Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358359 394>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Good Job with the 10lbs Miss B. mann, If I could low carb, I would be at my goal weight nowCry. Carbs are my number one weakness though. I definitely did keto all of one day. lol

WHEW! Mine too. That's why its a "moderate" low carb diet, lol. I tried a strict low carb diet and was moody as hell. Just pissed off all the time, and got headaches more frequently. And trying to eat carrot and celery sticks to compensate just made me madder, lol. I would almost always end up cheating at some point in the evening with a sandwich LOL. The 10 days or so I stuck with it completely it DID work (those extra 5lbs that I have since gained back) and the cravings faded but didn't go away. Plus, a strict low carb diet is supposed to be short term anyway. The results are also short term Cry

I still allow myself to indulge in carbs occasionally, especially since I consider myself a brunch connoisseur. If you're gonna do brunch you gotta go all in: french toast and bottem-less mimosas LOL. But I just try to spread it out and get an extra workout in when I do.

Oh and the Special K protein cereal is my go to when I really want something kinda carby. A serving has about half of the carbs in most cereals and has more protein (10g). Def helps with cravings.

Thanks for the encouragement! You've got this CR. One good choice at a time, one day at a time.

Edited by Miss B - Aug 29 2014 at 12:01pm
Sponsored Links

tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:11pm
tried the barree class... i don't do well with classes i don't sweat at. at the moment i'm in pain but once the class is over.. i don't feel like i DID anything.

I would like to hear y'alls thoughts on barre classes
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 2:24pm
[QUOTE=_ConcreteRose_]m3, I counted macros only for like a few weeks when I was at my plateau and desperate. It was exhausting to me though, so I just went back to just counting calories.LOL[/QUOTE

yes, it takes a lot of work but I want to see how far I can take my body. 

for those folks losing 10-20lbs.. is that enough to loose a dress size or no?
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 2:42pm
i cant do sh*t for 3 weeks and then he said low impact

wtf am i supposed to do? i need to do exercises that dont require me to be on my feet (be quiet afro -_-)
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:34pm
Yesterday I went to the gym and did: squats with weights, 10 reps of butt bridges with a 35lbs plate across my abs, abs, back, arm, legs, thighs and I was feeling good when I left the gym. Completely forgot to do donkey kicks, even though I have the stuff at home.
I am going to the gym on Sunday because it will be closed on Monday, and then I will go again on Wednesday. Fall classes start next week, so my plan is to continue to go to the gym 2x a week. I just received my corset, so I can *finally* waist train and achieve a 22" waist. I am going to stop apetamin on Monday because I don't want to be starving at the classroom, so I hope to continue the booty growth by working out and eating well.

I would get a protein shake but they taste so grossDead
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

wtf am i supposed to do? i need to do exercises that dont require me to be on my feet (be quiet afro -_-)

Do you swim?

At 20+ pounds lost I have dropped 4 dress sizes. I have lost a lot of inches and body fat percentage.  Next month I will report on my body fat percentage lost.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by tbaby123 tbaby123 wrote:

tried the barree class... i don't do well with classes i don't sweat at. at the moment i'm in pain but once the class is over.. i don't feel like i DID anything.

I would like to hear y'alls thoughts on barre classes

I take them all the time and LOVE them.

The problem with Barre classes that they are only good as the instructor. You are supposed to be using smaller muscle that are under utilized. For istance, we'll use a smaller inner butt muscle to move our entire buttocks (isolation movement). It's hard as hell and more and more challenging everytime.

When I leave my Barre class, I am drench in sweat and feel like I just lifted weights. I would recommend getting the dvd from the Barre website called Dancers Body ($20 bucks) and start with that, I've actually taken that particular instructor classes and she is great.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:52pm
Imo, unless you are going to compete counting macros is not for the everyday person and really not needed.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

Do you swim?

At 20+ pounds lost I have dropped 4 dress sizes. I have lost a lot of inches and body fat percentage.  Next month I will report on my body fat percentage lost.

Nice job! Clap

How tall are you?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Imo, unless you are going to compete counting macros is not for the everyday person and really not needed.

(just felt like doing that)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358359 394>