Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 386>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 6:08pm
Do you all power through or take it easier at TOM? EmbarrassedSorry men folk. I want to try the mayo free recipe but with chicken.
Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

Since I'm tired of taking blood pressure medicine and have just been told I'm pre-diabetic (5'6", 183 poundsCry) I MUST lose this extra weight because I don't want to die.  Both my parents had strokes, I don't want to have a stroke.  

Since I love working out (seriously, I do) and I participate in a sport, my biggest issue is food.  Recently discovered juicing, which I'm really enjoying.  I know we can ALL do this and be successful.

Let's DO IT LADIES!!!

I can relate. My bp was 160/103 a few days ago.
My father died at 59 from kidney failure.
I HAVE to do better.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 7:47pm
Worked out today. Got my cardio in. I hate cardio.... SMH... I see some great tips in here already!! I I may try oil pulling. I read about it before but it seemed like so much. I will start off small. Maybe 5 minutes and work myself up.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 7:57pm
ugh.. the threads been moved

they didnt move that last one did they..? it stayed there for a friggin year.. 
but u move this one before it even really starts
cray  

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:21pm
i had to pm the mods and put "for TTT" in that thread title, plus pray to baby jesus for it not get moved
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:30pm
Well can we create a new thread and ask the mod not to move it? We still have one more day before it's officially 2014 anyway...
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:31pm
Southern I think you should do the honors anyway being that it was your brain child.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

Do you all power through or take it easier at TOM? EmbarrassedSorry men folk. I want to try the mayo free recipe but with chicken.

It depends, sometimes TOM gives me incredible energy and other times I have to take it easy...
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:39pm
anybody wanna do this

January 2014 Green Smoothie Cleanse

greeen smoothie cleanse 2014
by Ajima Jackson | December 29, 2013 20 Comments
It’s monthly challenge time! We will start off 2014 with a 14 day Green Smoothie Cleanse

What are green smoothies? A green smoothie is a smoothie that has fresh leafy greens in it, such as collard greens, kale, swiss chard or spinach. This is in addition to the most common smoothie ingredient: fruit of all kinds!  You can also use various vegetables, fresh green herbs, nut milks, unsweetened protein powder, yogurt, raw nuts, coconut oil, seeds (chia, flax), and more!

OUR GOAL FOR JANUARY:  We will use green smoothies for meal replacementand to give our bodies a rest from processed, chemical filled foods.  We will take this time to replace the foods we should not be eating with healthy green smoothies. Give your digestion a rest, detoxify, experience more energy, and get control of your eating habits.

Option 1:  If you really need to let go of some foods that you are addicted to, I suggest this plan.

• Week 1 – Green smoothies, water and herbal tea only.  Smoothies should be 24 to 32 oz to replace a meal.  It is fine to add natural, unsweetened protein powder to your smoothies.  Drink as many smoothies as you want.  The goal is for you to be full.  I’d suggest 3-4 smoothies per day.
  • Week 2 – 2 green smoothies and 1-2 healthy, clean meals a day.  You can also have healthy snacks.*
 *Snacks: If you feel very hungry between meals you can have these snacks

• Uncooked veggies
  • Fresh fruit
  • Raw almonds
  • Raw walnuts
  • Water with lemon
  • Unsweetened almond milk
  • Plain Greek Yogurt with some fresh fruit on top
  • Whole grain cereal with no sugar added
  • Plain Oatmeal with fruit or honey

Option 2:

• 2 Weeks of replacing 1-2 meals with a 24 – 32 oz green smoothie.  For example, you could replace breakfast with a smoothie and then eat a healthy lunch and dinner.   The goal is for you to be as full as you would be with your regular meals so you will likely drink more than the minimum 24 oz.  You can extend this option for the whole month of January if you like.

Try going GREEN: Green smoothies are powerhouses of nutrients and enzymes. The key ingredient that makes these smoothies so powerful: leafy greens!  Leafy greens in our smoothies give us:

• lots of chlorophyll. This helps to purify our blood, enhance our immune system, reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and rejuvenate the body.
  • lots of fiber, which helps improve digestion & keep you regular. Being regular is KEY to detoxing the body.  Fiber also helps the liver, kidneys, and gallbladder.
  • Buy organic fruits and veggies, if you can, to cut down on contact with chemical pesticides.
Suggested Greens

• Lettuce, all kinds
  • Swiss chard
  • Mixed baby greens
  • Spinach
  • Sunflower sprouts
  • Dandelion greens
  • Kale
  • Parsley and other herbs
  • Celery
  • Arugula

Medical Disclaimer: If you have a chronic health issue, diabetes, are pregnant, breast feeding or have blood sugar issues, this is not the challenge for you to try without talking with a doctor first.  Speak with your doctor before engaging in ANY eating plan where you drastically change your eating habits.  Also,  If you are on a low carb diet, you may not be able to work smoothies into your daily food goals in terms of carb load.

STAY ACCOUNTABLE EACH WEEK - Check in each weekend in January to tell the BWLW sisterhood how you are doing and to get support.  Visit blackwomenlosingweight.com to check in via your blog there or post a status message on our Facebook wall.

Example: Daily Diet of Just Smoothies

Meal #1 — Green smoothie composed of 2 bananas, 1 cup of blueberries, 100 grams of greens.

Meal #2 — Green smoothie composed of 2 mangoes, 1 banana, 100 grams of greens.

Meal #3 — Green smoothie composed of 4 cups of frozen fruit and 150 grams of greens.

Meal #4 — Green smoothie composed of 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 cup of blueberries and 100 grams of greens.

Total: Approx. 1200 calories, and 1 pound of greens.

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 8:41pm
[QUOTE=yurika975]Do you all power through or take it easier at TOM? EmbarrassedSorry men folk. I want to try the mayo free recipe but with chicken.[/QUOTE

power through...exercise helps with bloating and my energy level

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair