Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 384>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:28pm
haven't checked-in in a while because so much happened and i've been piss but doing much better now. after getting food poisoned; which kept me out of the gym for about a week; i pulled a muscle in my lower back when i finally went back. went to the doctor and had some x-rays done because i could barely walk for 3 days; that kept me away from the gym for another 1.5 weeks. doc gave me a shot, some anti-inflammatory, and recommends physical therapy. of course i'm stubborn and opted to not do the pt. about a week later i decided to work out at home and injured my back again. had a follow up appointment today and he says i need to take it easy. so i called my personal trainer and asked him what he could do for me. and he came to my house and helped me stretch and we did some workouts that activated my back muscles and really helped me stretch my lower back. i feel 10x better and we are meeting up again tomorrow. i am finally getting back to myself and i cannot wait for my back to heal completely so i can get back to all my other activities. 

on the other hand; my knees are pretty much shyt. got x-rays on those too and after years of running my knees are pretty much done. turns out my kneecaps are not even in the appropriate place and that is what has been causing all of my pain. he says in about 30 years i will need surgery. i'm considering a second opinion; but i would rather have the surgery now instead of later because at this point i cannot do any high impact activities which means no squats and i cannot live without squats. 
Sponsored Links

yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:42pm
wow knee surgery? It is miserable when you have a back injury. It is just miserable. Anyone juice with a ninja blender ? I see some have a nutribullet...
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:56pm
MarcC is posting workouts I am going to have to try 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:34am
Damn we've been getting injuries

Sorry to hear that Smaison.

Getting better soon
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 5:36am
Dang Samone...back/knee pain are the worst. Feel better soon!

Okay guys, I've made my mind up to give this a go...LOL. I honestly don't want to be a chubs in the summer so I better get started. I've decided to post my weekly weigh-ins in here to keep me accountable & on track. So here it goes...

I weighed in just now & my starting weight is 194.6 Shocked...Yeah I'm disgusted. I have gained 30lbs since moving back to NY...I've got to get control of this or else! My knees are definitely not having it. I don't want to make any longer-term goals like 30lbs by june, I'm just going to stay focused, dedicated and consistent & I'm sure to reverse this darn scale. So for now (because my knee is still on the mend) I'm focused more on my diet and less on exercise. I'm doing portion control, cutting out the excess sugars, more water etc...

Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 5:45am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

today's workout...took about 40 minutes and i used a free weight instead of a sandbag

Love her abs
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:05am
I had two glasses of wine last night.. but I burned 775 calls before.. soon a tsp of alcohol of didn't count

How tall are you jewels? Brave, weekly weigh ins lol. Are you in NYC or NYS? People lose weight when they come home, I did. I walk everywhere. I might do the weekly weigh, lol privately
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I had two glasses of wine last night.. but I burned 775 calls before.. soon a tsp of alcohol of didn't count

How tall are you jewels? Brave, weekly weigh ins lol. Are you in NYC or NYS? People lose weight when they come home, I did. I walk everywhere. I might do the weekly weigh, lol privately
I'm 5.7 (not tall enough LOL) I live in NYS, work in the city. But my current position is sedentary, between the long ass commute, getting home late & being a home body (atm)...I've packed on the pounds...unless I make an effort, I won't get much exercise. Not to mention I love all things unhealthy...Stern Smile.

If you want you can pm me & we can do a "private" support thingy...LOL. I did this to keep me accountable, because if not, I'll just backslide and be talking about losing weight "next year"...smdh.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:29am
*gulps* ok im in. Imma start Friday for real cause I might be going on vacation this summer

When I lived in WNY... fatty! Came home in Sept, walked to the supermarket, hair salon, train station.. lost 10lbs by my bday in Nov.

I remember your legs walking little will do a world of wonders. I downloaded a pedometer app. I try to do at LEAST 7500 steps, but aim for 10,000. Last night I overheard a lady telling her friend I had a nice shape... the friend said I must be wearing a girdle, I wasnt
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

*gulps* ok im in. Imma start Friday for real cause I might be going on vacation this summer

When I lived in WNY... fatty! Came home in Sept, walked to the supermarket, hair salon, train station.. lost 10lbs by my bday in Nov.

I remember your legs walking little will do a world of wonders. I downloaded a pedometer app. I try to do at LEAST 7500 steps, but aim for 10,000. Last night I overheard a lady telling her friend I had a nice shape... the friend said I must be wearing a girdle, I wasnt
smdh! LOL... That's a great idea, I used to walk to work from the train, but between me injuring my knee & the cold, I've been taking the train. Maybe when this cold snap breaks, I'll start back up. I'll go take a pic in the bathroom Wacko...and that'll be my start picture. At this point, I have to do anything & everything to keep me honest cause I swear to you these snacks know me by my government.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 384>