Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 350>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:47am
Originally posted by TOUSHA11 TOUSHA11 wrote:

Do any of you experience this it seems like the more weigh I lose the Hungrier I become can anybody give me some suggestions? I am drinking plenty of water.
you may need to increase your protein? Also make smaller portions, but eat more frequently?
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:20am
Lol.. Jewels

@ that damn gif. Didn't even weigh myself yet
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:27am
Ladies and gents do you find it best to get protein by diet with a few shakes? Or are you taking the protein shakes post workout?

cicision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cicision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 1:54pm
just did bikram yoga today my god it was a struggle but i feeel sooooo goed afterwards and since i still have 15 lessons left on my card I will be going again tomorrow
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:07pm
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:18pm
She's showing off.
Petty LaBelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Petty LaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 5:58pm
2 more days left of the 28 day fitness challenge!
I just been doing DVD's and dancing for the past couple days.
I got a muscle knot in my calf from doing those 4 miles on Saturday ..bleh
But that wont stop me. Hitting the gym daily starting March 1st. Yesterday I weighed myself and I dropped 5 lbs since 2/1/14 Smile
20 more to go, lol.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:15pm
today's workout

400-Calorie Tush-Toning Interval Workout

235 Reactions 402.6K Shares Print
402K 458 126 5 0

Running burns an insane amount of calories and it also targets your tush and legs, so it's the perfect workout if you're trying to slim down and tone up below the waist. Add hills to your workout and you'll tone your lower body even faster and more effectively.

If you're new to hill work or tend to skip out because running on an incline is challenging, walking briskly will do the same magic. This interval workout combines walking hills and short sprints with just a bit of incline to reduce the chance of developing shin splints. Aside from a toned tush and thighs, intervals are also proven to target belly fat, so it's doubly effective. In about 40 minutes, you'll burn over 400 calories!

You don't have to brave the cold to fit in an effective hill workout. Continue reading to see this 400-calorie-burning treadmill interval workout.

Set the treadmill incline to one, and after warming up begin this workout. For each three-minute brisk walking interval, you'll need to raise the incline to 15 percent (or as high as it'll go), and for each 60-second sprinting interval, you'll need to lower it to one. Adjust the speed as necessary if either the walking or sprinting pace seems too slow or fast.

Time Pace Incline Calories Burned*
0:00-5:00 4.0 (15 min/mile) 1 20
5:00-08:00 4.0 (15 min/mile) 15 36
8:00-9:00 7.0 (8.5 min/mile) 1 11
9:00-12:00 4.0 15 36
12:00-13:00 7.0 1 11
13:00-16:00 4.0 15 36
16:00-17:00 7.0 1 11
17:00-20:00 4.0 15 36
20:00-21:00 7.0 1 11
21:00-24:00 4.0 15 36
24:00-25:00 7.0 1 11
25:00-28:00 4.0 15 36
28:00-29:00 7.0 1 11
29:00-32:00 4.0 15 36
32:00-33:00 7.0 1 11
33:00-36:00 4.0 15 36
36:00-37:00 7.0 1 11
37:00-42:00 4.0 1 20

Total calories burned: 416

*Calories burned calculations are based on a 130-pound woman

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:37pm

Eh...I won't completely eliminate anything, but i thought this was interesting

The Foods Celebrity Trainers Won't Eat

310 495 146 9 7
The Foods Celebrity Trainers Wont Eat

We asked top celebrity trainers one question: is there any food item you won't eat and recommend your clients avoid too? What we ended up with was a wide variety of answers, and while many of these off-limits foods seemed to make everyone's lists, there were a few answers that surprised us. Keep reading to see which foods celebrity trainers like Harley Pasternak, Jackie Warner, and Tara Stiles keep out of their kitchen, and then vote on whether or not you agree.

David Kirsch: Fried Foods

David is a firm believer in steering clear of fried, fatty foods — of course, what sometimes tastes the best is the worst for you. Trainer Jonathan Ross agrees and says fried foods are something he almost always steers clear of, saying they're "completely destructive to the body." Fried foods are widely available (and cheap), making them hard to steer clear of, but the amount of trans fat they contain should be enough to scare anyone, he says.

Teddy Bass: Refined Sugar

In addition to processed foods, Teddy is big on steering clear of refined sugars. Our bodies desire fresh, organic foods for energy and fuel, he says. Once you load up on the proper foods, you'll be primed for Teddy's arm workout!

