Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 65>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Omgeeee! Imma bust y'all heads to the white meat for: 1. Calling me out, 2. That daggone Tracy shaking his head and saying no like that and 3. Y'all made me lol so loud and long I woke up the Hubby!! Y'all two are pure fools and I LUV it!!!

I may reconsider. But, I don't have a starting pic and honestly I just am not feeling or feening straight hair right now. If Jewels is cool with my lack of a starting pic... Then, Cleo and I are in. Holla at me Jewels!
Now you know Luv it just won't be the same without you. So just cut it right on out!! Whenever you have your photo, just post it. We all are here to cheer each other on & keep each other motivated. ClapClap

Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Jewel I like you new tlc program. Instead of only doing if for 6 weeks, why not make it a part of your life from now on. You don't only want to just pamper yourself for 6 only weeks do you? Your hair's worth a long term commitment isn't it?
PS LUv you're already waist length so this challenge has your name all on it....unless you're going straight for tail bone length Embarrassed
Hey Lady, I'm doing 6wks of the sulfur then I plan on henning. I don't want to use the sulfur for about a week prior to doing the treatment. Then I plan on getting right back on a soon there after...
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 4:39pm
I am always reading everyone talking about sealants and then I found this; seems cheap and useful"

Current Sealant: My Ceramide-Packed Butter

Thank you for supporting the JGA Journal and for reaching out with feedback and excitement for the paperback journal. I appreciate you all so darn much!!!! As for the paperback version, I'm so very sorry but it's going to take me a little while longer. My laptop died on me this weekend and short of a miracle, there's no bringing it back. I will have a paperback version available as soon as possible. Thankfully I've been able to continue blogging and connecting with you through my phone and iPad.

Pin on Pinterest
Now, I have a secret to share with you. For the last few weeks I've switched up my sealant (which is normally either grapeseed oil or Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum) and have been sealing with a Jen-made butter blend. Blame a spur of the moment itch to raid my stash and play around with butters and my ceramide oils I had tucked away.

I had a jar of jojoba butter lying around - and a couple others because I mix up my BF's loc butter for him and others for my family - so I decided to use it for my new sealant. In the future, I plan on using grapeseed butter as the base butter for a totally ceramide sealant. I haven't even made a dent in my current butter blend and I'm already excited about the prospect of using grapeseed butter.

On to the ingredients and steps...

Why these oils? What are the benefits of ceramides?
The cuticle layer inevitably suffers damage over time through manipulation, shampooing, chemical relaxers, etc. Once the cuticle layer of the hair is damage, the hair becomes susceptible to breakage. Ceramides are lipid molecules that protect hair from moisture loss and protein degradation by keeping the cuticle layer in closed and repairing the cuticle layer of hair. For more on ceramides, check out these great posts: Ceramides: Patching up Damaged Hair and Ceramides: Remedy for Dry, Damaged Hair?

*Vitamin E oil does not contain ceramides but it helps nourish hair.

Steps:
1. I combined my oils with jojoba butter in a jar.
2. Using my mixer, I blended the oils and butter together until I achieved a creamy consistency.
3. Because I just cannot, cannot, cannot stand the smell of wheat germ oil I had to throw in some fragrance oil. The fragrance oil isn't pictured - because I forgot it on the sidelines - but I used a "cotton candy" scent.
4. Blended again.

My hair here is week-old air dried hair.
I was worried this butter would be a little heavy for my fine strands but it is not. After I spread it on my palms, it has the same light feel of grapeseed oil. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it's been working as a nice sealant by locking in my moisturizing, leaving me with soft, smooth hair + shine.

If we're linked via Instagram or Facebook, you may have already seen the picture to the left. I took it right after moisturizing (with Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk) and sealing with this creamy ceramide-packed butter. Hopefully can tell what I mean about this butter not clumping/weighing down my strands.

Am I excited to see what benefits I reap from sealing with this ceramide-packed jar of goodness? You bet. My hair loves ceramides and has responded very well from sealing with just grapeseed over the last 2 years. I can't wait to see how my ends fare with the addition of jojoba and 3 additional ceramide-packed oils.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 4:46pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 5:06pm
Thanks Tatee; I bumped the thread.Smile

I read here about Silicon Mix and Kanechom...
I won't be trying either because both have a lot of silicones...

Ingredients for Kanechom Leite de Cabra:
aqua, cetearyl Alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, parfum, methylisothiazolinone, dimethicone, citric acid, hydralyzed milk protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, methicone, polyquaternium-10, cabocysteine, CI 19140, CI 14720

Ingredients for Silicon Mix: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimoniun Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I think I am going to get myself those heating caps so next time I use some hair masque, it will work better because of it.

eta: hair p.orn... love the length

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 13 2014 at 5:07pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 6:16pm
Ok, ok! Jewels, NJoy, Lady & So Silly Tatee- Cleo and I are in😀. Thanks for the peer pressure - I mean- encouragement! Lol! I appreciate y'all and enjoyed the last challenge, so I'm looking forward to this one! Just saying now for those who don't know us: 1. We(me & Cleo) tend to be long winded, but thorough and 2. I am style challenged bc I am admittedly lazy bc Cleo is thick and I do what works for me and my arms!

