Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 12:02pm
Luv we're going to miss you this challenge, but please feel free to participate & share with us!

Happy Sunday Ladies. Doing my usual wash & DC. Plan on air drying & adding the sulfur mix once dry. I'll be doing the sulfur every other day & washing on Sat/Sun. I'm hoping I see some growth & thickness in the next few months!

Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 1:00pm
Okay Ladies I'm trying something a little different today. I washed & DC'ed (like I stated) I then applied the Op leave-in along with the tresseme split end leave-in & some aphogee leave-in. Then I braided my hair in six sections. I then applied my six-oil along the braided hair.  I applied my sulfur mix to my scalp & I'm sitting under the dryer for about 10mins to open up my scalp and assist the growth aid. I'm going to do this every week for about six weeks & see if I get any change in fullness & growth.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 1:07pm
ive read Luv's post 3x already and i refuse to accept her not being in this challengeLOL, so:

i got time i'll waitStern SmileLOL...no but reallyStern Smile
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

ive read Luv's post 3x already and i refuse to accept her not being in this challengeLOL, so:

i got time i'll waitStern SmileLOL...no but reallyStern Smile
I second that! LOL....Stern Smile
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:10pm
Omgeeee! Imma bust y'all heads to the white meat for: 1. Calling me out, 2. That daggone Tracy shaking his head and saying no like that and 3. Y'all made me lol so loud and long I woke up the Hubby!! Y'all two are pure fools and I LUV it!!!

I may reconsider. But, I don't have a starting pic and honestly I just am not feeling or feening straight hair right now. If Jewels is cool with my lack of a starting pic... Then, Cleo and I are in. Holla at me Jewels!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 5:46pm
Jewel I like you new tlc program. Instead of only doing if for 6 weeks, why not make it a part of your life from now on. You don't only want to just pamper yourself for 6 only weeks do you? Your hair's worth a long term commitment isn't it?
PS LUv you're already waist length so this challenge has your name all on it....unless you're going straight for tail bone length Embarrassed

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 12 2014 at 5:49pm
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Omgeeee! Imma bust y'all heads to the white meat for: 1. Calling me out, 2. That daggone Tracy shaking his head and saying no like that and 3. Y'all made me lol so loud and long I woke up the Hubby!! Y'all two are pure fools and I LUV it!!!

I may reconsider. But, I don't have a starting pic and honestly I just am not feeling or feening straight hair right now. If Jewels is cool with my lack of a starting pic... Then, Cleo and I are in. Holla at me Jewels!

Girl, I'm calling you out 3. That Tracy graphic is hilarious!!!

Stay in the challenge. Challenges are for the challengers, not the rest of us. If you don't have a starting pic (and I might be overstepping my boundaries but hey...) as long as you know where you were when you start, just keep growing and post an update whenever you can. Don't let this derail your accountability. Keep going, Ma. Your word is good enough.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by TripleL1967 TripleL1967 wrote:

Ladies let me know how the Kanechom and Silicon mix work for you. I tried them a few months ago (yes ... YouTube and the fact that I am a product junkie doesn't bode well for my pocket book) and felt the left a tacky coating to my hair. I only tried the once but am willing to try again if you all have positive results. Does anyone still use Oil sheen in the can? I've gone green and started using the Misto cans. You use pump action to create pressure within the can to give you the spray action. I can create my own oil blends...grape seed oil, rosemary and emu or safflower with peppermint oil are my favorites...and always know exactly what I'm putting in my hair. I love the subtle scent of peppermint when the wind blows my hair across my face.

What are those Misto cans?

And emu oil on hair? I thought it was only good for body...some girls have used on their boobs.
browngirllonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browngirllonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 6:07am
Hi, All:

I'm the New Kid on the Block here! I actually found this site while researching a remedy for a problem that has come up in my nighttime hair routine...

First and foremost, luvmybiga$$fro, your reference to "busting down to the white meat" had me rolling. The Hubs and I say that all the time. LOL...

Okay, back to topic. Sorry...so I'm not sure I should be posting now, as I may have jumped the gun because I am home alone all day and don't have anyone to take pics of the back of my hair -- and I seriously suck at it, but as I write this, my hair has about four inches or so to go before it reaches my waist...

I am currently nursing, so I still take prenatal vitamins and I also take an ayuravedic herb called shatavari -- but I don't think that has sped up hair growth; I'm not taking it for hair growth.Wink I also take a spoonful of Cod live oil daily. (Omega 3s help make a healthy scalp.

I have pics and my full wash routine here:  http://www.thebrowngirlwithlonghair.com/p/about-my-hair. - http://www.thebrowngirlwithlonghair.com/p/about-my-hair.html

I want to do this challenge with you guys, but I work from home and have two little kids under the age of three, so I barely do my hair, let alone can be in the bathroom -- and be able to take updated photos without a kids hanging all over me like appendages. Can I still hang? Maybe I can get The Hubs to take a photo of the back of me once a month...
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=1269') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=20131116_bsg-pitch-unmonetized';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2014 at 11:53am
Well I did a co wash with this Kamechon. I detangled the hair while it was in and then I did not need to de tangle any more when I rinsed it out. It does have an amazing amount of slip and helps detangle a lot. I combed my hair so delicately as if it was the most precious of silk and I could not afford to tear even one fraction of one strand. I will finish my review of this conditioner once it is dry. My partner who has 4c hair has been using it since I got it with great results. Very softening. I personally think I will definitely need a protein like Aphogee 2 minute with this bc my hair is already very fragile and soft.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 61>