Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 394>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:34pm
i consume about 1300-1500 calories per day

here's today's meals for anyone interested...i do whole foods and some processed

ive been working a lot of 12 hour days lately so i always have fruit, almonds, and peanut butter crackers on hand

breakfast: banana, chobani yogurt
lunch: garlic shrimp & broccoli w/ brown rice(1/2 cup)
snack: cheerios, strawberries, almond milk
dinner: scallops, green beans, brown rice(1/2 cup)
snack: peanut butter crackers, half a banana
l
ate night snack: curry cabbage, sweet potatoes (1/3 cup diced)

i use sparkpeople to track my calories on my phone... i ate all of this and only came to 1381 calories

Daily Feedback CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
  Totals:     1,381 218 34 61
Your Daily Goal:     1,210 - 1,560 136 - 254 27 - 61 60 - 136
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

The other thread had great food sites.

Is anyone doing weighted donky kicks? How are you eoing them? TIA.

My gym has this machine. It's super hard. I think I could only do 50 pounds w/10 or 11 reps.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:58am
I quit squatting with weights. I have been doing this exercise for over 12 months, the longest of all the exercises I have done. And I don't see any results from it. My butt has been stuck on 36" for a while, and it did go up to 37", but that was when I gained weight, so I am done.
I am going to focus on other workouts, and this week I am going to run at the beach on Thursday for sure, and maybe on Saturday. I ran last Saturday and it felt amazing, my thighs felt so thick, my mood improved, I was just feeling awesome.

I also got the yoga schedule at my yoga, perhaps I will take a class this week. There used to be a very nice black teacher before, but I guess she quit, because I don't see her name on the schedule, which is too bad because she taught a really early class and I love yoga early in the morning.
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 1:15am

I've started squatting earlier this week. I saw her video, so hopefully
i get the same results.
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 1:17am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I quit squatting with weights. I have been doing this exercise for over 12 months, the longest of all the exercises I have done. And I don't see any results from it. My butt has been stuck on 36" for a while, and it did go up to 37", but that was when I gained weight, so I am done.
I am going to focus on other workouts, and this week I am going to run at the beach on Thursday for sure, and maybe on Saturday. I ran last Saturday and it felt amazing, my thighs felt so thick, my mood improved, I was just feeling awesome.

I also got the yoga schedule at my yoga, perhaps I will take a class this week. There used to be a very nice black teacher before, but I guess she quit, because I don't see her name on the schedule, which is too bad because she taught a really early class and I love yoga early in the morning.

Really? I was hoping that would help me.

Who is that in your avi
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 1:54am
Unfortunately, u can not spot reduce fat. U have to lower your overall body fat %.my genetics have pained me as well, as I hold most of my fat in my tummy and breasts. Leave that hamburger helper sh*t on the shelf. All that salt is going to give u hbp and a bloated tummy. If u want to gain more muscle, def increase your protein intake and dont be afraid to increase your weights. I post and follow dif food ideas geared towards healthy and clean eating @goldenladyluv

Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

I love this thread.  Since you all know what you're talking about can someone critique my current food regimine.

I am currently 120 as far as I know.  I would like a lose fat and gain muscle.  I think I may need to eat more but I don't want to just get fat.  I've been lifting free weights mainly for the past week. 

Before working out in the morning:
Toast with butter for energy
Half a glass of water, maybe orange juice if there's any

Water during workout

After workout:
2 eggs and a slice of bacon
sometimes add shredded cheese to the eggs
cup of coffee with 3 teaspoons of sugar

Snack on whatever may be around, usually a handful of salted popcorn or a peanut butter jelly sandwich

Dinner:
Pains me to say a processed box casserole (i.e. hamburger helper) this happens if I'm not the one cooking
OR steamed chicken breast with steamed mixed vegetables.  Sometimes the vegetables are fresh and may be boiled.

Further snacking may include more popcorn or something sweet.  I may have a cup of herbal tea in the evening.

That's just a general idea but is there anyway this can be improved?  Right now I'm pretty thin but I am carrying fat in my midsection.  Any advice on how to address that through diet would be great. Smile
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 8:38am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

The other thread had great food sites.

Is anyone doing weighted donky kicks? How are you eoing them? TIA.

My gym has this machine. It's super hard. I think I could only do 50 pounds w/10 or 11 reps.

I need something like this
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 9:27am
Hump day!! Weigh in!
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 9:37am
Goo jewels.   You're doing GOOD

Is that just from changing food
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 9:43am
Yeah Jewels I want to know what you doing woman spill the beans!!!
I burned 800 cal doing treadmill yesterday Tuesday... meeting with trainer today. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 394>
  Share Topic