Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 390>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 2:42pm
Hello stomach.
Sponsored Links

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 6:30pm
Booty Building tips..
photo
Good morning everyone! I have been getting so many emails lately loaded with questions on how to grow your glutes, so I’ve decided to dedicate the next few blog posts to the booty building essentials.  
  1. LIFT WEIGHT!
There’s no way to grow a muscle without adding resistance. I see it all the time, girls squatting their body weight and wondering why their booty’s aren’t lookin like J LO. If you want that booty, you have to stack on the weight, then squat and lunge your butt on! Well, the reality is that genetics plays a HUGE part in our butt type. If you have a naturally large booty you will have a much easier time developing the muscle, but if you have a flatter derrière you will have to work that much harder to you’re your cakes! Doing exercises without weight can change the shape of your booty, making it perkier and a more desirable shape., but only when you add weights to your workouts will you actually see the muscle GROW!

2. Feed your Butt!!!   If you want more junk in the trunk, you need to eat more. It’s a simple concept but people have the hardest time with this component of booty building. We want to spend hours in the gym “building muscles” but then skip meals or munch on salads because we don’t want to get “fat”.   The truth is, we don’t build our muscles in the gym, we actually tear them up! It’s in the kitchen that repairing and building takes place. People neglect the diet component of muscle building and therefore, don’t see results. I know you have heard it all before, “How we look is 20% gym and 80% diet.” That’s a HUGE ratio! Genetics aside, because there are some freaks of nature (and I say that will all the respect possible) who have a large amount of muscle mass and are able to maintain it without the proper diet. But for the rest of us, who have to work just as hard, if not harder in the kitchen than we do in the gym, this component is CRUCIAL.   Protein is the main muscle building macronutrient and it is ESSENTIAL for muscle growth. It’s the reason why most people drink a protein shake right after a workout. You just put your muscles through an intense workout and they’re hungry! Carbs after a workout are important as well. When we workout, we deplete the stored energy within out muscles called glycogen stores. Consuming carbs post workout helps to replenish them and prevents muscle break down.   If you are interested in a “booty builder” diet plan, they are available on the “nutrition plan” tab on the site! Nutrition is crucial! Eat to Grow!!!  

3. Rest and Stretch:   Working out is stressful on the body because we push ourselves to exhaustion. We tear our muscles, stretch our tendons and ligaments and deplete our glycogen stores. There is such purpose and importance in rest days. When you train a specific muscle group, give yourself 2-3 days rest before you train that muscle group again. You will be able to train more efficiently if you give yourself ample time to recover. The food that we ingest during the day is put to work while we sleep. Studies show that protein synthesis, muscle repair and growth hormone release all occur during sleep. If you are not seeing results in the gym and you’re only getting a few hours of sleep a night this may be your problem. Glute and leg training days are usually the most tolling. You’re forced to use your whole body in staple leg day exercises such as squats and lunges, which causes you to tire quicker. If you’re not getting sore for a day or two after a leg/butt workout, then you need to switch up your routine and intensity.   Stretching is another component of weight training that is often overlooked. Keeping the muscles and their casings, also known as fascia, loose and limber allows the muscles to grow in size and strength. Stretching also helps to decrease the chance of injury. Flexibility allows you to get the full range of motion and thus, get the most out of your weight training sessions. Read my detailed blog on stretching : http://getfitandthick.com/stretching/  

4. LUNGE YOUR BUTT ON! People can talk all they want about squats being the best exercise for the booty. I on the other hand, have a different opinion: Yes, squats serve their purpose but I have seen the most results in my training when I incorporate lunges into my regimen. I can focus on one leg at a time and do so without the strain on my back and knees that I experience while performing squats. Lunges allow for a greater range of motion than a squat and thus, more results. The large muscle groups that are affected during lunges are the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Because you are usually carrying weight when you lunge, you are forced to use your whole body to maintain proper form and stability.   There are many different variations of lunges. There’s walking lunges, forward lunges, back lunges, side lunges, curtsy lunges, barbell lunges, step lunges, the list can go on and on. The important thing to remember is that when we do a lunge, we are primarily focusing on one leg at a time to do most of the lifting. That being said, the front leg is where the majority of your weight or lifting should be taking place. The back leg is used for stability and support but shouldn’t be doing much more than that. When we keep our weight in the front leg, we are ensuring that it is the glute that is doing most of the lifting. It’s also important to keep your weight in your heel. When I do any glute or leg exercise, I ALWAYS lift up my toes in my shoes. It isn’t necessary but if you have large quads like me that naturally take over your lifting it may help you too with form. Form is so important when you are lifting weights. If your form is compromised, then you’re not going to get the results you anticipate and you may run the risk of injury. Keep your chest up and out, core tight and don’t let your front knee come over your toes. When you’re knees bend, they should form a 90° angle. I usually perform walking lunges or stationary lunges every time I workout legs or butt. Nothing exhausts my glutes and gets me sore quite like walking lunges. I do anywhere from 70-125lbs for 24 reps, 4 sets. I have worked very hard at getting up to my current lunge weight so don’t get discouraged if you are starting at 20 pounds or even just your body weight. Everyone has to start somewhere! Each week go up 5-10lbs in weight and work your butt on!!

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:03pm
Lunges kill my kneee im 80% sure im doing them wrong. I step foward and have a hard time getting back up
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:15pm
Is there a stretching post in this thread
I need tips or a video

I don't do lunges they feel bad on my knees as well

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Lunges kill my kneee im 80% sure im doing them wrong. I step foward and have a hard time getting back up
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:16pm
I've been working out consistently for over a month, but I've only lost 2lbs so far. I'm guessing it's my diet even though I have been eating 80-95% clean. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Edited by TayTay - Feb 09 2014 at 7:16pm
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:26pm

Have u tried the smith machine...where u stay in one position?
luvurself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvurself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:23pm

Keep practicing and go slow until you get your form right. Make sure you aren't stepping out to far and push through the heel
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:30pm
Thanks guys, i havent tried on the smith I'm to scared to get on. I use free weights/dumbbells
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 12:48am
what do yall eat? 

i think thats my biggest problem when trying to lose weight
but i suck at eating healthy

idk what to eat or how much
and i have to figure how ima get people to take me to go shopping every week for healthy food :/
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 7:02am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 390>
  Share Topic