Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 52>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by hautsdeseine hautsdeseine wrote:

Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

S&F there are many vendors of this on www.Mercadolivre.com.br
On a side note, this is nothing more than vitamin a 2,000,000 iu in oil. I am searching for that locally.

Yeah but you wont have the bepanthol nor the tonico dourada.
I would like to have that product as well. What if we ask on here if there are brazilians and we paypal them?

hautsdeseine, if you have just the monovin a, it is enough! the bepantol is to hydrate your hair (and lips) and the tonic is called gota dourada, I actually used it for 2 months, you can find it on amazon. i made a post about it on the Hair Growth for Newbies page, on the 2013 topic about waist length hair challenge.

And like I mentioned before, mercadolivre is the Brazilian ebay, but most of them only ship in Brazil, and the ones who ship overseas do not ship to the US. AND you need to have an account in Brazil, they do not offer paypal yet.
Sponsored Links

MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 1:27pm
This sounds like some new stuff. I like new things. What is this monovin a, bepanthol, gota dourada you speak of?

Edited by MinnieMe - Oct 14 2013 at 1:28pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 11:53pm
ok, i got today extra virgin olive oi, so I am doing the inversion technique with EVOO+ 100% coconut oil + 100% castor oil. I do it for 3 minutes after I massage the oils on my scalp.
I am still using monovin in my shampoo three times a week. If the inversion technique REALLY makes your hair grow 1 inch a week, I will probably have 6"++ growth a month.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 2:38pm
I'm going to post what I post in the 2013 thread here as well for record purposes...LOL.

Anyway I'm frustrated. My hair feels good, seems healthy, but my ends are shot. I look back and my hair was doing so well, but I fell off & it shows. I have a super duper inverted V and even though I trimmed, I would have to take off about 6" to get it even. Which I don't think I'm ready to do. So most likely in Dec/Jan I'll cut some more & TLC my ends. With rollersets I can't get to the back of my hair, and when it's in a bun I think It's a lot of stress on the ends...I'm going to do loose buns and do deep DC's every weekend. sulfur & baby these ends...

.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 1:39pm
I was at BSL inching towards MBL before my recent trim (about a week ago). Now I'm at APL. Let's see... from now to December 31, 2014 would be about 7 inches of growth if I never trimmed and retained every inch...that would put me at WL...

It's a long shot but I'm joining! Lol.  I'm way too disappointed in the fact that I'm not WL by now b/c I was being lazy and strayed from my hair journey.  I haven't been a frequent poster in this section in YEARS. 

Edited by .hott.pink. - Oct 16 2013 at 1:40pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by MinnieMe MinnieMe wrote:

This sounds like some new stuff. I like new things. What is this monovin a, bepanthol, gota dourada you speak of?

monovin is a product you can only get in Brazil; it has 2 million IU of vitamin A, and some people have seen 2 inches+ growth monthly. Again, you can only get in Brazil, or Brazilian websites if you have an account there to purchase.

Bepanthol can hydrate your hair; you can buy on ebay.

Gota Dourada you can buy on amazon, it costs 10 bucks with shipping. You have to use for 3 months to see growth. I used it for 2 months, but I have seen pics (in Brazilian websites, just go on brazilian google). You apply 3x a week, leave it on your scalp for 2 hours. It smells bad, like garlic. I posted about it on the Hair Growth Newbies section, on the 2013 waist length challenge thread.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

monovin is a product you can only get in Brazil; it has 2 million IU of vitamin A, and some people have seen 2 inches+ growth monthly. Again, you can only get in Brazil, or Brazilian websites if you have an account there to purchase.

Gota Dourada you can buy on amazon, it costs 10 bucks with shipping. You have to use for 3 months to see growth. I used it for 2 months, but I have seen pics (in Brazilian websites, just go on brazilian google). You apply 3x a week, leave it on your scalp for 2 hours. It smells bad, like garlic. I posted about it on the Hair Growth Newbies section, on the 2013 waist length challenge thread.
I was curious too.  Did some digging...

monovin a is an injectable product given to horses to grow horse hair.  Apparently some are mixing it with salt-free shampoo for growth but there's no known long term data for risks associated with this.  No wonder it's not allowed here.  But I won't act like we haven't looked to horse products before. But this seems to be veterinary medication.  Um...yikes. 

The panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) in the Bepanthol cream is what moisturizes.

Gota Dourada seems to be a Brazillian Keratin product line.  Strengthening.

Is this correct?

BTW, your avi pic is sick!! (and I mean that in a good way. Clap)

Edited by NJoy - Oct 16 2013 at 8:17pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 4:10pm
If you are not part of the 1 inch in 1 week challenge, I advise you to try.
I joined that challenge 8 days ago. If I missed a day, I would do the oil + inversion twice the following day. I started only with coconut oil, then coconut + castor oil and for the past few days I do it with 100% pure coconut oil + 100% castor oil + EVOO. I do the inversion technique sitting down for 3 minutes.

I took pictures today to compare with the pic I posted on the first page of this thread, but I have been trying for 2 hours to upload those pics Angry, instead I will just tell you guys the result: my hair grew one inch in one week!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

monovin a is an injectable product given to horses to grow horse hair.  Apparently some are mixing it with salt-free shampoo for growth but there's no known long term data for risks associated with this.  No wonder it's not allowed here.  But I won't act like we haven't looked to horse products before. But this seems to be veterinary medication.  Um...yikes. 

Is this correct?

Thanks, but that is not me, it is a pic from Shaneka Adams.

Yes, bepanthol is panthenol, but Gota Dourada is used to avoid hair to fall. Some have seen growth, some not. It is made of garlic. I found pics of girls who did gain growth, but much less pics if compared to results of monovin a. Yes, monovin a is a product for horses, to make their tails grow. It only sells in veterinary stores there, not on beauty stores, that's why you cannot buy it from here. You need someone to bring from Brazil.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 9:09pm

Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Is this correct?

Thanks, but that is not me, it is a pic from Shaneka Adams.

Yes, bepanthol is panthenol, but Gota Dourada is used to avoid hair to fall. Some have seen growth, some not. It is made of garlic. I found pics of girls who did gain growth, but much less pics if compared to results of monovin a. Yes, monovin a is a product for horses, to make their tails grow. It only sells in veterinary stores there, not on beauty stores, that's why you cannot buy it from here. You need someone to bring from Brazil.

Thanks for the info, Sis.  I hear good things about garlic. I think it's mainly the sulfur content of garlic, and onions for that matter, that helps with growth.

And Lord knows, the internet is not unfamiliar with using horse products to grow hair.  Either we're using their products to grow it or we're sewing it on. LOL....   Ouch  My bad.  *snickers*

Thanks for sharing the info. Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System