My whole regimen....I just went ahead and and put it up here. This is what I'm working with for right now.
December 2013-2014 Waist Length Hair Journey
Start date: ____________________________________________________________
1. Pre-poo by doing a hot oil treatment or by using a conditioner for at least 30 mins. Oils you can use: coconut oil, hemp seed oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, amla oil, avacado oil, almond oil, macadamia nut oil, argan oil, mustard seed oil. Every wash I am going to switch up between two oils to see if one works better than the other. But i do have plenty of oils that i like on my hair, so im still debating on which oils to use.
2. It's time to shampoo! Use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of mineral buildup on your scalp. Use a protein shampoo when you dont want to do a full on protein treatment and use a moisturizing shampoo when your hair feels dry.
3. After I shampoo, i am going to reap the benefits of a tea rinse. Use black tea, green tea, or a peppermint tea. 100%, no additives.
4. After my tea rinse, use a deep conditioning (or an intense protein treatment if needed) treatment for at least 30 mins.
5. Don't forget to moisturize and seal my hair using the L.O.C. or the L.O.C.O. method!
6. Please list your shampoos/conditioners/L.O.C. items here:
Hot oil treatment oil #1: __________________________________________________
Hot oil treatment oil #2: __________________________________________________
Clarifying shampoo: ______________________________________________________
Moisturizing shampoo: ____________________________________________________
Protein Shampoo: _________________________________________________________
Conditioner (s): ___________________________________________________________
Deep conditioning treatment: ______________________________________________
Protein Treatment: _______________________________________________________
Tea rinse choice: _________________________________________________________
L.O.C. Method choices: ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________
7. Remember to wrap my hair everynight in different directions every other day. If you wrap your hair the same way everytime your hair will grow longer on one side than the other.
8. Use minimal hair styling tools and little manipulation with hair. Use a seamless comb if you feel the need to style your hair. You want to try and minimize how much you touch your hair to reduce unneccesary fallout.
9. Take any vitamins/supplements. I'm using Hairfinity right now, but i will not start my bottle until i start my hair journey. The recomended dosage is 2 pills a day.
10. Use protective styling. Braids, updos, etc.
If i need to add anything else to this I will....but this is what my regimen is for the meantime :)