Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 384>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 12:21pm
thanks rumbera! I'll try the class for the next couple of weeks and see what happens. I'll amazon that video as well when I buy my jumprope. 

I'm getting better at running.. not GOOD haha but better... I downloaded my fitnesspal, hopefully it works in making me aware of my diet... 
Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 2:22pm
idk if any of you practice yoga, but i do every day for about 20-30 minutes (well i did before i hurt my toe)

anyway, a few months ago i realized i was doing chaturanga wrong...my arms werent at a 90 degree angle

i literally carry my mirror onto the deck so i can watch myself because i dont trust that i do any position right lol

random but i found this helpful

chaturanga compare wrists pain yoga

Cody’s Ultimate Guide to Chaturanga

< border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1409512355245" name="I0_1409512355245" ="https://apis.google.com/u/0/se/0/_/+1/fast?usegapi=1&size=large&count=false&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.codyapp.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.codyapp.com%2Fcodys-ultimate-guide-to-chaturanga%2F&g=3p&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.jCGven_aoww.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Ft%3Dzcms%2Frs%3DAItRSTMw0S4AIAN3Tc4Hf91o00gcUoDKuA#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cd%2Ce&id=I0_1409512355245&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.codyapp.com&pfname=&rpctoken=38608355" -gapiattached="true" title="+1" style="word-wrap: break-word; -sizing: - !imant; : static; top: 0px; width: 38px; margin: 0px; border-style: none; left: 0px; visibility: ; height: 24px;">

chaturanga yoga ultimate guideChaturanga Dandasana, or “Four Limbed Staff Pose” (that’s the English name, but nobody calls it that) is widely known as the “Yoga push-up”. Chaturanga is a staple of the Sun Salutation, but is also widely used throughout all types of yoga flows & practices. Chaturanga is different from the traditional push up in elbow placement & speed, but provides many of the same benefits.

Chaturanga Benefits:

• Increases strength & flexibility of the wrists
  • Builds strength in the arms, chest, back, and abdomen
  • Teaches the body control, endurance, and stability

Chaturanga: How To

1. Begin in a strong plank position, with hands on the floor directly under the shoulders
  2. Keeping the elbows close to the body, slowly lower yourself down until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle
  3. As you lower yourself down, your chest should be “open” and moving forward (this is how your hands go from directly underneath the shoulders to midway down your torso without re-positioning. Your chest comes forward).
  4. Keep the head neutral, with your gaze directed forward
  5. Exit Chaturanga by either transitioning into Upward Dog, or pushing yourself straight up back into plank.

If you learn better through video, check out this Yoga Basics program with Patrick BeachYoga Basics is a set of video tutorials made for people who want to try yoga, but are too scared to go to a studio first.

Chaturanga Variations:

chaturanga yoga ultimate guideHalf-Chaturanga:

If you cannot yet perform a full Chaturanga without letting your form suffer, then begin with Half-Chaturanga. Begin in a modified plank, with your knees on the ground, and perform Chaturanga keeping your knees on the ground.

chaturanga yoga ultimate guideThree-Limbed Chaturanga:

If you are looking for an extra challenge, keep one leg suspended off the ground as you perform Chaturanga. Make sure that if you are doing Three-Limbed Chaturanga, you practice on both sides evenly.

Also check out Cody’s Ultimate Guide to Downward Dog & Upward Dog.

- See more at: http://blog.codyapp.com/codys-ultimate-guide-to-chaturanga/#sthash.evV2M16b.dpuf
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 7:25am
Heeey yall!!!

ive been tryna play catch up in this thread! Congrats to everyone still on it and dropping poundsssss!! I love coming in here I get so motivated!!!

So im back from vacay. I started up my insanity again. It whooped my ass the first day but it felt so goooooood! Lol
I picked up a polar watch so I can monitor my heart rate and get a somewhat accurate reading of my lost calories to help with myfitnesspal.

I weighed myself last week && I have lost 2 pounds! Not sure if it happened the 2 weeks I was gone or the week I came back but either way im happy!

Sooooooooo yesterday I was getting ready to go pick up dinner and just threw on some pants.. my bf was like "what did you do shrink those pants????" lol I was like what are you talking about...no! Why?? He goes look at your ass!!! Hahaha yesssss! That definitely made me feel like ive been doing something right!!!

Anywho good morning! And have a great day everyoneeee!!!!
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 7:41am
^^^ Heart

Morning y'all!  It's long run day..... I look forward to it more than I dread it.  I'm up getting dressed sipping coffee waiting for the sun to come up.  I have completely fallen in love with running.  My body feels so good right now but I know I'ma be whooped after 12 miles and I can't wait.  Yes 12 miles.  It's been awhile but the half-marathon is 9/28/14.

I want to take a minute and strongly encourage anyone who would love to run but doesn't think they have it in them to give it a try.  There are couch to 5k programs, walkb4yourun with Black Girls Run...even just running that first mile.  

When I started running, I was over 200 lbs, depressed and toying with hypertension.  That feeling you get when you step on the scale and discover you have lost a few pounds, I get it every time I complete a run.  My first 5K was in 2009.  I stopped to walk because I felt like I was dying and an old man passed me and said, "I'm 74 years old, if I can do it you can do it!"  It was so humiliating at the time but I kept putting one foot in front of the other and finished that race.  

Everybody starts somewhere.  Running has changed my body (Heart my legs and bootay Embarrassed) my health (not taking blood pressure meds) and my mind (um, yeah, I feel like I could do anything I purpose to do and train for) oh and my closet (cutest workout clothes and shoes!).  

Hope someone is inspired.  I'll check in after my run.  Go hard!!
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 1:48pm
How do ya'll make your run exciting because i tend to get bored? 

This always stopped me runningLOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 1:51pm
I might have ruined a week's worth of efforts in 5 minutes today. I should have known not to buy that bag of brownies. Here I was thinking I could treat myself within reason once a week. I'm throwing the rest in the garbage.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 1:51pm
Twelve miles completed.  Wow, I am so glad I schedule massages the day after the long run..... everything HURTS LOL

I keep it interesting by switching up music.  I also do audiobooks.  I run in beautiful scenery too.  

Okay!  I'm reloaded!!
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I might have ruined a week's worth of efforts in 5 minutes today. I should have known not to buy that bag of brownies. Here I was thinking I could treat myself within reason once a week. I'm throwing the rest in the garbage.
one bad day won't hinder your goal LOLits best to eat them now as you'll probably crave them later and eat 2 bags
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 2:11pm
I may try audio books on my next attempt of runningLOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

one bad day won't hinder your goal LOLits best to eat them now as you'll probably crave them later and eat 2 bags

Yes it will. I know my body by now. It's so incredibly hard for me to lose weight now and so easy to gain. My metabolism is not what it used to be. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 371372373374375 384>