Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 372>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 3.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:03pm
Prep, juicing, and clean up took about 2 hours.. Sleepy
the prep was probably the longest part.. do you guys use that veggie/fruit cleaner that you can buy in the produce section? 

2 bunches kale
2 bunches spinach
2 stalks celery
1 cucumber
1 lemon
1 apple 
about 20 baby carrots 
will last about 2 days.. 

Edited by coconess - Jan 05 2014 at 12:07pm
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:05pm
2 days? So how many actual drinks (sizes) can you make out of all of that?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:09pm
id say that i got about 55-60ish-oz of liquid out of that.. 
mainly from the celery 

ill drink like 2, 16oz per day 

Edited by coconess - Jan 05 2014 at 12:10pm
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:15pm
That's not too bad. Do you find it more cost effective than purchasing the pre-made? I would consider it but I don't have a strong blender...Plus I'm not a veggie person. I take hella vitamins so I'm hoping I can combat/receive the nutrients that way...LOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:23pm
its waaaaay more cost effective than buying them.. pre-made ($6-8) or fresh made ($11) 

whereas at the grocery i pay like 
$2-4 for a bunch each of kale, spinach, carrots and celery 
about $1 for the lemon, cucumber, and apple each 
and make a lot more.. 

but I'm lazy… 
ill continue to buy them sometimes.. but I'm glad I'm getting more comfortable with juicing myself somewhat.. ill do like 70/30 (juicing vs buying) 

they have green powders that you can buy that are flavored.. if you put it in a smoothie it won't taste that bad.. and over time you'll begin to get used to it i think.. 
i did. i used to need lots of fruit.. now i typically don't use any. 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Oil pulling at the moment then I'm going to stretch warm up and do a kettle bell workout.

@ Hunny it could be temporary and just a pump from a good workout but I wouldn't worry because you still want to lose weight.

@ Purp I don't know how you do it , that weather would be an excuse for me to stay in the house.

@Rumbera do you do a kettlebell dvd or one on your own?
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:28pm
LOL I hate the time associated with juicing... especially the pulp trap cleaning or whatever. I'm lazy and it doesnt make enough juice to last long enough for me!

Thats one major part of why I prefer green smoothies over juicing, but I know juicing has unique benefits.. aintgonebeabletodoitagain though

plus of course the cost difference Ouch

Edited by Lite Brite - Jan 05 2014 at 12:31pm
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

its waaaaay more cost effective than buying them.. pre-made ($6-8) or fresh made ($11) 

whereas at the grocery i pay like 
$2-4 for a bunch each of kale, spinach, carrots and celery 
about $1 for the lemon, cucumber, and apple each 
and make a lot more.. 

but I'm lazy… 
ill continue to buy them sometimes.. but I'm glad I'm getting more comfortable with juicing myself somewhat.. ill do like 70/30 (juicing vs buying) 

they have green powders that you can buy that are flavored.. if you put it in a smoothie it won't taste that bad.. and over time you'll begin to get used to it i think.. 
i did. i used to need lots of fruit.. now i typically don't use any. 
That's a great idea coco for me to get used to it & incorporate it into my diet. Where do you get the powder from? GNC? Or is that more of a whole foods type product...LOL
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:36pm
yessss LB.. i thought it was too much.. but I'm getting used to it i guess… but ugh Sleepy

i rather just buy a 3 day cleanse.. its pricey but they give you like 9 bottles per day (1 of which is a almond or cashew milk thing for protein.. and a special tea.. and aloe.. and coconut water ) so i think its worth it.. 
I'm still considering it for my actual cleanse where i don't eat. 
i think they know better than i do whats best for an actual cleanse and the order/process.. getting fresh coconut water seems like a hassle.. and id just go buy a raw vegan protein instead of making one fresh from almonds/cashews and shiit. 

Edited by coconess - Jan 05 2014 at 12:42pm
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

That's a great idea coco for me to get used to it & incorporate it into my diet. Where do you get the powder from? GNC? Or is that more of a whole foods type product...LOL

the vitamin shoppe has a better selection than gnc 
whole foods will have them too but they're more expensive there 

Edited by coconess - Jan 05 2014 at 12:41pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair