Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by .hott.pink. .hott.pink. wrote:

I was at BSL inching towards MBL before my recent trim (about a week ago). Now I'm at APL. Let's see... from now to December 31, 2014 would be about 7 inches of growth if I never trimmed and retained every inch...that would put me at WL...

It's a long shot but I'm joining! Lol.  I'm way too disappointed in the fact that I'm not WL by now b/c I was being lazy and strayed from my hair journey.  I haven't been a frequent poster in this section in YEARS. 

You just convinced me.  By this logic, I should be able to join this challenge.  It will also give me a thread to check up on habitually throughout the year.  As a freshman in college, I figured I'd be waist length by the time I graduated.  Well that came and past and the scissors came along too---more than a few times.

My starting length is APL.  My regimen will be to Keep it Simple Sista with lots of water rinses, finger and wide tooth comb detangling, co-washes, weekly or fortnightly shampoos, virgin oils and conditioner for leave-in.

I don't personally use any heat on my hair.  I haven't even looked at my blow dryer in over six months.

Can I post my photo in December?
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 9:55am
ive been trying to think what i want to do with this challenge in terms of my goals for the year.  i have a couple of options but im no sure which road to take right now.  for 2013 my main goal was to maintain waist length while cutting off my texurized ends throughout the year so that i would end the year once again at waist length.  im wondering if i should continue this course for 2014 or just cut of  three inches at the start of the challenge and get it out the way.  i have two months to decide but as im writing this the answer became clear but follow through is another issue....to be continuedLOL
Shavonne Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shavonne Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 1:54pm
I was referred to this forum by a friend of mine and I was instantly drawn in to the amount of knowledge everyone has as well as the amount of resources that this site seems to offer! My hair is approximately 3 years transitioned to natural and I would LOVE a lot more growth, as well as increased hair health!! Not sure if this was the right way to go about it, but I would like to join a challenge(Don't think the waist length one is feasible considering the length of my hair)... How do I get started?

Thank you in advance for your time and information!!!
Shavonne
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 4:44am
tatee, whatever you decide...TAKE PICTURES MAMA!! LOLClap

Shavonne welcome. I'm glad you found BHM there is a wealth of info on here, you just have to dig around. There is a natural hair section as well as most of the other challenges have a mix of ladies, both natural and chemically treated. Depending on where your hair is (and what you feel comfortable with commiting to) you should find a challenge to fit you! This particular challenge started a little earlier (you are welcome to join/stay) but others will be starting too with all different length challenges. APL-arm pit length, BSL-bra strap, MBL-mid back, etc...hope you have fun HHG-happy hair growth/growing!! LOL
Shavonne Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shavonne Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 8:09am
Thanks! I'm guessing my goal then is a healthy apl....I'm there but need to get it trimmed I believe....going to look around
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 2:54pm
Hot pink & Kris welcome!! The last week in Dec is when we'll be posting pictures.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2013 at 3:35pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 7:01am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 7:32am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 7:55am
*purchases popcorn* can't wait to get home & watch & take notes...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 61>
  Share Topic