Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH and HEALTH CHALLENGE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH and HEALTH CHALLENGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 WAIST/HIP LENGTH GROWTH and HEALTH CHALLENGE
    Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 7:24am
Lovely Ladies...I know we haven't ended the year yet, but I thought those of us who haven't obtained the goal in the other thread can start the clock over...LOL

Welcome to all the graduates from APL, BSL & MBL!! Clap This thread is dedicated to those ladies who wish to obtain longer, healthier hair.

If you'd like to join, please do the following:

Post your starting length photo (must be posted by end of Dec.)
Post your current length & what length goal your setting for 2014
Post your regimen
Post the vitamins your taking (if any)

We ask that we have updated photos once every 4 months.

*Also those of you who are more experienced in the game, share some of your protective styles, tips & tricks*

Our 2013 crew was very supportive of each other, we are in this together for support!!

So let's get this growing ladies!!! LOL

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Oct 03 2013 at 12:05pm
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 8:35am
Im in but Jewels can you give us until December to post pics that way i can just use my ending pic from the 2013 challenge?  I wont be straightening again until then.  If not i can just use my last update pic from a couple weeks ago.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 12:05pm
Fixed boo!! LOL
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 9:48pm
Im in. Give me a sec to come back
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 10:31pm
I'm in!  I'll post my starting pic in December. (I may need reminding Embarrassed)
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 8:33am
Yes!! Where's Luv, Ritle & Indigo?
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:10pm
I want to be part of it!
The picture I am posting I took it today. I did not make a shirt with the lines like I have seen girls wearing in other threads, so instead I picked this dress that has horizontal lines.

My current length is mid back or boob length. I want to achieve waist length by December, but to be realistic, by March 2014, and after that I will decide if I'm still greedy for more hair LOL

Is this challenge due by January 1st 2014 or will it be going on until the end of next year?

Internally I take Multivitamin adults under 50 from Target. I take two pills a day, each contains 3,500 IU vitamin A but only 30mcg Biotin. I chose this one because of the high amount of vitamin A for my hair, but also because it has other vitamins that my body needs. I have been taking it for 2 months, I think.

Externally I am using a Brazilian stuff called Monovin A, which helps your hair grow fast since it has 2 million IU vitamin a. I put a tablespoon on my shampoo and I use it three times a week. I have been using it since September 7th (sadly, this thing cannot be shipped from Brazil and rarely sells in the US).
I also want to do some of the stuff on the 1 inch a week challenge, but I need to figure out which oil. So for now, I am only using Monovin and taking multivitamin.
I will have a new pic on December 7th, when I am supposed to stop Monovin (you use it for 3 months and take a month break).
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 2:23pm
oh and I also oil my hair a few times a week with coconut oil after reading about this Indian girl who oiled her hair weekly with coconut, olive and castor oil and it grew a lot in a year:

http://makeupandbeautyhome.com/2013/06/my-one-year-hair-growth-before-after-pictures.html

Edited by sexyandfamous - Oct 04 2013 at 2:24pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 1:26pm
Hey Ladies!!! I'm in too! I'll post pics and Reggie at the end of the year. Jewels, when u remind NJoy send me and Cleo one too😆. Exciting!! HHG, Hunnies!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 8:20am
LOL Isn't that so gross!! Like wth!!

Anyway, I've been reminiscing on how long it's taken me to get to my current length. I joined in Nov 15, 2010. So this Nov will be 3 full years of me trying to grow my hair to waist length. I faltered a few times and recently really hadn't been giving it my all. Here are a few pictures of where I was and just about where I am now.

This is the very first pictures I took right before I truly started going "hard" for long healthy hair.
9/25/2010. My ends where choppy, dry & uneven. My hair was just below my shoulders

photo sept25hairpic.jpg

This photo is when I had done a little research on the do's & don'ts of healthy hair & actually started working on my retention.

photo 112010b.jpg

Feb/2011
 photo 2192011.jpg

April 2011 I went & got my hair cut to even it up & get the ends healthy. At this point I was a year in and my "fullness" was really nice.
 photo IMG01040.jpg

About 3 months of hair growth. 1/2011
JAN 29 2012 GROWTH CHECK photo JAN292012.jpg

5 months of hair growth...just before the summer. I was feeling my length and health! LOL

4 months...not taking care of my hair during the summer, using heat & flat ironing really did some work tho my ends...they started to look choppy again

IMG_0396 photo IMG_0396.jpg

After 5 months of growth. This is my last length check.

My next length check will be the beginning of the year, which will be the start picture for this challenge.

I'm really glad I took pictures because it helps me to see what I'm doing both good & bad to my hair. I can actually see the months I'm working hard to take care of it & when I'm not...LOL

I'm currently texlaxed: last done on 9/18/13 & trimmed on 9/20.

My reggie is:
weekly pre-poo with what ever conditioner I have on hand a little water & evoo.
wash & deep condish weekly.

As far as weekly hair styles, I'm doing my best to keep heat to a min, but I do at times feel the need to enjoy my length & I do a roller set or flat iron, but no more than twice a month. I mostly air dry, braid and then put in a bun for the week.

Vitamins reggie:
although not regular vit taker, I'm going to do better because health wise, I need it!

MSM
Centrum multi
calcium
b-12 complex
flax seed
biotin (alter every other day)
garlic (alter every other day)

Food & exercise reggie:
I was doing so well during the summer, but my knee started acting up, so the diet & exercise went right out the window. I'm starting back up to the gym tomorrow & start incorporating healthier eating as well.

I have to put the soda down as well (found out it could be contributing to my knee/joint pains). So my water intake will greatly increase, which will help my hair as well.

I look forward to seeing everyone have a great year of happy healthy hair growth!!

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Oct 06 2013 at 1:23pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>