Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 371>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I been going strong all week. Iz so proud.

its only Tuesday...LOLLOL, but i get it!
Congrats
Sponsored Links

iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Am I the only one who hates to see that herb a life crap?
I'll never believe...

because it's a scheme. see the pyramid scheme thread

i was going to go to a personal trainer who lost a lot of weight the right way (i've known him for years).  but then he started selling herbalife knowing damn well that's not how he lost it

Shame !! I can imagine all the crap in those "shakes". They also sell wraps and lord if that isn't a scheme. It claims to remove stretch marks, tighten skin, remove cellulite, everything under the damn sun! & People believe it.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:15am
I have to go shopping today. I love meal prepping . I'm trying to think of new meals
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:27pm
Fat Burning vs Cardio Zone

Yesterday, I lifted weights, did slow elliptical and biked for 461 total calories burned with 43% of the being fat calories  or 198 calories.

Today I walked intervals for 2 miles, ran 2 miles and biked 2 miles for 929 total calories burned with only 22% being from fat or 204 calories.  

Yesterday I hardly sweat at all.  Today I was pouring.  I'm even washing my hair I sweat so much!  for a difference in only six calories of fat?!?!?!  

The science blows my mind.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 12:40pm
Okay so it doesn't really matter as long as I'm burning more than I'm eating. Good to know.  LOL

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/busting-the-great-myths-of-fat-burning.html

Your body burns either fat or carbs depending on the intensity of your activity. But when it comes to losing weight, calories are calories. You burn fat even when you're in couch-potato mode. Yet, a lot of misunderstanding prevails.

Get ready to break down some of the myths people have about burning fat:

Myth: The body completely shuts off one fuel source when it turns on the other.

The Truth: What has often been misunderstood by both exercisers and exercise instructors alike is that the body relies on both fat and carbs for energy all the time, albeit in different ratios. In fact, as you sit here reading, you may be burning about 50-60 percent fat and 50-40 percent carbohydrates. (Figure out how your metabolism is working inHow to Measure Your Metabolic Rate.)

You're not using much of either, however, because the amount of calories you need probably amounts to about one or two calories a minute. If you were to get up and start jogging in place, your body would need to supply you with some quick energy to do so, so the metabolism ratio might shift to drawing upon more carbohydrates, say 70 percent, and less fat, say 30 percent.

If you were to continue jogging, then, in order to preserve the carbs (which can run out since you have limited stores in the body), your body would gradually shift its metabolism ratio again to say, 60 percent fat and 40 percent carbohydrates. From an energy efficiency point of view, it pays to be fit. The endurance athlete would be able to make the shift sooner, and his fat-burning percentage might be 65-75 percent.

However, in practical terms this is purely technotalk, and these ratios don't make a big difference when it comes to losing weight and decreasing your body fat. For the most part, athletes are often leaner not because they might rely on slightly more fat for fuel, but because they practice their sport two to three, or more, hours a day — this burns a lot of calories.

If you had the time, energy, and fitness level to work out three hours a day, being overweight would probably not be an issue. To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than your body consumes and uses every day. Exercise is one main way to burn a lot of calories. But when it comes to weight loss, what matters is how many calories you burn, not so much whether they are fat or carbohydrate calories.

Myth: Exercise done at a low intensity, such as walking, is better at fat burning than other high-intensity activities, like running or cardio activities where you push yourself very hard.

The Truth: In a strict scientific sense, these claims are true because working at a lower intensity requires less quick energy and a higher percentage of fat is burned. But you'll also burn fewer calories than you would if, for the same amount of time, you work out at a harder intensity (running versus walking). If you're trying to lose weight, even though a higher percentage of fat is being used, a lower total amount of fat is lost.

Whether increased fat burning will result in actual weight loss is dependent upon several variables, including the total calories burned (which include both fat and carbohydrate calories) and the total fat calories burned. If you do work at a low intensity, you need to increase the time spent exercising to burn more calories.

What matters most is the total number of calories burned. If you burned 250 calories every day from a short, fast jog, you'd see a bigger difference in weight and fat loss than if you walked every day for the same amount of time.

The number of fat calories you burn isn't that important, because even if you burn a lot of carb calories, these need to be replaced both by the carbs you eat in your diet and also within your body. Your fat stores will be broken down and transformed into carbohydrates when you need fuel. Even if you're burning lots of carb calories and less fat calories through exercise, your fat still inevitably gets used.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:39pm
Do you guys enjoy exercising?
I have to put in a workout today and I know I'm gonna go and do it but I really don't feel like it :(
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:46pm
No.  I enjoy sports.  Running, basketball volleyball, soccer and softball.  I also enjoy a beautiful walk.  If I think of it as exercising it doesn't happen.  #LadyJock
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

No.  I enjoy sports.  Running, basketball volleyball, soccer and softball.  I also enjoy a beautiful walk.  If I think of it as exercising it doesn't happen.  #LadyJock

Lucky you. I have to admit going to the gym is a drag. The only activity I truly enjoy is swimming, tbh. And that wreaks havoc on the hair when done too often. My trainer is trying to come up with routines I will like but I just don't like the gym in general. I do feel better afterwards though, so I guess I have to keep that in mind to motivate me. Maybe I'll start taking some of the classes they offer.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Lucky you. I have to admit going to the gym is a drag. The only activity I truly enjoy is swimming, tbh. And that wreaks havoc on the hair when done too often. My trainer is trying to come up with routines I will like but I just don't like the gym in general. I do feel better afterwards though, so I guess I have to keep that in mind to motivate me. Maybe I'll start taking some of the classes they offer.

I swim too.  I soak my hair and seal it and then put it under a swim cap before I go in the pool.  Then deep condition after.  But you're right, it still sucks.  But it's a great workout.  They need to come up with a machine in the gym that does the same motions with similar resistance.  
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:15pm
does anyone else like doing the treadmill with the motor off. Boy, I love the workout that gives my lower body (legs, thighs, butt)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 267268269270271 371>
  Share Topic