Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH & HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 52>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:51am
My hair feels alot thicker today. The chelating poo really dried out my ends tho. Used the satin cap last night. Don't know if it really helped or not. I gues my hair is a bit smoother. I'll try capping tonight maybe to condition these ends. Tonight I probably won't wash (even tho I'm supposed to) to give my hair a break. Then tomorrow I'll try adding salt to my condish unless anyone knows if salt and baking soda together is a big no no.
This weekend I'm getting an actual leave in. I've been using argon oil serum and it just doesn't moitsurize as well.
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:13pm
Well, well, well, I have good news, and all thanks to the MABH oil! I had noticed that my edges were thinning (probably from too much hair pulling for ponytails on bad-day-hair), so I followed the advice from the girl who sells the oil and applied it where the hair was thinning and massaged a bit, less than a minute, 3x a week.

Today I pulled my hair back to check (just now I remembered to check) and there is a lot of hair there now! I didn't even notice it growing! I could see my scalp and now it is all dark again, covered in hair!

I am so happy!!!!!!!!SmilePartyApproveThumbs Up
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:03pm
Just want to say it outloud.  Natural hair maintenance is an adjustment for someone who is hair lazy, like myself.  Sheesh. Ouch
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Brazilianbabe Brazilianbabe wrote:

My hair feels alot thicker today. The chelating poo really dried out my ends tho. Used the satin cap last night. Don't know if it really helped or not. I gues my hair is a bit smoother. I'll try capping tonight maybe to condition these ends. Tonight I probably won't wash (even tho I'm supposed to) to give my hair a break. Then tomorrow I'll try adding salt to my condish unless anyone knows if salt and baking soda together is a big no no. 
This weekend I'm getting an actual leave in. I've been using argon oil serum and it just doesn't moitsurize as well.

salt & baking soda to a conditionerShocked sound more damaging than sea swimming to me. I thought the baking soada was only to open the  cuticles of those with non porous hair and only during  severe cleansings!Pinch... not conditioning of any sort.  Do you have really oily, moist,limp hair you're trying to dry out, FRY,crisp up and frizz up or something? Personally I have very DRY hair, so I just cleanse with gentle conditioner ONLY and only every week or two. "Conditioning" w/ salt and baking soda seems drying and for someone with OILY LIMP hair only imo. Not usually for AA hair at all. Baking soda abrades or roughens up the cuticles... A no no for most..more like damaging than conditioning. And salt is DRYING and sucks moisture out of hair. Ouch So a recipe to FRY the hair imo. Please tell me you're kidding! (But good only if your hair is too moist. Shocked) You see what salt does to the roads and to car's finishes after a snow? You seriously want to put that in your hair ???? Shocked
And the  satin bonnet just protects from tangles, drying cotton fabrics and friction. It's the plastic cap that traps in moisture for GreenHouse Effect 
I sleep w/2 of these & a satin bonnet on top some nights to trap in heat & moisture (ghe)
PS I had to look it up and I read that white people do spray salt water in their hair to dry it out some so it will look fuller and to make their straight hair draw up a little and frizz a little more to get '"beach waves" So yeah it will dry your hair, frizz it and make it shrink into a slight wave if you have naturally limp straight hair. This makes me realize I have TOTALLY different hair needs than white folk.. They are TRYING to  fry their hair to make it look a little fuller LOL
That's also why I ignore them when they say silicone is "bad" for the hair. They want things like salt to draw their hair up, dry it out and and give it some damaged/ body when I want something oily or coating to sleek it and make it look silkier. We just approaching hair needs from opposite directions due to opposite needs.

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 14 2014 at 5:10am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:32am
Well I hope everyone is safe & dry! My hair & I have had a falling out...I mean literally a falling out!! I went to lush to buy the henna & they didn't have the indigo...so I ended up buying some adore rinse in blue black. Well I thought it would be okay since it's a rinse which will wash out in a few washes...Did a wash & set...and for the past few days, I'm seeing breakage of like 2-3" strands in the sink. I'm so freaking up set because I thought this would be a safe alternative to a semi or demi without the developer. Welp I was wrong. I just ordered the henna from amazon & the Dominican conditioner & silicon mix. I'm going to get a good leave-in, either nexxus or Redken HOPEFULLY that will end this breakage. If not, my goal has once again been compromised.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Feb 14 2014 at 6:06am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 6:13am
Jewels that was painful to read.  i hope those products work for you.  do you think an oil rinse might help at this point?  man, i dont even know what to say i just keep imaging 2-3" strands falling and my chest caving in.  i cant offer anything so im just gonna send hugsHugHugHugHeart
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Well I hope everyone is safe & dry! My hair & I have had a falling out...I mean literally a falling out!! I went to lush to buy the henna & they didn't have the indigo...so I ended up buying some adore rinse in blue black. Well I thought it would be okay since it's a rinse which will wash out in a few washes...Did a wash & set...and for the past few days, I'm seeing breakage of like 2-3" strands in the sink. I'm so freaking up set because I thought this would be a safe alternative to a semi or demi without the developer. Welp I was wrong. I just ordered the henna from amazon & the Dominican conditioner & silicon mix. I'm going to get a good leave-in, either nexxus or Redken HOPEFULLY that will end this breakage. If not, my goal has once again been compromised. 
Jewel I am so sorry Hug
I know you are texlaxed so your protein is compromised. Aphogee 2 step always stops severe breakage. Just follow the instructions on it. Stinks like rotten eggs. You have to dry it on the hair. THEN rinse the hard glue like stinking coating off and follow with their 2nd step which is an intense moisturizing product. Follow that with some coconut oil on wet hair. and do some heatless style like a rollerset or something.  
And YES I think the silicone mix will help you too because it fills in the cuticles of damaged, compromised hair and helps to mend damaged structure. But please do the Aphogee 2 STEP system first.
Keep your hair lubricated with coconut oil which contains protein AND moisture in one soothing/ strengthening product. Good luck with the body art henna w/ indigo. That can dry the hair too, so mix some oil and a little conditioner with it instead of using it straight. That's called a henna GLAZE
Good luck  lady 
Rx: Aphgee 2 step 
Coconut oil on wet hair and no heat styling
Silicone mix/ Dominican conditioners 
later a henna GLAZE that is heavy with oil in the mix.

