Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 10:10am
Njoy, I don't have a fave poo yet. Still experimenting but I want to find something with the least amount of harsh chemicals. The chelating shampoo i got works real well but that obviously is not for every wash. And I prepoo when I have time which isn't often.
S&f, I use bigsexyhair and redken which both have really harsh chemicals and alcohols :/ but so far they have been the best styling products I've tried. I do want to try dove since it's supposed to be healthier but I've tried "healthy" and "all natural" products before and they have done nothing for my style. I want long healthy hair but I still want to be able to style it too
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 10:45am
Brazilian Babe what type of kink or curl pattern do you have?  I think chelating shampoos are about the harshest stripping /cleansing agent you can find. They strip the hair within a milimeter of its life of all natural emollients. Asians who have very oily hair and like it very dried out use those and other really harsh shampoos. I think most African Americans have VERY DRY HAIR naturally because the natural oils from the scalp can not get to the length of our hair due to the coils. We would find our hair like a brillo pad as far as dryness if we used stripping agents like that on a regular basis. Then the hair would become brittle and crumble or just fall out from lack of oils, nutrients and vital moisture. I know some people who have hard water have to use them supposedly but that would be  MURDER on the hair to have to use chelating shampoos more than once imo. Maybe you have very oily hair? If not I would not recommend anyone else on here use chelating shampoos much less all those other harsh cleansers unless they are trying to get something very harsh out of their hair and only one time.   But do what works for you BB! Maybe you have MUCH oilier hair than most?

I would only tell a black person to use a harsh stripping agent like that on a regular basis if I wanted to see them BALD or with very dry brittle hair that would fall out quickly. Since I don't feel that way about anyone I would recommend much gentler forms of cleansing for dry,delicate AA hair.

PS You are talking about some VERY DAMAGING things for the hair: SALT, baking soda, chelating shampoos. These all will destroy AA hair!!! Most of us have to stay very far from all of these things on a regular basis. Do you have very oily, naturally straight hair?  If not please consider using more healthy products on your hair than these you've been discussing lately.
PSS I just had to rush and soak my hair in some glycerine and oil. Hearing about all these drying and stripping agents made my hair have an anxiety attack and hurt LOL

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 18 2014 at 11:17am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:38pm
A good daily moisture spray mist could include: water, Vegetable glycerine, and a natural oil (possibly aloe vera juice). Maybe rosemary and/or peppermint essential oils which are good for hair growth.

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 18 2014 at 3:19pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 11:26am
Dont be afraid of hydrolysed protein. It actually helps moisturize the hair. This is what is in apHogee 
"In moisture terms:
1. Hydrolysed protein delays the exit of water from hair
2. Hair treated with hydrolysed protein will retain moisture for longer 

Further studies revealed that hydrolysed protein can actually penetrate hair (J Cosmet Sci, pg 193-203, 2000). The extent of this penetration varies with how damaged the hair is. Damage could mean old hair at the tip or damage due to bleaching/relaxing. The more damaged the hair, the more the penetration of the hydrolysed protein. "

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2010/03/moisture-issue-proteins-and-moisture.html
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 1:01pm
remember i was telling you guys that ive experience breakage from high buns and knotting scarves.  i decided to document it to hold myself accountable, unless i actually pay attention im not going to remedy the situation.

now this is something that i notice a couple a months ago and thought was a little strange but didnt pay a lot of attention to it.  this may have been a  small bald spot that grew in but im not certain. it grew in a with a looser texture than the surrounding hair and usually when that happens  its from a bald spot growing in:

to remedy the issue i decided to protect the area by keeping it moisturized and braiding it into a band.  this will be easy this week since my hair is straightened and its easy to style around the band. 

i also mentioned that i keep the nape in twist and its been growing out nicely but no need to document since i started that journey months go. and lets face yah already know i cant take pics of the back of my headLOL

Edited by tatee - Feb 19 2014 at 1:03pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:10pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 8:35pm
I have been sooo lazy. I did not oil my hair at all the past 5 days. I need to do it tonight.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 9:35pm
Hair is looking a feeling gooood. I cut of my split ends, been taking my meds, and following the advice s&f and tatee gave me some pages ago and my hair strands are def thicker and smoother. Ima give it another 2 weeks tho before I start trying to speed up growth. I want to focus on getting my hair real strong and moisturized before I do anything else.
Oh and I did check the ingredients in my hair products some time ago. I use bigsexyhair and redken so pretty harsh ingredients but they do what I want them to do and non of the natural or healthy products have worked for me in the past. I do want to try dove once I run out of my current stuff.
And u should only use chelating shampoo once or twice a month and only if u have hard water which I do. The water where I live is really bad. U need 2-3 water purifiers just to think about drinking it. Most ppl just buy water tho. Plus u need a water purifier to shower in it and u need to keep those machines filled with a certain salt. Don't have salt, cant shower. And there is soooooo much chlorine. I literally reek of chlorine 24/7. I personally noticed a difference. The first 2 days, my hair did feel a little dry, but now it feels like how it does when I was in brazil.

Edited by Brazilianbabe - Feb 19 2014 at 9:38pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 6:24pm
I think tomorrow will be a DC kindaof evening. I notice with heartless, stretched hair she becomes drier faster and more often. So, gotta DC more. But, I kindaof miss my puff. So, next week will be puff luv.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Feb 20 2014 at 6:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 8:37pm
So a couple weeks ago I mentioned I was struggling with hairless and was taking medication for it. Well today I was running my fingers through my hair to try to get a lose strand to make a slide so I could view my hair under a microscope. I couldn't get not 1 hair! I eventually had to snip the tip of one of my strands cuz I wasn't shedding at all.
After observing my hair I really do have really low porosity. But it did look a lot healthier and moisturized.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 61>
  Share Topic