Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 394>


Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 230819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 5:32pm
oh btw… i read that when you use a slow masticating juicer.. (like blueprint cleanse uses, a very popular company) its fine for you to drink them like 2-3 days later.. 
i guess that its a better extraction process.. 


Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 25 2009
Location: New York
Status: Offline
Points: 23819
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 5:34pm
Rumb... what exactly did you do in that barre class? I've been seeing deals for it but there's a reason I didn't take ballet
Back to Top
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 06 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Status: Offline
Points: 49326
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I think I have been making a mistake.. I started this week to do donkey kicks with ankle weights, but I have been doing it daily just like the squat challenge (in which I lost 0.5" of my butt in 2 weeks)... and now it downed on me that I may lose some inches on my butt or get it really hard - but my goal is bigger!

I guess I should cut down to 3x a week.
 
Everyday is not good, in order to build muscle they need to rest in between. If you want bigger you need to eat over you maintenance calories and hit the weights hard with low reps. Stay in between 5-8 reps nothing higher.
Make sure you post workout nutrition has carbs and protein, ratio 2:1 (carbs:protien).


yeah, i will cut down to 2 or 3 times a week and maybe increase the weights. i am doing donkey kicks with only 3.75lbs, total of 50 sets and it is already a workout for me.
Back to Top
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Aug 16 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 183566
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

Rumb... what exactly did you do in that barre class? I've been seeing deals for it but there's a reason I didn't take ballet


I'll post a video later but it's a series if small movements using muscles that you didn't know that you even had. For instance you put on foot behind you , lean forward until you head reaches the bar then lift you leg up, it will naturally lift as you move forward. Then you make a fist with your inner glute muscle and lift your leg an inch of so... Those small movements are killer ... Believe me
Back to Top
luvurself View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 30 2008
Location: US - Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 1164
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvurself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

we dont even have a whole foods Cry walmart carries Naked but that stuff takes like sugar puree 
ima have to see about that delivery though
 
Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a Trader Joe's?
Back to Top
luvurself View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 30 2008
Location: US - Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 1164
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvurself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I think I have been making a mistake.. I started this week to do donkey kicks with ankle weights, but I have been doing it daily just like the squat challenge (in which I lost 0.5" of my butt in 2 weeks)... and now it downed on me that I may lose some inches on my butt or get it really hard - but my goal is bigger!

I guess I should cut down to 3x a week.
 
Everyday is not good, in order to build muscle they need to rest in between. If you want bigger you need to eat over you maintenance calories and hit the weights hard with low reps. Stay in between 5-8 reps nothing higher.
Make sure you post workout nutrition has carbs and protein, ratio 2:1 (carbs:protien).


yeah, i will cut down to 2 or 3 times a week and maybe increase the weights. i am doing donkey kicks with only 3.75lbs, total of 50 sets and it is already a workout for me.
 
I agree. increase your weight lower the reps. If you want to build muscle then this is key
Back to Top
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 198848
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by luvurself luvurself wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

we dont even have a whole foods Cry walmart carries Naked but that stuff takes like sugar puree 
ima have to see about that delivery though
 
Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a Trader Joe's?

my home city has whole foods but my school is in north louisiana 
i dont think there is a trader joes in the state 
Back to Top
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 23 2011
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 120208
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:25pm
I've begun. I decided to do a short term diet that consists mostly of green smoothies and egg whites.

But I'll also occasionally be eating 100 cal popcorn (weekends probably), raw fruits and veggies, and sunflower seeds. These things will help me when I'm at work all day because I don't always have access to a refrigerator to eat the main things

My workout goal is 5x per week.
Back to Top
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 198848
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:33pm
ive always loved her locs, but chef ahki is my new shero

Back to Top
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 21 2008
Location: Bliss ♥.♥.♥
Status: Offline
Points: 55943
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:41pm
TMI but, aunt flow is here and I refuse to workout or eat right.
I'm starting all things fitness/ diet etc etc on Monday.

First thing first, I'll start my cleanse Sunday.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 394>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down