Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Fashion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 Spring/Summer Fashion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 232>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.63  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 3:47pm
April 8th, 2014
Spring 2014, Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Attend a Conference, Panel, or Pageant
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Tuesday ladies!
This spring is all about conferences, pageants, and panels, and Fashion Bomb reader Rashida will be attending one very soon!

She wrote writes, “Hi FashionBomb! I will be in attendance at a pageant that celebrates natural hair and wanted to know what is a stylish yet comfortable outfit to wear since the contest runs 3 hours long?”

The key to pulling off a comfortably chic ensemble is to dress up casual pieces. Jazz up simple wardrobe staples with punchy prints and noteworthy accessories to create your desired look.

For look #1, pluck a pastel blue v neck jumpsuit (find similar style here) accented by a botanical print clutch, silver block heel sandals, and a beaded braided necklace in a peachy hue.

What to Wear to a Natural Hair Pageant Topshop V Neck Jumspuit by Wal G Coach Lexey Heel Mason Scotch Clutch in Botanical Print Wunderkind Turquoise Ocelot Sunglasses

Cap off the look with a spring inspired beauty palette including a creamy coral-pink lip and a pastel green nail lacquer.

A knee length skirt in a playful print adds a stylish twist to black and white staples. Mix in a basket weave clutch, a beaded tassel pendant necklace, and sunburst button earrings.

What to Wear to a Natural Hair Pageant Carven Kiwi Printed Skirt Narcisco Rodriguez Python Print Two Tone Pumps Baublebar Beaded Tassel Pendant AqAq Cream Cropped Bodice

Lastly, add a vibrant eyeshadow option and a bubble gum pink mani for an additional pop of color.

And one of my favorite wardrobe must haves this season is a chic pair of culottes. Give the look an unexpected spin with a lavender gingham print knitted sweater.

What to Wear to a Natural Hair Pageant Sister by Sibling Gingham Knitted Sweater Proenza Schouler Pleated Crepe Culottes 3.1 Phillip Lim Monochrome Devon Dorsay Flats Asos Leather Clutch Bag with Etched Print

Add additional flare with a leather clutch bag in an etched print, a lace-up cutout bootie or a printed flat, and a statement jewelry piece. Complete the look with a sassy metallic lid.

And that’ll do it! See even more conference style inspiration in our Real Style post from this weekend.

See anything that catches your eye?

Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

which print epitome?

this blazer

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:48pm
by Cassandra

Kate Moss For Topshop Collection Is Here! Let’s Go Through The Good, Bad, And Girl Bye Lewks

Kate Mossophiles rejoice: The full lookbook of the model’s collaborative collection with Topshop has arrived. You can begin planning that ‘throw-it-in-the-bag-spree’ that’ll cost you anywhere from $70 to $1,200 per item (side note: 1k? TOPSHOP, YOU’RE DRUNK) available in-store, and online at Topshop, ShopBAZAAR.com, Net-a-Porter and Nordstrom.

Kate Moss’ collection, inspired by her wardrobe, features lots of fringe. Is it official that fringe is happening? 

Top Shop Kate Moss Fringe

Like, even fringe as sleeves, which is really confusing. But really appropriate if you want to wear a chic straight jacket on Halloween. 

Kate Moss Topshop 8

Or if you wanna be a chic witch. 

Kate Moss Top Shop7

It’s hard not to be here for the pajama trend. Ditching jeans for silky bottoms – YES. 
floral_pj_bottoms

Wearing a scarecrow as a top. NO. 

Top Shop Kate Moss

Nods to the ’90s are sprinkled throughout the collection, including the ankle length, black floral printed dress for the Clarissa Darling in you. (Please note that no one but Kate Moss could fit into the below)

Topshop kate moss

We’re not mad at this freakum dress embellished with tons of brocade. The freakum dress is essential for all the spring date nights you have planned. #TINDERWARDROBE

topshop kate moss dress

YES! YES, KATE MOSS WE WANT TO LOOK LIKE A TALL GLASS OF SILVER 

But this spring formal dress for your pre-teen cousin? Kate Moss, we don’t want to dress like your daughter. 

Kate Moss Top Shop Girl Bye 2

Kate. Girl, Bye. 

Kate Moss Top Shop

Kate Moss Top Shop Girl Bye

Top Shop Kate Moss 5

But y’know what? Any collection that creates pieces fit for a fabulous drag queen is AOKAY in our book. 

