Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

2014 Go hard or stay yo a$$ home fitness thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 389>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 11:38pm
The one I'm doing is 75 miles for the month.
You can make it however many miles you want though.
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 11:57pm
I had to severely cut my miles back to preserve my bulging disc Cry  I'm barely running 20 miles a week and do more cross training than I would like..... y'all work though!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

My sister takes isopure and recommended it, plus her friend who lifts heavy drinks it too, but I wanted more opinions.
I am going to buy it today. I don't expect it to taste good, I just want it to help me.

Oh and tonight I am going to take this pre-workout energy supplement called C4 extreme to see what happensWink
I was just looking at the C4 deal on groupon. But from the reviews on youtube..C4 is kinda weak. idk

I have an update about the C4... I took it today 20 minutes before going to the gym. It worked fast on me, in 5 minutes or so I was already feeling hyper. I worked out and pretty much all machines felt ridiculously easy. After 60 minutes or so, I felt like I crashed; although leg press was feeling easy and I was doing 160lbs but it felt like 40lbs, my legs were shaky and I felt that my body couldn't keep up, even though the weights felt light. I managed to finish that and worked out my abs and back with no problems, but legs was hard to do, it was like my legs were weak.
I was feeling like my body would shake but I could control it - and I wanted to control my body because I was afraid I was going to lose my balance and crash on something.

I felt slightly high for an hour after I arrived home and drank my protein shake, so I don't know if a mix of both got me that feeling or if it was the side effects of the C4. Overall, C4 extreme does work for workout energy but I felt shaky and unable to do something that felt easy because my legs were weakening by the minute.OuchThumbs Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 10:26am
Oh, but the isopure strawberry and cream was delicious.
For the first time ever, I was able to drink a protein shake in 2 minutes!
Usually I would 10....
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 6:35pm
c4 did nothing for me

i cant remember the profile for isopure.

its like juice based one in the bottles right??

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 6:39pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 12:24am
Results are in for the BGR Atlanta Sweat with your sole.

1397 participants in the 5k Clap

452 participants in the 15k Clap

I placed 290 something in the 15k Cry  Those Atlanta hills combined with the heat and the freaking tailgaters for the Falcons/Saints game was a recipe for disaster.  Smelling BBQ running in heat and hilly.....oh and I had 2.5 hours of sleep because I went to a Lyfe Jennings concert the night before and then to some strip clubs for pool and trees smh....  I party to much in the A so I had a feeling I might blow itLOL

I'm not mad at all though because it was an incredible experience and I went to the game that afternoon so it was just a wonderful day all around.

Two and a half weeks until my very first official half-marathon.  I'm so nervous!!  One more long run Monday (13 miles) and then I'll dial back to only 5-6 mile runs with weights and speed work in between.

Did back and biceps today with a 2-mile speed run averaging 9:34 miles.   I really need to do more abs but I naturally have a flat stomach and freaking hate doing ab work.  I skipped out on it today.  Will double up tomorrow.

As far as results go my endurance is sick.  My speed is getting there but I can't see it in the long runs.  My ass is the greatest it's ever been in my opinion but I really need to tone my arms, shoulders and back.  

Diet is garbage.  Still too much alcohol, I don't eat often enough so my metabolism is sluggish and it shows because I really don't get hungry.  

Sorry for rambling!  Hope y'all are getting it in, feeling great and seeing results!

Edited by ThatGurlD - Sep 13 2014 at 12:26am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 12:31am
i like isopure.
some of the ready to drink ones taste a little like soap.. but i think you get used to it. 
my next protein powder purchase will most likely be isopoure.

c4 is alright imo. it just depends on the person and their tolerance. it didnt do much for me back when i was working out and drinking caffeine.. but now it would probably work well for me. 
i used to love jacked and yes s&f.. it makes you feel kinda high and just good.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 1:04am
afro, i don't think isopure is juice based.

i mixed 2 scoops with water and drank it fast, so I am really satisfied with my purchase. for the first time ever, i didn't gag while drinking a protein shake!

@coco, i did not mind the feeling high feeling, but it bothered me that my legs were weak. i also lifted way too much and probably too fast, and now my back is sore.Ouch
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 8:43am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 389>
  Share Topic