Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 394>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I don't have trainer money.

just read back through this thread and only listen to Afro's post...his information is solid. 

Food: http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/meal-planning/meal-plans/

Workout: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

those are great starting points..
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I don't know how you manage 1200 calories. My trainer and I had discussed the possibility of going down to 1300 calories this week but I don't think I can handle that. I need at least 1500. So instead of working 4 times a week, I plan on increasing to 5-6 times a week.

I came down to 1200 fairly slowly. I just eat a lot of vegetables to stay at 1200. My diet isn't varied, but I usually have some vegetable for breakfast and  a normal lunch and dinner, and if I want a snack it would be vegetable's as well. (My favorites are sauerkraut and broccoli)

I don't think vegetables only for breakfast is a good idea. You need more fuel than that in the morning. My nutritionist told me that if you eat too little, your body goes into fat storing mode. One breakfast example she gave me is 1 cup Cheerios with ground flax seeds on top, 1/2 cup soy milk, and a smoothie with half a banana, berries and 1 cup soy milk.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:06pm
Afro, can you write the post again please?

Thanks goodm3. Im definitely going to follow his advice and increase my calories.
I don't like following meal plans, I just count calories and try track macros.

Also, don't plan on changing my workout regimine I have right now, because honestly, it's the only thing I can stick to long term. lol

Eta: I don't really need a starting point, I need a fixing point, if that makes sense.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jun 23 2014 at 1:16pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:09pm
Jolie, that might be the key. I'll try to eat more in the morning. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:45pm
It's my off day, but I really, really want to run. Restless as hell.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:50am

1/2 of my workout for this week
I am so out of shape it kicks my butt
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:07am

I obviously need help. Im the same weight for 2 weeks in a row. I ate no more than 1200 during the weekdays and 1600 during the weekends. I also ran 18 miles this week and did 5 body weight workouts. ( I guess I'm gaining muscle? But I still should be losing) This is just frustrating.

With only 1200 calories, your body basically goes into what's called "starvation mode", meaning with fewer calorie intake & increase in energy being depleted, the body will hold on to whatever fat it has, by any means necessary, for survival.

The more energy you use up during workouts require more food "energy" intake. In general, eating six small HEALTHY meals during the day is sufficient. That way your body is getting enough fuel to replace what's being used up.

THEN,

you'll start to see results. Smile

Edited by Az~Maverick - Jun 24 2014 at 11:08am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:11am
Az, most academic studies say that starvation mode is kinda a myth in the weight loss community. It exists but not at 1200 cals. What is happening to me is more of a hormonal imbalance due to cortisol and leptin levels in the body reacting to prolonged extensive calorie deficits.
jayo2515 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayo2515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:25am
Are any of you ladies on prednisone? My bestfriend takes it for her lungs and she's gained a lot of weight but she would like to start exercising again to help her lungs gain strength. Is there anything she could or should be doing to help her?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:45pm
i forgot how potent oxyelite is. i have so much energy it's ridic. i've been powering through turbo fire without many stops because of it.

side note: I can do a headstand against the wall now! i'm so proud of myself. a few youtube videos and tons of practice makes a huge difference. i can't wait until i can do it freestanding.

Edited by TayTay - Jun 24 2014 at 2:46pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 394>