Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 8:47am
KKNT, shea moisture coconut hibiscus curl smoothie, organic coldpressed/unrefined avocado oil, and devacurl firm gel

really loving the avocado oil, very moisturizing! definitely my favorite oil next to sweet almond oil.  
the longest portion of my hair is now JUST about at bra strap length. Wink
feb-june APL to BSL
shrinkage is a b*tch Shocked

Edited by slimmacee23 - Jun 23 2014 at 8:48am
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:01pm
Beautiful curls and color, Slimmaccee23! Clap

Yesterday was my birthday and I pretty much lounged around with my family taking care of me. Ergo, I did nothing with my hair all yesterday and so far today.

I'm not sure what I'm about to do about it but, I suppose I'll figure it out when I take down this loose bun.  I'll probably end up detoxing, DC'g, M&S'g and applying my hair growth oil ....just because I want to do something and it's not too late...for once. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:01pm
Interesting info about @!LadyAradia
Your curls are soooo pretty @slimmacee, and they look super hydrated
happy belated birthday njoy!

well, my deep conditioning cream ended so I purchase today Yucca & Baobab Anti Breakage Masque w/ Biotin & Bamboo Extract from Shea Moisture. I always wanted to try this brand, and this masque was the cheapest one. The ingredients' list is nice, and I will be trying it out today.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:51pm
I just found out that my African Black Soap (that I use for my face!) ended, so I decided to buy more from the seller and discovered that they also sell Shea Butter, so I purchased 4oz. The total for 4oz of each product came up to 9 dollars plus free shipping!

I am going to try out the recipe on the video LadyAradia posted, but without adding so many oils, because my hair looks really greasy if I mix too many.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 4:57pm
QuestionQuestion: what do you guys use on split ends? I am going to try almond oil for now, but was wondering if anyone has better tips.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:35pm
Good afternoon, Ladies.

I did a thorough detangling 4 days ago, which gave me an opportunity to put my hair back in twists. This is always a fun low manip style for me. I usually will put my twists in a protective style to.  But, I love the bouncy, stretchy feel of twists on natural hair. I LOVE it! I baggy nightly while using my growth oil and my hair remains uber moisturized.  I do have to stay on top of this tho because if I don't take my twists down to finger detangle to remove sheds, my hair starts tangling within the twist.  I don't do all at once.  I may redo a few at a time and then more later. That makes it easier for me, as long as I don't get lazy.

To make my low manip style protective, I keep my ends tucked. So, I'm wearing it in buns, french braid with my ends tucked or flat twisted around my head with the ends tucked under the flat twists on the opposite side.

I do wear my hair in high ponytails too. I don't consider that true protective but, it does keep my hair from rubbing on my clothes. And it's SO fun to have a high ponytail full of twists. They're like heavy curls and I'm swinging them everywhere. LOL

It has been 4 days and today's wash day so, I'll definitely have to redo at least some but, who knows.  Maybe I'll go ahead and redo all...later.  But this is going to be my go to style for now. Now to avoid the temptation of doing a twistout.  Who knows.  Maybe for July 4th.  Ehn.  We'll see.

SexyandFamous. I make and sell a pre-poo and seal oil that I use that protects the integrity of my ends.  Plus, I'm getting back to serious protective styling.

(ugh! I have the most problems getting my posts to go thru on this site. )
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:19pm
I might take my twist down this week... My husband will be in town and he was just complaining about how long it's been since he have seen my curls...

Maybe just maybe... But I know for sure they are coming down in 2 weeks. I gotta let my strands breathe for a week or so. And then I'm sewing a wig down for this wedding I'm in... 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:54pm
update: I tried the almond oil on my ends, but they looked super dried, and they curled up like I had been electrocuted or something, so I am going to finish the MABH oil by using it on my ends, since the smell won't be so intense.

and thanks njoy, I just checked the video you posted - very interestingWink
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:02pm
Hey Ladies! Just catching up and updating. Cleo has entered her annual Summer Growth Phase. This early high heat and humidity is her BFF! But, she's making Luv's scalp itch like crazy. Nope, no dirty scalp- just to be clear. I keep a clean scalp and experience this every yr.

So, back to letting Cleo out once work is over. Been rocking plenty of well moisturized puffs as of late. I need to let her breathe which alleviates the itchies. But, I also have to deal with the feeling of feeling my hair grow out of my scalp (best way I can call it). Scalp is tender when I gather my hair together. So, yeah, Ms. Cleo up to something!
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:41pm
I gave my scalp a good scrub down with acv. I was getting buildup from my mn mix and sweating. My twist feel clean and light. My skin is still on some bs. Clearing up and then I look up and I got clogged pores. No bumps just blackheads. I'm trying out a regime before I resort back to the derm, it's taking my Retin A longer to clear up my skin this time. Le sigh. Atleast my hair is long lol 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 61>