REGGIE:
Currently, I shampoo 1x monthly if needed due to heavy use of geI or styling products. If I need to cleanse Cleo more, I'll cowash because she'll let me know. I 'water' my hair daily when I'm rocking puffs or non stretched buns.
I plan on rocking plaitouts for most if not all this year. The latter part of 2013, I fell in luv with my plaitouts bc of the ease of them. Plus, they finally have hang time and fall a lil past my shoulders! Yess! So, my beloved buns and plaitouts will be my go to styles.

DC: If needed, I tend to do overnight or excessively long dc's. Based on how she feels, I'll do a moisturizing or protein based DC. This weekend was all about moisture since she was dry shocked. Back to normal! I tend to DC during my monthly wash. I also DC on dry hair if I have no buildup. If she has buildup or tangles, I dc on wet detangled hair.

Moisturizing and sealing: I have various moisturizers and condishes that have multiple uses. I like to seal with grease now that it's colder. I use oil in the warmer months. Most of my products have some form of oil in it, so I'm good. I also use serums and glossing drops.

I do all my tlc'ing in sections to keep tangles at bay. I Luv wearing my hair stretched w/o heat (as of late). I'm doing an experiment to see if I can retain growth with these plaitouts. I know that I have to keep Cleo moisturized as she now (most times) falls on my shoulders, thus rubbing on fabric. I usually remoisturize and re plait if she needs it. So, I think I'm on a good track.

@ brown girl: lol!!! The white meat is major!! Lol!!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 3:02am
Originally posted by browngirllonghair browngirllonghair wrote:

Hi, All:

I'm the New Kid on the Block here! I actually found this site while researching a remedy for a problem that has come up in my nighttime hair routine...

First and foremost, luvmybiga$$fro, your reference to "busting down to the white meat" had me rolling. The Hubs and I say that all the time. LOL...

Okay, back to topic. Sorry...so I'm not sure I should be posting now, as I may have jumped the gun because I am home alone all day and don't have anyone to take pics of the back of my hair -- and I seriously suck at it, but as I write this, my hair has about four inches or so to go before it reaches my waist...

I am currently nursing, so I still take prenatal vitamins and I also take an ayuravedic herb called shatavari -- but I don't think that has sped up hair growth; I'm not taking it for hair growth.Wink I also take a spoonful of Cod live oil daily. (Omega 3s help make a healthy scalp.

I have pics and my full wash routine here:  http://www.thebrowngirlwithlonghair.com/p/about-my-hair. - http://www.thebrowngirlwithlonghair.com/p/about-my-hair.html

I want to do this challenge with you guys, but I work from home and have two little kids under the age of three, so I barely do my hair, let alone can be in the bathroom -- and be able to take updated photos without a kids hanging all over me like appendages. Can I still hang? Maybe I can get The Hubs to take a photo of the back of me once a month...
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=1269') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=20131116_bsg-pitch-unmonetized';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();
welcome Brown! We'd love to have you! Clap
browngirllonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 4:21am
^^^Thank you so much! You guys seem cool as s***! And knowledgeable, too.(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=1341') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=20131116_bsg-pitch-unmonetized';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

And, yes, luvmybiga$$fro, when I mention busting down to the white meat around here, The Hubs knows I mean business. Get outta my way! LOL

Alright. Back to bed. Just nursed baby girl and I am dragging. (Yawn.)
browngirllonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 4:32am
Why does that weird-a$$ code keep popping up in my posts!?! I think it is supposed to be my siggy. Does anyone know how to fix this? Ack. Help!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 12:16pm
Hola ladies and welcome Browngirllongair.

I've been so hair lazy lately. I think it's just that I've been very busy with home and business and have very little left over for myself. No problem tho. Today is my kids' first day back to school since the holidays, thanks to that crazy vortex cold weather. So today, hubby is out of town on business and I've decided to just take a "me" day and chill. Well, until the kids get home from school, that is.

Anywho, I'm STILL in these twists that I've been in since I detangled for New Year. For me, I ave to retwist every 2-3 days to get rid of sheds which leads to tangles. But uhhh.. nope. I still haven't. But, I have been cowashing and just deep conditioned and m&s last night. My hair feels nice and I'm really njoy'g the length and weight of the twists, especially while in the shower.

I'm still oiling at night and trying to stay consistent with taking my vitamins.

I've been getting pretty creative with my lazy twists routine. Hubby and I went out over the weekend and I pulled them up into a makeshift updo. It actually looked intentional.

Part of my planned routine is to increase my physical activity. Now That's the challenge for me. smh. Yoga membership going unused. Gym membership going unused. So I thought I'd bring some fun home and bought Just Dance 2014 and Zumba Fitness World Party for Xbox One...haven't touched 'em. I need accountability pronto! So I thought I'd come in and rat myself out to get me moving. Or maybe I really just need a vacation. Yeah...that sounds about right. Maybe my dr can prescribe one. I think I gots Lazyitis.    And I hear it's contagious so, stand back!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 65>
  Share Topic