Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH and HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH and HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 69>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:34pm
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 9:32pm
Tatee, I'm 100 yrs late but, love the bun, hon.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:31am
Thanks, NJoyTongue

*warning* the following is mid-morning rant after a night of very little sleep.  dont even bother reading.

so, i decided once again to skip a weeks washing *shrug* and opted through some obvious predawn delirium to detangle my hair and twist insteadStern Smile  now the retwisting thing is something i do on a regular so thats not the problem but what demon possessed me detangle...that aint me. 

so i parted my hair and whipped out my detangling spray, deciding to actually use it for its intended purpose.

fast forward one hour later and im standing in the mirror with sore legs, a sink full of shed hair and feeling just a little bit demoralized, thinking what the hell did i do that for...no reallyStern Smile.  what was the purpose of all that.  this just isnt me...i just cantLOL im just not the chick who spends time detangling hair just because the spirit moves me...im just not.  if its not a wash day...yeah we wont be revisiting this again.

and i get that this flaw in my character my inhibit my reaching my goal length but you know what *shrugs* i dont care.  i need to be happy and part of what makes me happy is being lazy and cautiously care-free with my hair.  man, i cant be that and have a conscience tooLOL

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:51am
Pretty hair Tatee
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Pretty hair Tatee

Embarrassed thank you
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 12:47am

Coconut Milk as a conditioner

She uses it in a spray bottle as a leave in

I will spray it on and leave in with coconut oil

can be frozen in cubes to store

I learned that the Bragg liquid aminos that I used are a hydrolized soy protein which absolutely can enter the hair strand and bond inside. This is why I have felt the real benefits of adding it to my other conditioners like yogurt, oils and now coconut milk 

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 10 2014 at 9:09am
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 1:01am
So with this kooky cold weather and trying not to do anything with my hair, I've been pretty bored lately. I mean really, the last interesting thing that I did was a trim.

So, I've started shopping for hair toys. I bought some hairsticks from etsy. Meh. That'll be cool when I start wearing buns again...whenever it warms up. So last night I ordered 5 flexi 8's. I have 2 around here somewhere and wasn't really wowed by them but, I need something to get excited about. And right now, it's looking forward to being able to wear my hair in pretty styles.

I didn't get to njoy my length the first time around because I was transitioning. But now that I'm natural, it's time to njoy the various length milestones. I may even flat iron once a month. Kooky, I know. But it's time for me to get ready to start wearing my hair out. Time to get on that 12-step program to wean myself off of protective styling. I plan to grow to tailbone and then cut back to just above hip with a nice, full hemline. I can't wait!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 9:04am
LOL Tatee your rants are adorable!

& Njoy I'm feeling the same way about "njoying" your hair...like what's the purpose of growing this lenght & I have it in a bun forever?

So I decided to do a rollerset & wore it out today. It's so cold, I wore my scarf & wool hat outside, but I'm enjoying it down today. I know PS are for my own good, but I might switch up and alternate between buns & letting it out every other.

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 4:43pm
The MABH oil arrived today from India. When I first opened it, the scent reminded me of curry.Then after I warmed it and applied it to the hair, there was more of a hint of coco butter and then finally it has a note like a straw hat similar to the smell of The Potion.  It has many tones of fragrance. 
Anyways, I applied it tonight, massaged scalp and inverted. Now GHE overnight. 
I did wet my hair with the can of coconut milk I've had on the shelf for a couple of years and used it on my face also. Nice tightening effect to the skin and it feels slightly oily like there is coconut oil in the milk.
(high fat content) I am very hopeful but  I noticed the last 3 inches of length in the back are really ratty and only a few strands.  I will not cut them to even them. Those strands are like MBL and the rest is only bsb :(  Anyways,  guess the relaxed tips are breaking off on their own.  Shocked

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 10 2014 at 5:28pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 7:41am
im going to stop taking biotin for 3 months or more.  lately ive been getting some really strange breakouts all over my face and shoulders.  i cant think of anything else to blame so im going to go ahead a blame the first thing i see: biotin.  i was reading that you can take patotheonic acid b5 along with the biotin and it will alleviate the acne but i really cant see myself adding one more supplement.  im already taking 10.  a few months ago i decide to cut my supplements down from 10 to 8 and then last week i somehow ended up adding two moreStern Smile  yeah so the b5 is out.

another reason im going to chill with the biotin is because my eyebrows are growing like crazy, like a really unusual rate.  i cant tell whether or not it does anything at all for my hair on my head but dammit why am i trimming my eyebrow every month out of necessity?

so, im pretty sure i'll revisit biotin in the future since i never finished my last bottle and hopefully by then i'll be taking less supplements and can incorporate the pantothenic acid.  til then farewell biotin dont know if you work or not but you jacked my skin up and im not going to forget thatLOLStern Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 69>
  Share Topic