Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:55am
jewels what relaxer do you use to texlax?
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:05pm

The Best Way to Open a Hair Cuticle

Chelating Shampoos

Chelating or deep cleansing shampoos are good for more than just removing dirt, grime and product buildup. They also are a gentle way to open a hair cuticle. Shampoos designed to deep cleanse your hair are known to fade color. Chelating shampoos are gentle and are often used before perm and straightening services.

Bring on the Heat

Heat is always helpful when opening a hair cuticle. Heat is your best bet when you get a deep conditioner or other type of treatment. You can use hot water to open the cuticle or you can apply a deep conditioner, pop on a plastic shower cap and sit under a hot dryer for several minutes. No matter what heat method you use, you’ll need to allow your hair to cool down so that the cuticle can close.

Raise the pH Level

You can raise the pH level to open a hair cuticle. This way to open a hair cuticle is often used when using permanent hair color. Don't worry -- you won't have to change the pH manually. Some hair color products use ammonia to quickly raise the pH of the hair. Keep in mind that ammonia causes considerable damage to hair. A more gentle way to raise the pH level is to use ethanolamine, an ammonia alternative, notes the Tints of Nature website.

Ways to Close the Cuticle

You cannot leave the hair cuticle open. After all, you want your hair to return to the shine that makes it a mane attraction. Cool or cold water helps to close a hair cuticle that has been opened by heat. A conditioner can also help close the cuticle because it will bring the pH level of your hair back to normal.

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:49pm
Man Tatee I feel for you Sis!! That's a lot of product you gotta give up...I'm just pm you my address tho & help you out...cause you know if they're there you might get tempted. LOL
assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 1:25pm
Thanks for posting that Tatee. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Man Tatee I feel for you Sis!! That's a lot of product you gotta give up...I'm just pm you my address tho & help you out...cause you know if they're there you might get tempted. LOL

LOL LOL LOL
k.muhammad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.muhammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 3:53pm
Okay so I have yet to post my starting picture which I will do hopefully when I get off of work tonight. In the meantime I am going to post pt.1 of my regimen. This kind of just sums it up, but if any of you are interested in my more detailed one then just ask and ill post it Smile I've made my more descriptive one a little bit more interactive so I wont forget about it. But here is pt.1 of my hair journey regimen. I have 3 parts so here ya go!

Part One (Wash Day Regimen)
1. Pre-poo by doing a hot oil treatment or by using a conditioner for at least 30 mins before I wash my hair.
2. Shampoo!
3. Tea rinse.
4. Deep condition and/or do an intense protein treatment every 6-8 weeks if needed.
5. Use the L.O.C. method to seal moisture into hair and then wrap it up for the night :)

k.muhammad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.muhammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 9:41pm
My whole regimen....I just went ahead and and put it up here. This is what I'm working with for right now.
December 2013-2014 Waist Length Hair Journey
*UPDATED*
Start date: ____________________________________________________________
Regimen:
1. Pre-poo by doing a hot oil treatment or by using a conditioner for at least 30 mins. Oils you can use: coconut oil, hemp seed oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, amla oil, avacado oil, almond oil, macadamia nut oil, argan oil, mustard seed oil. Every wash I am going to switch up between two oils to see if one works better than the other. But i do have plenty of oils that i like on my hair, so im still debating on which oils to use.
2. It's time to shampoo! Use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of mineral buildup on your scalp. Use a protein shampoo when you dont want to do a full on protein treatment and use a moisturizing shampoo when your hair feels dry.
3. After I shampoo, i am going to reap the benefits of a tea rinse. Use black tea, green tea, or a peppermint tea. 100%, no additives.
4. After my tea rinse, use a deep conditioning (or an intense protein treatment if needed) treatment for at least 30 mins.
5. Don't forget to moisturize and seal my hair using the L.O.C. or the L.O.C.O. method!
6. Please list your shampoos/conditioners/L.O.C. items here:
 Hot oil treatment oil #1: __________________________________________________
 Hot oil treatment oil #2: __________________________________________________
 Clarifying shampoo: ______________________________________________________
 Moisturizing shampoo: ____________________________________________________
 Protein Shampoo: _________________________________________________________
 Conditioner (s): ___________________________________________________________
 Deep conditioning treatment: ______________________________________________
 Protein Treatment: _______________________________________________________
 Tea rinse choice: _________________________________________________________
 L.O.C. Method choices:  ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
7. Remember to wrap my hair everynight in different directions every other day. If you wrap your hair the same way everytime your hair will grow longer on one side than the other.
8. Use minimal hair styling tools and little manipulation with hair. Use a seamless comb if you feel the need to style your hair. You want to try and minimize how much you touch your hair to reduce unneccesary fallout.
9. Take any vitamins/supplements. I'm using Hairfinity right now, but i will not start my bottle until i start my hair journey. The recomended dosage is 2 pills a day.
10. Use protective styling. Braids, updos, etc.
If i need to add anything else to this I will....but this is what my regimen is for the meantime :)
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:33am
this was my first shampoo using some of the techniques ive been learning for low porosity hair and ive gotten some pretty positive results so far.  first i thoroughly rinsed my hair with warm water and shampooed with my diluted shampoo mix.   i DC'd with a cheap protein free condition mix made with shea butter and baking soda. i then coated it with an oil (10 minutes).  i rinsed with warm water and applied magnesium oil, detangled and rinsed.  i added a dime size amount of the cheap protein free condition to each quarter section of my hair, applied my leave-in, a few drops of oil and  twisted in 10 twists. afterward i blow dried my hair in the twists for about 10 minutes to open my cuticles to absorb the products.  my hair turned out extremely soft, without the feel of product residue which i love.
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:03pm
Hi. This is my first time posting here, I usually stay in body types, but this is my exact hair goal for 2014 so I would like to join
My hair is currently 17" from the nape of my neck to the end of my longest layer pulled straight so a bit past my breasts. I'd like my hair to be hip length with NO split ends and thicker. I don't have a solid regimen yet but I'll look through the threads to get more info.
Currently I'm just washing my hair with a thickening shampoo and loreal conditioner every few days. Then I apply argon oil. I've also been avoiding styling with heat and taking a women's multi with extra biotin. Once it gets here, I'll start using a derma roller on my scalp to promote hair growth.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:55pm
Attempted a thorough detangling to flat iron for NYE but, I was rushing so I stopped. It's mostly detangled. I'll finish tomorrow and, hopefully, flow out or flat iron my hair and post my starting pic.

In the meantime, dropping by to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 52>