Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298299 390>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

squeezed in a worked out today
and not working out for the rest of the week bc i'm traveling and my hair will be straight.
since i eat too much anyway we'll see if i can try to rein in on my diet

Girl I don't even want to go there with hair!  I promised I wouldn't let my hair get in the way of my health but I just retwisted last week and I have sweat it out multiple times, had to cowash and look just like I did before the retwist.  So over it!
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Very down on myself today.  I did the shred class and I hate classes because I'm in front of a mirror.  My hips are so thick and I hate it.  I feel like my work should be paying off more than this.  There is not one physical challenge I have caved in front of.  I have been able to complete every workout I have attempted successfully but I still feel like I'm way too big.  I wish someone would have told me I'd have to give up food altogether in my 30s so I would have been better prepared for this.  I know weight is just a number and it should be about health but I want to look good too dammit!!

I know how that is.  I had to look at myself in the mirror today in class and usually I am the biggest person at the gym at a size 10/12.  But just think about how far you've come already. And what you can do.  You can run 10 miles! Very few people can.  You've lost almost 20 pounds in one month! I know I can't do that. Just think about how much better you look than when you started.  You didn't gain the weight in one fell swoop so you're not going to lose it that way either.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

apparently this app told me to eat around 1300 calories
didn't know i wasn't supposed to eat less that 1500, cause thats how much the body burns on its own..
so i guess ive been starving myself..

how do i figure out how much im supposed to eat then?

Are you trying to lose weight? Your body won't go into starvation mode on 1300 calories.

yeah im trying to lose.
idk someone told me i shouldnt eat less than what the body burns

then how are you to lose weight? In order to lose weight you need to net negative calories a day either through diet, exercise or a combination therein.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 1:12pm

Ran 10 miles in 1:57:17.  I feel amazing.  Running is so addicting.  I need to rest tomorrow.  If anyone wants to be friends on Nike+ I'm LadyJock55

The rest of this day will be a lazy day.  I might hit the gym later but I might not.  
Do you run outside or treadmill? I find it hard to build my endurance Cry
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 1:23pm
Thanks E.  You're right, this was YEARS in the making..... it's gonna be work.  I was depressed, eating fast food, drinking daily..... those days are over and I have to stick with it.  Ugh....

I run outside.  I can't stay on the treadmill I get bored.  We have some great interurban trails in our city.  I'm good for about 2 miles on the treadmill lol  The other thing about running outside is you can't quit - you gotta get home!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Ran 10 miles in 1:57:17.  I feel amazing.  Running is so addicting.  I need to rest tomorrow.  If anyone wants to be friends on Nike+ I'm LadyJock55

The rest of this day will be a lazy day.  I might hit the gym later but I might not.  
Do you run outside or treadmill? I find it hard to build my endurance Cry

if you do other forms of intense cardio that should build up your endurance. Try doing intervals.
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 7:11pm
finished day 5!

ugh 5 more days of level 1 and then i can start level 2

Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 8:17pm
Good work, unfoolish.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:35pm

Very down on myself today.  I did the shred class and I hate classes because I'm in front of a mirror.  My hips are so thick and I hate it.  I feel like my work should be paying off more than this.  There is not one physical challenge I have caved in front of.  I have been able to complete every workout I have attempted successfully but I still feel like I'm way too big.  I wish someone would have told me I'd have to give up food altogether in my 30s so I would have been better prepared for this.  I know weight is just a number and it should be about health but I want to look good too dammit!!

i dont know your progress, but if you're running 10 miles you're doing great to me!

it's really motivating and encouraging watching you do well... i stopped focusing on my weight and just how strong i was

it'll all fall into place for you
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:42pm
Thanks femme.  I just need more patience and to stay with it.  Reading the posts in here and workouts definitely helps knowing I'm not alone.  Sorry for being such a bummer today!  PMS is real lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 295296297298299 390>
  Share Topic