Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 335336337338339 375>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I obviously need help. Im the same weight for 2 weeks in a row. I ate no more than 1200 during the weekdays and 1600 during the weekends. I also ran 18 miles this week and did 5 body weight workouts. ( I guess I'm gaining muscle? But I still should be losing) This is just frustrating.

With only 1200 calories, your body basically goes into what's called "starvation mode", meaning with fewer calorie intake & increase in energy being depleted, the body will hold on to whatever fat it has, by any means necessary, for survival.

The more energy you use up during workouts require more food "energy" intake. In general, eating six small HEALTHY meals during the day is sufficient. That way your body is getting enough fuel to replace what's being used up.

THEN,

you'll start to see results. Smile

Edited by Az~Maverick - Jun 24 2014 at 11:08am
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:11am
Az, most academic studies say that starvation mode is kinda a myth in the weight loss community. It exists but not at 1200 cals. What is happening to me is more of a hormonal imbalance due to cortisol and leptin levels in the body reacting to prolonged extensive calorie deficits.
jayo2515 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayo2515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:25am
Are any of you ladies on prednisone? My bestfriend takes it for her lungs and she's gained a lot of weight but she would like to start exercising again to help her lungs gain strength. Is there anything she could or should be doing to help her?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:45pm
i forgot how potent oxyelite is. i have so much energy it's ridic. i've been powering through turbo fire without many stops because of it.

side note: I can do a headstand against the wall now! i'm so proud of myself. a few youtube videos and tons of practice makes a huge difference. i can't wait until i can do it freestanding.

Edited by TayTay - Jun 24 2014 at 2:46pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

<span style="color: rgb22, 22, 22; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18.899999618530273px; : rgb252, 252, 252;">I obviously need help. Im the same weight for 2 weeks in a row. I ate no more than 1200 during the weekdays and 1600 during the weekends. I also ran 18 miles this week and did 5 body weight workouts. ( I guess I'm gaining muscle? But I still should be losing) This is just frustrating.</span>

With only 1200 calories, your body basically goes into what's called "starvation mode", meaning with fewer calorie intake & increase in energy being depleted, the body will hold on to whatever fat it has, by any means necessary, for survival.

The more energy you use up during workouts require more food "energy" intake. In general, eating six small HEALTHY meals during the day is sufficient. That way your body is getting enough fuel to replace what's being used up.

THEN,

you'll start to see results. Smile

yes..

my deleted post touched on starvation mode.

o was going to say that hitting the right amount of calories on a clean diet is very difficult

i wouldnt be surprsed if CR's regular intake barely scratches 1800. if this has been going on long term (adaptive starvation mode), one's body is likely to overcompensate by becoming hypersensitive to insulin (fat gain hormone) and reducing thyroid output (fat gain), in addition to daily stresses, may result in cortisol (fat gain) increase as well.

so the key is shock the system

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:13pm

Az, most academic studies say that starvation mode is kinda a myth in the weight loss community. It exists but not at 1200 cals. What is happening to me is more of a hormonal imbalance due to cortisol and leptin levels in the body reacting to prolonged extensive calorie deficits.
it could very well be

depending on what your basal calorie intake should be
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:34pm
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:51pm
want to be a yogi so bad...

blackyogasuperstars:    I cut out my fears and allowed my fingers to tickle my toes lol. Kind of a perfectionist… #kapotasana #fitnessjourney #fitnesschallenge #fitspo #flex #beastmode #yoga #newbie #fitlife #dailyfitness #fitsporation #brownyogi by belle_ife http://instagram.com/p/porKSrAf9W/ ~_~ BlackYogaSuperstars Guide to Beginning Yoga coming soon!
who is this anyone?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:56pm
^^This man's body is a work of art
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:16am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

that knee buckle smh

crossfitters:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Quiana aka Q&nbsp;So much for listening to doctors orders of no heavy lifting. Current Max 260.Oops! Max Back Squat still not back at 275 but it will get there :-)
that's gonna pop

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 335336337338339 375>