PS I am in your shoes! I slacked off of my protein treatment once a month thinking I was natural but I still have relaxer on the ends. When I slacked off protein and oils for a few months my relaxed tips did the SAME THING! Some hair just NEEDs strengthening products in order to stay on your head 

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 14 2014 at 8:34am
Brazilianbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brazilianbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Originally posted by Brazilianbabe Brazilianbabe wrote:

salt & baking soda to a conditionerShocked sound more damaging than sea swimming to me. I thought the baking soada was only to open the  cuticles of those with non porous hair and only during  severe cleansings!Pinch... not conditioning of any sort.  Do you have really oily, moist,limp hair you're trying to dry out, FRY,crisp up and frizz up or something? Personally I have very DRY hair, so I just cleanse with gentle conditioner ONLY and only every week or two. "Conditioning" w/ salt and baking soda seems drying and for someone with OILY LIMP hair only imo. Not usually for AA hair at all. Baking soda abrades or roughens up the cuticles... A no no for most..more like damaging than conditioning. And salt is DRYING and sucks moisture out of hair. Ouch So a recipe to FRY the hair imo. Please tell me you're kidding! (But good only if your hair is too moist. Shocked) You see what salt does to the roads and to car's finishes after a snow? You seriously want to put that in your hair ???? Shocked
And the  satin bonnet just protects from tangles, drying cotton fabrics and friction. It's the plastic cap that traps in moisture for GreenHouse Effect 
I sleep w/2 of these & a satin bonnet on top some nights to trap in heat & moisture (ghe)
PS I had to look it up and I read that white people do spray salt water in their hair to dry it out some so it will look fuller and to make their straight hair draw up a little and frizz a little more to get '"beach waves" So yeah it will dry your hair, frizz it and make it shrink into a slight wave if you have naturally limp straight hair. This makes me realize I have TOTALLY different hair needs than white folk.. They are TRYING to  fry their hair to make it look a little fuller LOL
That's also why I ignore them when they say silicone is "bad" for the hair. They want things like salt to draw their hair up, dry it out and and give it some damaged/ body when I want something oily or coating to sleek it and make it look silkier. We just approaching hair needs from opposite directions due to opposite needs.

I use baking soda to open my hair's cuticle so the dc can get in. Tatee recommended it and it's been working for me. My hair is actually absorbing it now. I only want to try adding salt cuz I saw a thread on here about it and it seemed to do wonders for someone's hair.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:23am
The Cherry Lola treatment calls for baking soda too. I'm scared to abrade my cuticles any more so I leave it out, especially since my hair is already very porous and fragile. I don't want another setback. Maybe I will try it one day with the bs, but I'm scared. Everyone's hair has different needs.
I researched some more on salt and apparently some black people use it to cause their hair to  dred lock so yeah it does make the hair dryer and to draw up tighter if that's what you are looking for.
I will stay away from that too because I am not trying to get my hair to lock lol.

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 14 2014 at 11:55am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:59am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Jewel I am so sorry Hug
I know you are texlaxed so your protein is compromised. Aphogee 2 step always stops severe breakage. Just follow the instructions on it. Stinks like rotten eggs. You have to dry it on the hair. THEN rinse the hard glue like stinking coating off and follow with their 2nd step which is an intense moisturizing product. Follow that with some coconut oil on wet hair. and do some heatless style like a rollerset or something.  
And YES I think the silicone mix will help you too because it fills in the cuticles of damaged, compromised hair and helps to mend damaged structure. But please do the Aphogee 2 STEP system first.
Keep your hair lubricated with coconut oil which contains protein AND moisture in one soothing/ strengthening product. Good luck with the body art henna w/ indigo. That can dry the hair too, so mix some oil and a little conditioner with it instead of using it straight. That's called a henna GLAZE
Good luck  lady 
Rx: Aphgee 2 step 
Coconut oil on wet hair and no heat styling
Silicone mix/ Dominican conditioners 
later a henna GLAZE that is heavy with oil in the mix.

PS I am in your shoes! I slacked off of my protein treatment once a month thinking I was natural but I still have relaxer on the ends. When I slacked off protein and oils for a few months my relaxed tips did the SAME THING! Some hair just NEEDs strengthening products in order to stay on your head 
Thanks Lady! I have some aphogee too. I have to make sure I have the balancing stuff to put on after. I'll do that later tonight.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 52>