Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 59>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:01am
Hey guys. Sorry I'm posting my hair pics so late but I went away last week for New Years and got stuck  in the Chi. I finally got back on Monday. I chopped off about a good two inches of hair Tuesday. Too many split, damaged end. It's a new year so I want a fresh start.

The green line is where I am currently. The red is waist length. After the cut I am BSL. I'd say I have about 4-5 inches to WL.

Sponsored Links

TripleL1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleL1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:14pm
@NJoy The money I save buy not having to purchase the oil sheen is quickly spent elsewhere.

@LadyAradia I'll be awaiting the reviews. The best conditioner I've EVER used was the old formula Vidal Sassoon that came in the brown packets. I used as a teenager. It had fantastic slip, a lovely smell, and left my hair so soft and fluffy...especially in a wet set. I wish they would bring it back.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 1:54pm
i shampooed, dc, detangled, twisted and blow dried twists for about 5 minute.  working with my hairs low porosity is working well.  my hair is softer and actually dont feel the need to co-wash and rinse as often.  im also using less productThumbs Up
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:40pm
Hey Ladies, I've come to the decision that I have to sit this official challenge out and participate from the sidelines. Cleo is going through some stuff that I need to figure out.

It started with me washing her last weekend. That went well, but the product that I used to prep her for stretching her out ended drying her out(which it hadn't done previously). So, she's been shocked into a state of dryness. Plus, these really cold temps haven't been suitable for going out with damp or wet hair, so I couldn't wash during the week(which she needs).

Straightening her right now is waaaayy on the back burner til I get her moisture and shine back. So, I'll be tlc'ing her for a minute and no heat for awhile. So, I have no pics of how she did in 2013. Unofficial on stretched curly hair : WL , but I prefer to give my update on heat straightened hair bc I have way less shrinkage on heat straightened hair. But, I will continue to cheer y'all on!!!! Get em girls!!!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 3:22pm
The Kamechom Goat's Milk Conditioner came. I am gheing now with MTG sulfur oil. So, I just immediately put some on my hair and covered it back up with the conditioner cap. I am in no hurry to rinse it out because I too am giving my hair tlc for this whole year if possible.  After I co wash and use it again I will tell you what I think. I still have to buy some Silicon Mix w/ Bambu to go with this AND I will add some oil to both jars and use them together. I think I will be leaving my conditioner and oil in my hair this year for the most part and not rinsing it out ever. I will rinse it out and air dry only next co wash to tell you all what I think of these two  products used together with olive oil.
But basically my hair will be loaded with oil and conditioner in a bun on top of my head either in a conditioner cap or just a satin bonnet for the next year.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 10 2014 at 3:34pm
danelle15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danelle15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 12:29am
I have not long hair but I love too.Someone please advise me, how can I get or I have to use wigs.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 9:49am
yesterday i was loving my twists.  they were so soft and had my hands in my hair all day and just let them hang....you know theres a down side coming.

yeah i woke up this morning and my hair just seemed too soft if thats possible.  usually it take about two days for my twists to dry but because i wore them down yesterday the dried within hours.  so my twists looked a week old instead of a day old which i really love that look but i also know what that means (tangles).  i took them down and lightly remoisturized and sealed and retwisted in looser and bigger twists to stretch them out further.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

yesterday i was loving my twists.  they were so soft and had my hands in my hair all day and just let them hang....you know theres a down side coming.

yeah i woke up this morning and my hair just seemed too soft if thats possible.  usually it take about two days for my twists to dry but because i wore them down yesterday the dried within hours.  so my twists looked a week old instead of a day old which i really love that look but i also know what that means (tangles).  i took them down and lightly remoisturized and sealed and retwisted in looser and bigger twists to stretch them out further.

I hope there weren't many tangles. That word always makes me tremble in my boots...ok, slippers.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

I hope there weren't many tangles. That word always makes me tremble in my boots...ok, slippers.

no it wasnt bad just two tangles but nothing majorLOL it was just odd to wake up to old hair on new twists. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 5:27pm
I am back on monovin (but it expired last month... not sure if it will have any effect anymore).
The Indian oil is in route, but I think it will take a while to arrive here.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 59>
  Share Topic