since my hair was behaving so way today i decided to straighten it. im thinking this year i should straighten my hair more frequently than 4 times a year so that i can monitor more closely my progress or pitfalls.
this time while doing my hair a actually paid attention to it and here are my observations:
1. i have about 3 or 4 different textures
2. the hair at my crown is coarse and wirey yet it breaks easier and i retain less length in that area. i have to pay closer attention to this area because its the easiest to just hide away in a bun or pony. more moisture is also need and this is also the only area that can handle thicker products. this area also requires gentler combing which is unfortunate since it also the hardest area to reach properly so im more prone to rush this area along. keeping this section in twists helps retain length.
3. the hair around the back perimeter near my ears are looser texture and retains the most length of my entire head and not a lot attention is required.
4. my hair in the front remains at the same face framing length. possibly from buns or being constantly being dampened and smoothed. i havent thought of a plan to remedy this yet. i like buns. maybe i should start braiding the perimeter?
5. breakage around the nape and hair line. the breakage at the nape has improved since december because i constantly keep it moisturized and in twists. the hair in front has broken off even worse since december. possibly from knotting scarves and high buns. even though i love fashion scarves i'll let them go for now.
6. i had less ssk than last straightening session in dec. in fact this session there were only a few. yay for me i did something right
. i kept my ends heavily moisturized and twirled the ends when in twists. it worked.
7. stay positive and be good to what you love.