Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 59>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:19pm
[QUOTE=luvmybiga$$fro] Ok, ok! Jewels, NJoy, Lady & So Silly Tatee- Cleo and I are in😀. Thanks for the peer pressure - I mean- encouragement! Lol! I appreciate y'all and enjoyed the last challenge, so I'm looking forward to this one! Just saying now for those who don't know us: 1. We(me & Cleo) tend to be long winded, but thorough and 2. I am style challenged bc I am admittedly lazy bc Cleo is thick and I do what works for me and my arms!
QUOTE]

Now you know we weren't gonna let you go no. where.

We need our talkers.
Sponsored Links

browngirllonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:02pm
NJoy...you are sans kids!?? I am jealous. I have a four month old and 2 yo...they are my ball and chains...and I feel like I am on house arrest. I work from home, too, mostly while they nap during this time...which is what I*should* be doing now...but I'm on here chatting. LOL

Don't feel bad about your hiatus from yoga: I am a certified yoga instructor and I am still on maternity leave. This pregnancy did a number on me, and the snap-back wasn't what it was with my son 2 years ago. Oh,well, I can only do what I can do...
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by browngirllonghair browngirllonghair wrote:

NJoy...you are sans kids!?? I am jealous. I have a four month old and 2 yo...they are my ball and chains...and I feel like I am on house arrest. I work from home, too, mostly while they nap during this time...which is what I*should* be doing now...but I'm on here chatting. LOL

Don't feel bad about your hiatus from yoga: I am a certified yoga instructor and I am still on maternity leave. This pregnancy did a number on me, and the snap-back wasn't what it was with my son 2 years ago. Oh,well, I can only do what I can do...
Yoga instructor you say?? hmmm.. so you should be able to tell us some good breathing /stress release techniques to get this hair flowing...LOL
& do I understand about ball & chains...I have two kids both teens & it doesn't get any easier...Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:16pm
^^^^^LOL! I've been practicing yoga for about 15 years -- but I've had long hair all my life, and while I do think yoga presents innumerable health benefits, I have personally found two other things that -- for me, and I'm only speaking about my experience -- have really had an impact on my hair's length: 1. is when I stopped putting products on my hair in between washes, and 2. when I stopped using the attachment comb on my blow dryer and instead removed it and began blow drying my hair with a tourmaline round brush.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:20pm
...I forgot one more thing...and I know this will be unpopular with a lot of women...but I saw the best change in my hair only after I bit the bullet and grew out my relaxer!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 2:30pm

Well Brown...I tried that "growing out your relaxer" thing a little while ago, & let's just say, I won't be doing that any time soon...LOL. I have a short patch I'm nursing right now...I know some people who have the ability to deal with two textures, but for me, it became too much. If I wasn't concerned with my length, then I wouldn't mind the breakage that was occuring...but because I'm focused on this booty length, I'm gonna do what I know works for ME. & your opinion isn't unpopular here at all, most of the ladies in this thread are natural.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:10pm
I didn't want people to think I was being preachy -- which is why I made sure to preface my comments by stating that that is what worked for me (aka it may not be other's cup of tea.) I totally get that. And I agree in that dealing with two textures can be somewhat of a beyotch...I think the reason my transition was so smooth was because I did sacrifice length in the beginning and cut a significant portion of my hair straight off to help the process along quicker...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:11pm
I neglected to add that I hear you loud and clear -- you've got to do what is best for you!!
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by MinnieMe MinnieMe wrote:

" />

Starting pic:

Dont mind the hair. I had just took an install down. I had some minor build up (SEPT) Re ordered some Mineral Rich and I am using oils aloe vera gel sulfur glycerin and whatever oils I feel like mixing it with. Right now I am in a install. Plan to keep it up until hair annv. but I will come in to do updates

Repost

Starting Pic and Regi
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 4:05am
Originally posted by browngirllonghair browngirllonghair wrote:

I didn't want people to think I was being preachy -- which is why I made sure to preface my comments by stating that that is what worked for me (aka it may not be other's cup of tea.) I totally get that. And I agree in that dealing with two textures can be somewhat of a beyotch...I think the reason my transition was so smooth was because I did sacrifice length in the beginning and cut a significant portion of my hair straight off to help the process along quicker...
Not preachy at all. Everyone's opinion is welcomed, that's how we learn, or at least I do...LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 59>
  Share Topic