sleeping follicles (don't know the truth of this) and has been used to combat bald spots. I love it for the way it moisturizers my strands.

Having a time of it posting...which is okay most of the time because I simply like to read and be inspired...but when I do want to post I keep getting error msgs.

Edited by TripleL1967 - Jan 17 2014 at 12:41am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 62>