Tara Stiles: Alcohol

Want to erase a few years from your face? Stop with the fancy cocktails, says yogini Tara Stiles: "No one wants to hear this one, but if you want your body to operate optimally and look fantastic — and younger — avoid alcohol." Given that Tara works closely with Brooklyn Decker, this advice is clearly working! When it comes to weight loss, giving up alcohol is a must for Tim Rich, personal trainer with Crunch gym. Tim says alcohol is nothing but "empty calories" and suggests that those looking to lose a few pounds should ditch drinking for 21 days; after that, limit drinks to a few per week. Tim says he only drinks "a few beers a month."

Harley Pasternak: Grapes and Bananas

Two foods noticeably missing from celeb trainer Harley Pasternak's 5-Factor are grapes and bananas. Harley, who counts Katy Perry and Lady Gaga as clients, says, "No one is going to live a shorter life if they have bananas or grapes," but he recommends that his clients choose healthier fruits. "I tell my clients to stick to fruits that either have edible skin, edible seeds, or citrus — bananas do not have edible skin, nor do they have edible seeds really, nor is it citrus. Most of the fiber and nutrients that are in a fruit are in a fruit's skin. A banana is just the densest piece of fruit that you can put in your body, and since it doesn't have much fiber, it won't keep you full." As for grapes? "Grapes have a special sugar in them called dextrose, which is the highest glycemic sugar that you can possibly put in your body."

< ="/poll/view/dynamic/18793798/1/1&container=poll_ajax_placeholder_18793798" method="post" id="poll_view_voting_18793798">

Jeanette Jenkins, Jackie Warner, and Valerie Waters: Processed Foods, Especially Refined Carbs

This was a big one for celebrity trainers Jeanette Jenkins, Jackie Warner, and Valerie Waters. Valerie, who has worked with Jessica Biel, sticks to the mantra, "If a food item has ingredients you don't recognize or can't pronounce, you probably shouldn't eat it." Jackie says that "everyone has to understand that bread, crackers, croutons, things like that, that's sugar. As soon as it's in your system, it processes straight to sugar then straight to fat." Jeanette Jenkins, trainer to Kelly Rowland, steers clear of processed foods, because they "create inflammation in the body and increase the risk of disease."

Steve Moyer and Yumi Lee: It's Not What You Eat; It's How Much

While trainer Steve Moyer is against eating trans fat, he follows the rule of moderation — eat too much of anything, and the weight will come. Regardless, he feels strongly that the quality of food should generally be healthy.

Yumi Lee, who works closely Jessica Alba, feels the same and says her client follows the 80/20 rule to maintain a healthy weight. "You can't be 100 percent all of the time, but you can be 80 percent all of the time," says Yumi.

John Damon: All Soda, Even Diet

YogaTone trainer Andrea Cirignano; Stephania Greco, a personal trainer and group fitness instructor with 24 Hour Fitness; and celebrity trainer John Damon, who works with Whitney Port and Kristin Cavallari, say that soda should be eliminated from everyone's diets — this includes diet soda, too. For John, soda just doesn't make sense: "It has no redeeming qualities." We couldn't agree with them more. Drinking soda has been linked to several health issues like dental decay, bone loss, and hypertension. It's also loaded with sugar — not a good thing for any healthy diet. Diet soda doesn't fare much better: studies link the consumption of diet soda to both weight gain and stroke risk.

Jackie Warner: Yogurt

Jackie Warner says that if you're looking to lose weight, "get away from yogurt completely." For Jackie, most yogurts on the market are filled with sugar — her number one food vice and the reason "people are heavy and sick in this country." While we agree with Jackie that many of the yogurts on the market are brimming with sugar, Greek yogurt is a must in our book!

< ="/poll/view/dynamic/18793803/1/1&container=poll_ajax_placeholder_18793803" method="post" id="poll_view_voting_18793803">
Jarett Del Bene: Margarine

Jarrett Del Bene, best known for working with The Hills alumnae Lauren Conrad and Audrina Patridge, says that margarine is number one on his off-limits list: "It's loaded with empty calories and is packed with trans fat, which is the worst fat to consume."

David Kirsch and Valerie Waters: Gluten

Famous for helping Heidi Klum bounce back postbaby, David Kirsch stays away from gluten in processed foods: "I try to steer clear of gluten as much as possible — it's awfully bloating." Valerie Waters also steers clear of certain gluten-filled foods like pancakes, waffles, muffins, and most cereals. Says Valerie, "Those foods will not only make me fat, they make me want to sleep."

Edited by femmefatale85 - Feb 26 2014 at 8:41pm
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:19pm
I remember watching Jackie Warner's show a few years ago and her saying steer clear of yogurt. I haven't touched it since. I'm a work in progress with the rest of the list.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 159160161162163 350>
  Share Topic