Kate Moss Top Shop Girl Bye

tumblr_mjiv83Zon21qbzqexo1_500

20131213_TopShop_06-420_v6_CMYK

Click any image to enlarge the full lookbook:

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:50pm

is it cold where yall are?

yall still wearing leather in april?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:57pm
i would wear leather year round 

theres hot weather leather clothing 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:21pm
i have leather shorts and a skirt that i wear right now

even my over the knee boots

been mid 60s here

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 11:02am
April 10th, 2014
Shopping, Style Inspiration, Swimsuits, Travel, Trend, Vacation, What to Wear
Spring 2014 Style Inspiration: Swimwear Trends For Your Next Vacation
By Danielle Nicole

Swimsuit season has arrived! Well, almost. And as the temperatures continue to rise and we embrace the warmer weather with open arms, I’m sure a number of you ladies are preparing for spring and summer vacations to beach front and tropical destinations. So, today’s style inspiration is right on time.

Tata writes, “I’m going on a vaca…I need new on-trend swimsuit ideas. What are the must-have bathing suit options according to body type?”
With a quick Google search, you can find any number of articles listing swimsuit options best fit for each specific body type. So instead of reinventing the wheel, I thought I would create a fun post focusing on how to style a few of the season’s most noteworthy swimwear trends. Without further ado, let’s dive in…
Swap your traditional one piece swimsuit for a sexy cutout number like this Agent Provocateur Mazzy Swimsuit for an updated take on a classic vacation go-to. Sass things up with a Eugenia Kim two-tone sun hat, a python quilted clutch, Alexander Wang sunglasses, and Giuseppe Zanotti Metal Ball Detail Flat Thong Sandals.

What to Wear on Vacation Agent Provocateur Mazzy Cutout Swimsuit Giuseppe Zanotti Leopard Wedge Sandal Topshop Palm Print Playsuit Malini Murjani Taupe Python Quilted ClutchWhen you’re done frolicking on the sands, slip into a palm print playsuit and a pair of leopard print wedge sandals for an ultra-tropical vibe.

Give your beach look a retro feel with a high-waist bikini bottom and a matching bandeau top.
What to Wear On Vacation Topshop Tropical High Waist Bikini Nasty Gal Shoe Cult Tease Wedge Nine West Cassie Straw Clutch Visconti &amp; Du Reau Suede Fringe Maui Thong SandalCat eye sunglasses and a woven straw clutch give the look a Copa Cabana feel while a fringe thong sandal or a sturdy nude wedge and a simple bar necklace add a stylish update. Throw in tropical shades for your beauty palette to give your vacation look a sizzling touch.

Bring your athletic side to the beach with a sporty chic inspired swimsuit like this Alexander Wang mesh-paneled racer-back bikini.What to Wear on Vacation Alexander Wang Mesh-Paneled Racer Back Bikini Chloe Perforated Medium Baylee Bag Saint Laurent Classic 13 Aviator Sunglasses Asos Fully Monty SunglassesStrap up a pair of comfy flat sandals and pluck a perforated carry-all to tote all of your needed essentials. With a few added accessories like a beaded tassel necklace and gold deco earrings, you’ll have this sporty look on lock.

And last but not least, ruffle things up in an aqua one-piece. Incorporate black and white elements for a sophisticated beach ready look.
What to Wear on Vacation Zinke Weekender One-piece Giuseppe Zanotti Patrik Nubuck and Leather Lace-up Sandals Michael Kors Jet Set Medium Tote Master&amp;Muse X Kayu Handbag Prada Sienna Square Sunglasses
Add a pop of color with a teal and gold beauty palette and throw in gold jewelry and a pair of sunglasses for the final touch.

What do you ladies think? Are you ready to hit the beach (or poolside) in one of today’s looks?

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 7:56pm
I went to target but I purposely didn't go to the women's section. I had too long a journey to embarrass myself like that on the train with all those bags. I should've checked it out tho, Im never in that area and there might be different things

code* I didn't look for that blazer epitome
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 11:49am
Ming I was thinking shorts and heels, not sure on a top yet 
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2014 at 12:09pm
I have something in my head but cant find a pic. midi skirt.. maybe crop top, big ass earrings not sure on the shoes but I may keep it extra casual...

with sneakers
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 232>
  Share Topic